ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

M

mini-valver

Day off tommorrow so will be carrying on with tidying the wiring and post an update. Just taxed it for 6 months for the grand sum of £79.75. Love it.

M

mini-valver

Reet, this is a bit of a boring update TBH but worth doing for the results when the inside is painted and the cage is in.

I started off by removing the motor and loom for the sunroof (I'm still in 2 minds on what to do with the actual glass yet, more on that later though).
This is what I was left with after the roof lining and interior light was out...
Photo0048.jpg

So, removed the motor and all the loom which goes from behind the dash to the sunroof/light area. I want to keep the interior light (Or some sort of one) so I removed any wiring from the plug that I didnt need.
Original....
Photo0050.jpg

All the crap removed...
Photo0051.jpg

So, routed the interior light wiring where it will be as hidden as possible and plugged it in, checking it all worked. Any bits that are exposed will be covered in blck flexible conduit, not just left taped ;)
Photo0054.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

How the roof looks now the motor and all un-needed loom removed....

Photo0060.jpg

The rear of the car when stripped IMO, looks a mess with how the wiring is routed. When the car is painted, I didnt want loom draped everywhere so I starte to hide the interior loom. Again, everything will be flexi'd, not just left in tape. Where ever possible aswell, I removed bts of loom and switches I wont need.
So, I cut the loom in half and un wrapped it. Working from a wiring diagram I stripped back the wiring for rear speakers, door shut switches, spare earths etc.

Photo0061.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0066.jpg

Photo0067.jpg

Photo0068.jpg

After a while getting the looms through existing holes (I have carbon door cards to go in and a big sheet of carbon to cut to suit any apertures in the rear so avoided anything I can blank off) The arches looked like this
Photo0063.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

The side with the battery tray in, has the earth and number plate light behind it, I fed the wiring through a hole behind the battery and will have to flex the wiring which feeds the No. plate light. Not a problem because a) The battery hides it and b) its the main earth point for the rear light originally so made sense to use it.
Photo0072.jpg

Theres one length of loom that I cant hide easily, which runs across the roof above the boot, which feeds the boot lock, high level brake light etc etc so I'll flexi it and tie it neatly to the panel, when the inside is painted, you'll not notice it because it's out of sight but will be neat enough anyway.
Photo0073.jpg

I cut the aerial cable and fed that through the panel gaps inside the car too, neatens the insde so much without any loom anywhere!
Photo0070.jpg

It was snowing like a ho outside the car so no full interior pics as I just closed the boot and went in for a brew!
More this weekend.....

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mini-valver

KNowsit Gray! Bit of a ballache but it's easy enough.

Dean, na mate, been about 3" of snow!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Skillz there tbh! When kev gets the Cup back, i'll be getting rid of his pikey JB where the battery was....... he says its fine (quite attatched to it i think ;)) but it lets the side down :( Hidden soldered joints ftw!

M

mini-valver

Pmsl! Kev battery relocation ;)

Gray, I need to do the dash loom next so it all has to come out..... Joint dash removal meet? Lol!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Sorry dudes, Kevdowns workshop is reserved this Sat!!!! :cool:

Gas heater ftw!!

172 Race Car
Nice work on the looms dude, never thought of re-routing them when i did mine. Looks good.

Oh and buy a soldering iron mate

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I could f**king give you a soldering iron lol.

And some solder come to think of it.

Tight arse!

Looking v. neat though. :)

M

mini-valver

Another 2 steps forward 1 step back update....

Drove to work yesterday, all fine and felt really nice on the lanes on the way. Parked up, come to restart it.... Nothing. No fuel pump, no spark, just turns over. Checked all fuses and relays so gave Ben a call. He ran through a few things with me and we had it at either a break in the main power cable OR the ecu has had a fit. Towed it home on a solid bar, in the fog ay about 9pm and left it last night. Had to take the day off today because I couldn't get to work and had a poke with the multimeter.

The ECU is getting power, all fuses and relays are ok so its the ECU itself. No idea why or how its decided to break as its inside the car, in a dry box. Ben's coming up to have a look so we'll go from there when he's plugged into it to see what it says......

Ahhhhh, Love life.

M

mini-valver

gaynesss.....must be that tuppaware rigjob ;)

Die. It's not a rig up, it's a proper ECU box!

:( Sad times

Meh, warranty! May be something simple, like the power feed on the board inside has snapped. If not, new ECU, download the map and make a few changes to he cold start and it'll be as good as ever.....

He says.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Cars suck sometimes. Hope you get it fixed....sounds a simple enough process but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway...

M

mini-valver

Lol, I know. It's only the ECU, plug and play so wont be a massive job. Just a f**king ballache.

M

mini-valver

I'd love it if you could turn up with a little tool box and a swiss army knife, lol.

It just stopped working, drove to work fine, turned it off. Went to start it, nothing! :(

M

mini-valver

Yeah, it's under warranty so wont cost me anything! It's just inconvienience of having no car for work! Lend me some money for a runabout Gem?