ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec turbo conversion for clio 172 182 ?

Renault clio 1.2 16v 04
just wondered any1 had it done or think its worth doing, and do u have any info about it , its not for me as i dont own a 172 or 182 but id like to if any1 wants 2sell me 1 ;)

RB 200 Cup!
gives out awesome power but is hellishly expensive

theres a turbo 182 for sale on ebay at the mo tho

didnt legohead do it?
they do have a good reputation, so id trust them :)

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, although he bought it with the conversion already in situ, IIRC.

Then it spend a while a K-Tec being rebuilt properly... i think. LOL

182 TURBO
i've got one for sale and the auction on ebay ends at 1906 this evening.
at the moment the joint highest bid is at £8500.
what the other guys have said is right it is awesomely powerful mine kicks out 309 bhp!!

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
309 Bhp? Does it corner without ripping the tyres to shreds under power?:eek:

Has no-one ever stuck a Megane 225 engine and 'box in a Clio?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
309 Bhp? Does it corner without ripping the tyres to shreds under power?:eek:

Has no-one ever stuck a Megane 225 engine and 'box in a Clio?

Gearbox/shafts are the weak point. And it'll be a handful, even with an LSD i'd imagine!

Megane 225 engine fits, it's been tried by Fred. It's the gearbox that doesn't. You could do it, but it'd be at high costs.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
300bhp is nothing really... ish

TDI North have a front-drive EP3 Civic Type R with 1000bhp.

Yes, 1000bhp.

Legohead bought the car with another tuners turbo kit on it I believe, and then got K-Tec to rebuild it because the original install wasnt very good

182 TURBO
it's got toyo r888's on it and it corners like it's on rails, but you're right if you go round corners rapidly all the time it doesn't take too long to wear thm down. it's deceiving though as it looks like theres not much tread left when there is just because of the look of them. iv'e lost count how many times i've had to convince the police when i've been pulled over that you are actually allowed to have them on a road car.

182 TURBO
in the wet they are not the best but still pretty good compared to average tyres you just have top remember it's wet on the bends though.

iceberg 172
with the megane 225 engine can you not use the 1*2 gearbox as i thought they were the same engine just turboed

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not the same 'box. And a JC5 'box won't fit without re-engineering.

And yes, it's a turbocharged F4R, like you get in the Clio. Different internals, cooling etc etc

Renault clio 1.2 16v 04
So i take it its worth doing then, whats the highest bhp any1 has tuned a clio to ? any1 wna trade cars with me mines an awsome 1.2 and its only done 37 k :D please please please ul save on insurance and petrol think about it heehee or is any1 selling a 172 or 182 engine ????

320d
So i take it its worth doing then, whats the highest bhp any1 has tuned a clio to ? any1 wna trade cars with me mines an awsome 1.2 and its only done 37 k :D please please please ul save on insurance and petrol think about it heehee or is any1 selling a 172 or 182 engine ????

You could trade yours for a PH1 172, they are circa £3000 now with fsh etc.

Renault clio 1.2 16v 04
are they the 1ns with the mashed up front ( when i say mashed i mean plain front ) if so i dnt like them i reckon my cars worth 4 grand easy i paid 5 for it and ive spent a grand on it in the last week any1 wna trade ;)

arctic 182 black wheels
are they the 1ns with the mashed up front ( when i say mashed i mean plain front ) if so i dnt like them i reckon my cars worth 4 grand easy i paid 5 for it and ive spent a grand on it in the last week any1 wna trade ;)

makes no difference wot u paid 4 it and how much u spent, i paid 9k for my 182 last july plus spending about 1k also BUT book value say they are worth between 4.5k and 4.9k so you'd be lucky 2 get £3500 off yours! simple fact is clio's don't hold there money compared to the likes of vw golfs etc

Ste how old are you? Dont take this the wrong way, but you come accross as being a young lad with big ideas. You drive a 1.2 at the moment, a 172 is going to be a HUGE step up in performance without even thinking about extreme modifications! If your serious about getting into performance cars, get it and learn to drive it first. Do some track days and driving courses, will make you faster than any engine mods will.

Clio 182 Cup
Not sure any1 is goin 2 trade there sport for yours mate!
Have a save and buy a good condition 172, will be worth it!! how old r u?