ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
11/05/11

Car has gone for paint prep today so over to Ollie for a week.

Since then I have resdesigned the entire floor layout to move the gearstick back 6 inches on its axis. The seat frames have been welded in to give a square base for the drivers (and when needed passengers seat)

We have also:

- Recieved the rebuilt gearbox
- Checked the heated window fits ok
- Shot blasted the wheels for the new colour scheme.

Drew up the floor and had it laser cut:

134.jpg

Then welded in:

125.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

Finally braced the steering wheel in the position we want:

129.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers guys. Ollies' got the bit between his teeth now it's at his work, I suspect it will be finished by Thurs/Fri!

I Mmmm and ahhhhhed about the floor. Ollie and I are so bloody tall I was keen to make sure we had a really ideal driving position. Some of the mock seat frames & floor pan I played with were brilliant; wood / cardboard; the lot! Anyway really happy with the result, simple extension on the linkage (plus a little Change to shorten the stick throw) and we are away!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I see you got my best angle ;)

After you guys left my resident painter/spot weld remover attacked all the remaining unwanted brackets in the 'boot' area.
Plan for tomorrow is to dispose of some missed sound deadening tar on the inner quarters, finish (hopefully) scotching up the front floor and cage sections and get the masking underway. Oh and finish DA ing the wheels.
Want it painted Friday!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Wheels.jpg

These are purely slave wheels. Don't expect to see these on track!

And lots of hidden tar.......Tar.jpgTar2.jpgTar3.jpg

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well after lots of prep the interior is nearly ready for paint.
It's amazing how many brackets and how much sound deadening are/is scattered over the interior.
Thanks to the help of a razor blade and DA wielding Budgie the inside of the roof was keyed up and the remaining tar residue removed.
Meanwhile the Sir known as Dave was let loose on the shot blasted 2118's with a mini DA to finish getting those ready for the new colour....;)

Big thanks to these guys for helping tonight.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Painting is delayed until Tuesday :(

Believe it or not we don't have enough of the paint. As its going semi matt black and we don't actually keep that much of it (its not often you use 3 litres of it on one job).
Masking should be done by the end of today though. Annoying as it would have been done today!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
You know what, I prefer it this way if I'm honest. This way it feels like the car has a bit of me stamped on it.

All bu((s**t, banter and silliness aside the end result is all I care about. This car WILL be very fit for purpose and as long as I'm sat in it, on the grid in 12 months time then I don't care about all what comes beforehand!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
If it doesn't make the shakedown then so be it. As long as it's ready for next season I'm happy. Anyway I have an intensive test programme in mind for it over the next few months.
I want to get it out at Donny, Mallory, Snett and Brands.

As for colour schemes, as much as i love the fresian cow look Jay the scheme is our sponsors choice and it should look quite striking.
Once the wheels are done then it should give some clues as to what we are going for.
The inside will be simple satin black.

Status
Not open for further replies.