ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just crashed

ff 182

Was on my way to girlfriends house just after finishing work tonight when drove over a blind hump bridge when there was a car on my side of the road slammed my brakes on and now my is f**ked the air bag didnt go off couldnt undo my seat belt as it was jammedgot out knee is bleeding like mad and the guy turns around saying that i was goin to fast when he was on my side of the road he said he was goin around a plastic bag full of rubish even though he had room his side police turn up didnt say much gotta sort it out with the insurance companies im so f**king stressed

Polo + Micra

sorry to here about that mate:(

I hope the police say that it was this pricks fault

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Hopefully you werent speeding and are ok. Even if people are on the wrong side of the road excessive speed is a contributory factor to the accident.

Clio v6

What time did this accident happen?

Hope your knee has stopped bleeding like mad, and everything will get sorted soon.

Good luck.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Nooo Not a Nipples! Dibs On Bits... ;) But no seriously hope your ok matey, hate people that say that "I saw a cat on my side so I came on your side so its prefectly fine and not my fault at all"... Etc..

Concerned about the airbag thhough! anyone noticed airbags on valvers actually going off are few and far between?

even duing head on smashes air bags dont always come out u have to catch it at the right angle to crack the mercury switch so it is possible to have a head on and no air bags.

hope your ok fella sorry to hear about this kinda thing

Airbags arnt meant to go off unless its really going to save your life I think.

He didnt hit the steering wheel so wasnt going fast enough - they cause burns and do general damage themselves its just better than hitting the wheel/windscreen.

gutted dude.

if the police turned up, they would have pretty much noted down the postion of the cars (as long as neither of you moved em)

and the police took your statement, just stick to your guns, you were on your side of the road "doing the speed limit"

hopefully will all turn out mate

surely there was a guy walking his dog who can be a witness to you not speeding ;)

without a witness your prob gonna have a hard time winning that mate.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

ahhhh no pete u shuda txed me mate, i wud have come out.

were u immobile??

hope ure not too hurt.

incidently, did u get breathlised? coz i didnt wen i crashed at 00.02 on friday night/sat morning. (last year)

sh*t man, u shud b recieving an sms from me shortly...

u didnt get breatlised S2PTH?

thought it was law, i was sh*tting it when i got breatlised when some drove into me.

did u take pics of the scene "smoothed clio" ?!?!?1

well i hadnt had a drink for about a week! so i wasnt too worried

just textd him then- hes sorting it out tomoro

if it was in lanes then he cud have been doing 60 if he wanted!? (not sure if it was but im just saying)

indeed

i had one, but she sed she told the police them and then left (which she did)

but coz she told the police i didnt manage to get them myself!!! (coz the police cant tell u!

First rule of driving like in any advanced or emergency driving course, or um L-test? you gotta be able to stop on your side of the road in the space you can _see to be clear_. A blind bend or hill means you cant see over the brow, so you really gotta creep. This guy was probably unnecessarily over, but there could be like a horse, a broken down car, kid fallen off a bike, anything, just around the next corner or over the next hill.

Speed limits are a maximum permitted speed, not a safe speed all the time.

Hmm sounding like grandad ill shut up now. but id advise anyone that hasnt to get and read Roadcraft, or better yet go for an advanced driving qualification. Theres a technique called limit-point analysis where you continuously make yourself aware of exactly how far ahead you can actually see on your side of the road, it can quite change how you drive, without affecting really how fast you choose to go when you can see.

Gutted for you Pete. :(

Hope it all gets sorted and that beautiful Naples Valver of yours is back on the road asap.