ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joes 1.4 16v Clio Sport Replica. Pic Heavy

Another Update:

As you may or may not know I put an AD up in the Wanted section of this website, wanting 2 front sport seats, got contacted by a local CS member on here "Mund101" saying hes around 40 mins away from me with 2 mint condition 182 front seats, within 4 days of me posting the ad I came down with my mate and got the seats, mint condition, perfect price!

Guys and his mate/brother were pure legends, as my mate said to them, he "was expecting 2 weird ass old dudes who have special nicknames for their tools like Henry the Screwdriver and expecting their main occupation to be Ice Cream truck drivers" But no, guys were safe as and pure legends, got on straight away and had a right laugh throughout the day. Unfortunately for them though.. they offered to "Help" me install the seats, when I say help.. I mean they mainly did all the work. if you've read this thread from the start I just drive down to my brothers with all the stuff and get him to spend all day on it installing things as im pretty much useless haha, so you guys got the short end of the stick this time! Soz haha!

Anyway found the place, Red MR2 on the Drive and the coveted BG 182 (you lot probably don't know that I took a few stalkerish photos.. but I did lmao)

Heres the two in comparison, apparently mine being the cleaner of the two (; with my mate also in the shot:
IMG_3387.jpg
IMG_3388.jpg

I'd Say it took a good 3 hours to install the front 2 seats. Had a good laugh though doing it, including getting called a "Faggot" by a local 9 year old at one point hahaha.

and heres the legend himself in action! Unfortunately for him anyway..
Just realized how amazing the reflection in the car is ha
Desperately needing spacers for the front wheels!

IMG_3389.jpg

Another random shot:
IMG_3393.jpg

One seat out..
you can just make out what my original seats like were by the passenger seat:

IMG_3390.jpg

Guy even found a few quid hidden/ lying around for me too lmao

saw this cat under a car and just found it funny, thought id share it haha
IMG_3391.jpg

and then 3 hours, load of laughs, swearing, being called by small children, seeing too many cats including a sewer cat.. we, well they got the seats in!
IMG_3394.jpg

Absolute credit goes to you two, full on legends and great lads. Loosened the back bolts for me too so I can go pester my bro to install the rear seats!
Feeling part of the CS community now meeting a couple of you, great people!
Hats off any many thanks to you again!

Many.
Looks good.

I believe the sports are 30mm overall wider track, so 15 each side, However you could convert to sport front end, (wishbones, hubs, brakes, arb, shocks), will give you the extra track, ideal for adding spacers onto to get the wheels sitting perfect, plus bigger brakes and thicker ARB. Can be done quite cheaply.

BG 182
Nice one Joe - cars looking good (tho have to agree with others RE: rear lights!:quiet:) trust you found your way back out the sticks & home alright! Christ knows how you've kept a black car that shiney though, mine just gets driven & stays loppy! :eek:

{6th pic down - that's sewer cats 'mate' who I let work on your car whilst you were oggling the blond down the street!! Haha}

Good to meet you & your mate (can't remember his name, sorry!) - had a good laugh instead of working :D When's he coming back for this bass? ;) Haha, seriously though - there's a crate of Carling to get chucked in with it!!

Good luck with the rest of the build

Cheers,

Ed

RS clio 172
Coming along really well, I like it. :)

As most people have said... The rear lights, go for normal or maybe geta tint spray and "smoke" them but don't fully black them out as IMO it would be too black at the back then.

Maybe spray that front tow eye gloss black/Athracite to make it more subtle?

Looks good.

I believe the sports are 30mm overall wider track, so 15 each side, However you could convert to sport front end, (wishbones, hubs, brakes, arb, shocks), will give you the extra track, ideal for adding spacers onto to get the wheels sitting perfect, plus bigger brakes and thicker ARB. Can be done quite cheaply.

15mm spacers for the front then?
Its on my next "to do list" only just got paid so im gonna have to wait another 4 weeks but its defo the next mod that's happening.
This is what im looking at, could someone just double check this for me and make sure that I should get the 15mm or the 19mm spacers: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4591&appid=4

Nice one Joe - cars looking good (tho have to agree with others RE: rear lights!:quiet:) trust you found your way back out the sticks & home alright! Christ knows how you've kept a black car that shiney though, mine just gets driven & stays loppy! :eek:

{6th pic down - that's sewer cats 'mate' who I let work on your car whilst you were oggling the blond down the street!! Haha}

Good to meet you & your mate (can't remember his name, sorry!) - had a good laugh instead of working :D When's he coming back for this bass? ;) Haha, seriously though - there's a crate of Carling to get chucked in with it!!

Good luck with the rest of the build

Cheers,

Ed

Whats with the hate on my back lights haha! I still really like them at the moment. think of it this way, if you never saw a clio properly.. didn't know the difference between sports etc etc then came across this back end.. me personally id be impressed with it! to be honest out of everyone whos seen them, even my non car minded mates think they don't look good. Think its just me and my dad who have a fan club for 'em.

and yeah mate! apart from my useless sat nav mate Kane getting us on the wrong side of the motorway on the way home it was fine (;
You ever find your torx bolt? haven't looked for it yet if its in the car. Will give you a buzz though if i come across it.

and I still don't have any idea why its that shiny, I did wash/wax/autoglym it about 3 days before I came down though? went up to the bros today and first thing we said was how shiny it is lol.
He's impressed with the seats and said nice one for you doing it and not him.. thought ill let you know he tried to fix the airbag connectors today, failed hard aha. Rang up his Renault mate, knew exactly what we were on with and knows what to do, so ill shib it down to him at some point and get that all sorted!

I asked him about the bass just now, he just replied with a lot of crying faces?

Nice one again!
You'll have to start a project thread going off with yours! and your MR2.

BG 182
No hate on your back lights from me, just not my cup of tea - the important thing is that you like/are happy with them! Each unto their own, the world would be boring if we were all the same & its better that you've gone (and stuck) with your own direction on it :) best to see your brothers mate on the airbag connectors sooner rather than later...sorry - ran out of patience! :$

Yeah, found the torx bit cheers - brother had it in his pocket after all! :mad:

Those Ktec spacers are for your car & would help finish it, though couldnt advise on the depth needed - it would again be down to preference/any rubbing issues - to be fair to them, I have always found their mail order really helpful - give them a ring if you need the figures above confirming :) Sport front end is not bad advice tho - you're essentially making a 182 as you can afford it :)

Tell Kane to get saving when he's finished crying..."gaaaay" :p got to go, ice cream man's here!!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I like what you've have done so far, bar the rear lights.

When you said this was your first car and you're 22, it made me realise just how much of my money I've spunked on cars and I'm still only the same age as you. I miss my old 1.2. A tenner to do 100 miles. I can barely get 100 metres off a tenner in the R32.

​Enjoy it mate.

Tiny update:
Car interior is now pretty much complete!
Full 182 Front and rear seats.

Got the back seats out.. after some hard sweating work.. actually pretty annoying! but in the end we got there. I actually helped on this one and put some sweat into it!

Heres the finishing product!
Only thing to change on the interior side of things now to me is :
- Proper Tailored mats
- Fixing thumb grip on the steering wheel.
Other than those 2.. its pretty much done on the inside!
Oh and drive up to my brothers RenMechanic mate and get the "SERV" and airbag light sorted out from the seats not being connected.

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg
IMG_3414.jpg
IMG_3415.jpg

Also the Welcome Pack finally came! Rocking the tax disc holder.
Not rocking the rear window sticker as.. well my tints are too black.
Planning on getting 2 smaller www.cliosport.net white outside stickers, one either side of my 2 rear windows, or get custom made ones thisisnotacliosport.net.

IMG_3412.jpg

Im 22 this Thursday :( July the 11th. What am I doing for my birthday? driving back up to the brothers and getting those sideskirts finally put on! Epic finishing touch!

After they are on that's my replica pretty much done.
Then ill wait until I get my first years no claims in November/December time. Then change insurance companies and start getting those performance mods!
Exhaust, Lowering Springs etc.

Haha nice one! the 1.4s are little beastly underdog cars to me!

As for the bodywork...

Rear bumper is a straight swap, undo bolts, stick new one on.. sorted. our standard Rear Arch liners are about 1cm smaller (172 rear bumper is slightly wider) but ive left the rear arch liners as the 1cm gap is hardly noticeable.. at all. I only notice it because its my car haha.

If you want the proper siderskirts (pretty much the whole main reason why ive done this but yet the sideskirts aren't even on yet haha) then youre going to need to 172 Mettalic black wings, as the wings compared to ours are ALOT wider and slanted at the bottom to give room for the sideskirts to slot and bolt into place.

If youre going to change the wings then youre gonna have to get the 172/182 front bumper (one of the best mods ive done to this in my opinon, so much smarter, wider more beastly looking). If youre going to do this then you WILL need the 172/182 front arch liners, ours are so much smaller they just hang down and don't even fit into place making it look like a right mess so make sure they are on your lists if you do this!

182 Alloys were again just a straight swap, however if youre going to do the same as me and have to sport body kit then you (im going to have to do it soon) will need to buy wheel spacers for the front 2. No problem with the wheels its just that theyre sunk in quite abit and look lost, need a spacer to bring them back out again!

If you have any more Qs or how to's on how to do something just ask, as ive pretty much gone through it all now haha

Cheers mate appreciate it..
Will it not look odd adding spacers onto the front wheels and not the rear?

Cheers mate appreciate it..
Will it not look odd adding spacers onto the front wheels and not the rear?

Ive already thought this. ill have to show you what I mean about the sunken in gap on it.

The front 2 are sunken in quite abit as you could probably see by one of the previous photos.
The rear however are about only sunken in about 3cm. That is hardly anything, it looks fine. But to me I don't know whether to be picky and space that out.
Ill upload the spacer photos next month when I get onto it. only doing the front 2 for the moment.

2 updates in one!
It was my birthday on Thursday (jul 11th) what better way to celebrate it than finally getting my skirts fitted haha.

Also sorted out my hazing headlights and got some clear indicator bulbs for my front end!

Heres some before shots of my Hazing:
IMG_3435-Copy.jpg
IMG_3436-Copy.jpg
IMG_3437-Copy.jpg

And heres some during shots:
Realised when I sanded down (only used 1200 I think, or something even lighter) I was actually taking a layer off the lights, so I couldn't just sand the hazing part, I had to do the WHOLE light -_-

IMG_3460.jpg
IMG_3468.jpg
IMG_3465.jpg
IMG_3466.jpg

and heres the finished product:
Also the clear indicters have made a huge difference.. to me.

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

Yeahhh these photos suck ha. Have to get some better ones soon
But onto the Sideskirts!

As we could barely find bob all on how to fit these to a non sport we decided to take photos in a kind of step by step tutorial for anyone else out there who like us, were unsure on how to actually fit these to a non sport. This is our way of doing it. this is a 2 man job by the way.
(if this little guide is worthy of being put in the "How To" section then someone say and ill do it, otherwise its staying here haha)

Things Youll need:
Sideskirts
Sideskirt clips (we had all 16 but used 14)
Pencil
Masking Tape
Screws
Drill

So!

Step 1:

Hold skirts into place where theyre going to go exactly, then get someone to masking tape directly above as close to perfect as you can get above where theyre going to sit:

IMG_3438-Copy.jpg
IMG_3439.jpg

Step 2:

acquire a pencil:

IMG_3442.jpg

Step 3:
With the clips, hold them in place where theyre going to sit:

IMG_3443.jpg
IMG_3444.jpg

Step 4:

With the clips being held in place, hold the skirt as close as you can back to the cars sill and with the pencil mark either end of where the clip is, then mark a number in the middle so you don't forget where the clip is:

IMG_3446.jpg
IMG_3447.jpg
IMG_3448.jpg
IMG_3449.jpg

Step 5:

Acquire a cordless drill:

IMG_3451.jpg

Step 6:

With your clips now marked where they should be, hold them in place, stick in a screw (preferably with a washer) and drill away:

IMG_3454.jpg
IMG_3456.jpg

Fail:

IMG_3455.jpg

Anyway repeat the previous couple of steps all the way down, we only used the one screw which is in the middle we did 7 either side.
Then screwed 1 into the side of the wing as you can see the hole in the photo above in the wheel arch. and then bolted the rest of the screws on under the skirt which youll see under your car.

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

And then we have the finished product, boom!

IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3470.jpg
IMG_3472.jpg
IMG_3473.jpg

:D

You have done a good job on this mate!

Thanks man, with all the money ive plummeted in this so far.. I don't want to think haha.
Once its done I reckon it will be one of the best reps on here. Maybe. Hopefully. lol.

On my list (these will happen) is the following:

Cup Spoiler.
16mm or 19mm front spacers.
182 Rep Exhaust, 2 working exhausts not 1 real and 1 fake.
Sportline springs, 30mm rear drop and up to 50mm front drop.
Ktec induction kit (purely for noise and the fact my original air filter hasn't been cleaned in.. ever?)
2 smaller www.cliosport.net" white stickers to go either side of my rear 2 windows.
Look into getting some uprated speakers even though my standard ones are cutting it for me quite nice at the moment.

Then ill move onto the engine bay, find a proper cover for the engine, get it sprayed probably just gloss black, no writing or anything just gloss black cover. Battery cover and whatever else would be good for it!
Keep it well maintained visually and internally, be a proper good motor aha ;)

Not sure on my door cards though.. it is just pointless, they are the sport ones and the cloth is just black.. but not suede -_- this is me being a tad OCD, trying to fight this but meeeh. see what happens when im done and have tons of money for the first time in long time just lying around.

Looks cracking mate, although I'm not keen on the 2.0 badges.

Ah! yeah forgot that one to put on my list lol.
1.4 badges were (in older posts) sprayed straight silver, look good yeah but these 2.00s are pure gloss aluminum!
So eventually my bro will respray the 1.4s in gloss silver and get them looking as shiny and as cracking as these 2.00 ones are.
Honestly im not keeping them on forever haha, trust me. Id look like a right t**t in a replica and not having the actual power behind me haha, don't want to give people the satisfaction of thinking they've actually just bested a clio sport. no no no no no.

Tiny update, got Chrome indicator bulbs all round now! theyre the cheap 3quid ones off ebay, seem to do the job! all work.. so far.

IMG_0053.jpg

Before:
IMG_0054.jpg

After!:
IMG_0055.jpg

Also I did the mistake of waxing the whole car in the scorching sun, so after 2 hours and sunburn later I have this! I call it.. the mirror and its dog.

IMG_0084.jpg

White 182 Rep
great progress so far mate, only thing i would do is lose the 'chav' lights and replace them with the originals, keep it up!

Havent updated this in LOOOONG time!
I had a plan and got it all booked in and sorted out to get a custom made twin 182 exhaust with a local company for 400 big ones.
I waited weeks for the date and when the date came, I turned up and well.. excuse of the year award goes to this guy " Mate im so sorry, I left you an answer machine message.. our fabricator moved away to south Africa last Saturday and I cannot for the life of me find another one!"

Exhaust (for the mean time!) has failed.. Because the guy moved to south Africa hahaha.
Anyway this has left me with a heap of need to burn monies.

So the first thing I bought are these:
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuni...k2-all-excl-1-2-eibach-sportline-springs.html

Just waiting on them to be delivered!

Also my cars headlights are standard bulbs, and ive been driving around with them like this for around 7 months now:
IMG_0397.jpg

Standard Halogen bulbs, one of them being popped for what feels like decades now.
So I went out and bought some 120% brighter bulbs!
theres hardly a difference between them being on and then putting my main beam on. Im now one of those dicks who have headights who blind you no matter what I do.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

and to all your disbelief .. I finally gave in:
Before:
IMG_0355.jpg

After:

IMG_0356.jpg

The lights are back to standard!
Also bought this, waiting on it to be delivered and we'll get my bro onto spraying it!

IMG_0430.png

and that's the updates for today! should be more very soon.

What ive got planned for the car for this upcoming months are the following:

- Install Lowering springs, once theyre in I can figure out what size spacers I need for the front 2 wheels.
- Paint cup spoiler and install!
- Figure out wtf is going off with finding a fabricator for the exhaust!
- Ktec Carbon fibre viper induction kit.

Looks good!

Although you beat me to the cup spoiler ;)

Haha did you have your eyes on that same one too?
I posted a wanted ad on here for one, as idealy I wanted it already in black so I can receive it and whack it straight on rather than the ball ache of sanding it down and re-painting.
Guy did me a deal of 115quid for it.

yeah yeah, recognise the pic!

would of had it but had to spend £300 on 'important' stuff as the car went abit haywire over the weekend :(

Dunno wether to try and find a trophy spoiler though....

Another update:

Springs arrived in the post today, WHY the courier dude had to come at half 6 in the morning is beyond me, had to shout from the upstairs window telling him to hang on as I fail at putting clothes on.

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

Happy days right? Went to go get them fitted.. quoted me 120 to fit em! W.T.F, that's pretty much just buying them over again. Rang a few mates, got a deal for 60quid, mate of a mate whos a mechanic supposedly to fit them.. on his driveway? either way if hes apparently done it before and a 5year qualified mechanic then ill risk it. Going tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn!

So no springs fitted as of yet.
But I got something else from the proper postman who came at a proper time:

IMG_0447.jpg

Boom! external stickers x2! went round to show the brother and get them on: this is what I now have (on both sides, same place, one photo though):

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

I like em! think they look the part. However part of me is thinking a few month down the line ill think they look tacky and end up taking them off?
Car hasn't been cleaned in around 4 weeks now.

Mate, its getting beyond a joke how much your doing to your car Iv been planning on doing haha.. Its going to look like im copying you no joke! I have just fitted same alloys and changed my headlights too haha. i personally think the stickers look smart as F**k, got to have stickers on a tinted window ;) iv been looking for some but never realised this website sold them. Have to let me know what the ride is like with those lowering springs.. I wanted coil overs to ovoid compromising ride quality but man they are expensive, so if the ride aint too bad i may reconsider. Keep it up mate, more ideas i can steal ;)

Springs are on!
To my shock the lad that did it (friend of a friend) was only my age! Bit worried at first but this guy knew what he was doing, full credit to him. Pointed out things that's wrong with it that I didn't even know. Apparently my rear engine mount is either gone or on its way out.
Also!

My Drivers side spring.. ive been driving around in it like this for ages. Managed to come out of the top of its housing and start wrapping itself above! I noticed for ages one side of my car was A LOT lower than the other. ha! Sorted now.

Heres where it was done:

IMG_04591.jpg

Heres a few before pics of my tractor:
(NOTE! You can barely tell much lowering in the front due to my wheels being so sunk in, next payday is spacers time as this is looking ugly like this! 19mm Spacers in a few week time)

Before:
IMG_3179.jpg
427950_146818108797909_1697741413_n-1.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg

After:
(This bump is barely a bump, just a slight raised one. Nevermind an actual speed bump -.-)

IMG_0474.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg

(notice what I said about the spacers, the fact you can see all the arch liners makes the front end look higher)

IMG_0470.jpg

30mm Drop at rear, 45-50mm at the front. You can see the slight raised the angle of the car now. Not going to lie, I would like it abit lower but no. Seeing how far I am off the ground now is stupid. This is the right height! Better photos soon to come once I space the front end!

The ride has changed. Its a lot more firmer with the road and cornering is SOLID. Whereas before if I took a corner at an above average cornering speed I felt like one side was going to take off. This is now more one with the road, all 4 wheels solid with the ground. Comfort is the same! Obviously its never nice when you go over bumps or potholes but for normal cruising its the same, and same is good!

So next updates will include me spacing the wheels, doing paint shiz with the cup spoiler whenever it comes (48hr delivery my arse) and more than likely as I love burning money all at once and being skint for a month solid.. this:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1568&appid=4

Why the postman insists on coming as early as half 6 in the morning is beyond me.
However this finally arrived:

It didn't arrive like this, I started to hack into it.

IMG_0540.jpg

Dog even got some enjoyment out of it as he loves popping bubble wrap:

IMG_0541.jpg

Behold!

IMG_0544.jpg
IMG_0542.jpg

So off down to the brothers for me to prep it up.

IMG_0556.jpg

See the 2 dots above ^^ 2 Nice deep chips in the thing. Wouldve needed to be touched up if my car was the same colour anyway.

IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0558.jpg
IMG_0560.jpg

And that's it so far. Now sitting in the garage waiting on when my brothers got time to spray it. Probably around 2-3 weeks time.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 102
Long time since an update. Just couldn't be bothered for a long while ha.
Anyway got a few things done:
- LED Rear light
- New rear bumper light replacement jiffer thing.
- Spacers.

Start off with the old and new jiffer thing:

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

and new! SO much tidier! it does make a lot of difference.

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Also got a new LED bulb for the thing:

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

and then onto the spacers.

Desperately needed them, people who saw the car loved the look of it but most mentioned I needed spacers for my front 2. already knew this for long time but just never got round to it! ended up ordering 25mm Delta Mics off the bay thanks to a few other sport rep threads on here. I'd Recommend them especially if youre also going down the rep route!

Heres a few before:

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

Bad right? Yeah./

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

I'd Also get them painted same as your alloys before you put them on! I haven't but will do once I get my alloys refurbed.

On the ramps:

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

And then theyre on! Heres a before and after!

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

Incredible difference! I could feel the difference aswell.

IMG_0895.jpg

Now im contemplating getting a set for the rear. Probably a 20mm. what do you lot think?

Got work this morning aswell that my bro has finally painted the cup spoiler so ill go get that fitted probably tomorrow!

really looking good mate! btw how much were your springs as looking to get the same? and what LED rear lights did you get?

Springs were 160! Not gonna lie I would be abit happier with the front like 10mm lower but hey looks good now! any lower and ill end up taking off my front end from a speed bump.
As for the rear light I was like a fiver off ebay! cant remember what I typed in but its the code for the size of the light. youll get 2 options of standard replacement or those brigher LED ones.

Thank god you changed them rear lights haha!, The car has changed so much since the 1st pictures it's laughable, What's next?

I know I am preferring the rear lights now aha! and yeah ive done the same! looked at the first uploaded photo of the thing then look at it now.. completely different machine visually.

Got the cup spoiler but having trouble fitting it.

but:

Next is a custom made proper 182 rep exhaust. 30th sept
Then Space the rear wheels by 20mm I think. end of Oct
Then ktec viper induction. end of Oct. (maybe depending on funds)
Service it from Diamond Motors. Nov.
Then tax in Dec.

Whats the trouble with the spoiler dude? i had trouble fitting mine. The brake light plugs didnt match, the washer jet pipe wasnt long enough and the original clips were stuck in :(

Major bodge but i got it on in the end

really looking good mate! btw how much were your springs as looking to get the same? and what LED rear lights did you get?

Whats the trouble with the spoiler dude? i had trouble fitting mine. The brake light plugs didnt match, the washer jet pipe wasnt long enough and the original clips were stuck in :(

Major bodge but i got it on in the end

Complete opposite for me mate! put a help section up in the Discussion section.

Brake plugs match. Washer jet plenty if not too long and clips are gone!
Mine don't friggin align! you have the same problem? I put it on, but the right side don't sit flush. So bad I cant even screw it in. Ill have to get long screws! left side sits nice and I can screw it in fine. the right hand side pops up, wont come down and the whole things seems to me 0.5cm smaller than my tailgate so fitting it is still atm a right fail.

-.-

it might be sitting on your washer jet hose, there's a channel in the spoiler that it sits in. mine wouldn't sit flush either but was too short to follow the channel.

I had to leave it disconnected, plug it up, and push it into my bootlid out the way