ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Yeah, it's under warranty so wont cost me anything! It's just inconvienience of having no car for work! Lend me some money for a runabout Gem?

Oh sure...I have bout 20p left to my name. Buying new bed sucks.

Use your bike?

Doesnt Laura have a car you could perhaps insure/borrow?

172 Race Car
it wont read 12volts, it will be about 0.5volts a/c on cranking.

You can measure at the sensor but all that will do is confirm the sensor is ok, it wont help if there is a poor connection and the signal isnt getting to the ecu. If you know what pins the crank signal is on your ecu then you can check it there.
Ive no idea if it will be the same signal that comes out of the tdc sensor tho, sometimes the signal is changed by another ecu to d/c before getting that far. Im not familiar with your setup

M

mini-valver

it wont read 12volts, it will be about 0.5volts a/c on cranking.

You can measure at the sensor but all that will do is confirm the sensor is ok, it wont help if there is a poor connection and the signal isnt getting to the ecu. If you know what pins the crank signal is on your ecu then you can check it there.
Ive no idea if it will be the same signal that comes out of the tdc sensor tho, sometimes the signal is changed by another ecu to d/c before getting that far. Im not familiar with your setup

Ben's coming up with the schematics for the VEMS so I'll check it then. At the minute I've stripped the whole ECU loo back so you can imagine what state the inside is in. Without andy wiring diagrams I'd be guessing what to test :( Such a pain in the arse because I know what I need to check, I just cant, lol.

KEV? wanna buy a 1500 honda civic LSI? 12 months MOT???:cool:

Kev price?

Mondeo TDCI 130
£395!! Drive away KEV!!! its reet tbf, bodywork has the odd dink, little rust mark, runs & drives sweet as a nut though! M reg, blue.

edit : tell ben to bring my car with him?!!:eek:

M

mini-valver

Is it taxed Kev? Also, you should do a Kev hire car business, where I just borrow it for a bit, :eek:

LY 200
unlucky mate :dapprove:

I remember you saying to norm about condensation build up in the car?

Could the tupperware ecu holder have gotten condensation build up too, on the inside?

(not that I know f**k all about anything lol)

320d
Shame about the set back mate. Will be awsome when its finished though. Realy realy good idea tuning the 1.6 so highly.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
unlucky mate :dapprove:

I remember you saying to norm about condensation build up in the car?

Could the tupperware ecu holder have gotten condensation build up too, on the inside?

(not that I know f**k all about anything lol)

It's not that crazy a theory TBH....:S

Mondeo TDCI 130
lol @ tupperware, just find it comical, big engine build and tupperware. he he he. Ghetto engineering from dave!

Shame about the set back mate. Will be awsome when its finished though. Realy realy good idea tuning the 1.6 so highly.

Old idea tbh...

Just first person stupid enough (other than renault for the super1600 rally cars which use the K4M) to go through with it ;)

Gem

Racing Blue 182
lol @ tupperware, just find it comical, big engine build and tupperware. he he he. Ghetto engineering from dave!

Its a fair solution and quite resourceful though. Ghetto or not it did the job....but if it wasn't completely sealed there is a chance moisture got in?

I don't know though, I'm a lass. Just hope it gets sorted soon :)

M

mini-valver

No, inside of the box is bone dry. I drove to work, stopped, then it just cranked over when I tried to start it a few hours after. Literally has happened within 2-3 hours of
standing still at 10am, so it wasn't even humid.

The only condensation I get is on the inside of the screen when its -tempratures outside!

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
The only condensation I get is on the inside of the screen when its -tempratures outside!

I got that yesterday when I jumped in BAGS to take it back to Kevdown... I switched on the wipers and was like 'eh??' when the spots of 'rain' didn't wipe away... Then realised they were on the inside! :dapprove:

Hi Dave (Kev) :eek:

M

mini-valver

Pain in the tits but thats what warranty is for I guess!

Bags is back at Kevdown??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If the ecu is damaged, could it not be from its 'hanging free' state for about 3 months??! lol Was it not just slat in the footwell?

M

mini-valver

Noooooo, It was in the footwell for about a week (only drove to FCS and back on the motorway) then its been in the box since then which is waterproof and fixed down. Just randomnly stopped, as in, ran completely fine, then just wouldnt start.

Need a trailor and I havent got one so will see what I can arrange with Ben.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Dave, why not put a thread up on here? Some kind soul must be willing to lend you a flatbed....?

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Bags I wouldn't think RAC et. al. would do that?

Of course!

I think some of them have a 24hr initial delay for this very reason...

3 years ago I picked up a V8 caterham-tyle kit car from Glasgow between Xmas and New Year... Set off home at about 9pm, got about 30 miles in the freezing fog and called up the Breakdown service I had got free with the insurance (I put the car on risk at 5pm! ;)). It wasn't even 'broken down' rather 'unsafe to drive', they recovered me back to Cheshire in a toasty-warm lorry :D Driver said it would have been £300-400 normally, the insurance was only £230 for the year! ;)

Also, this year, BAGS has been brought home from Hull (after th'Ring killed a d/shaft), Croft Race Circuit (recovered 2 days after a crash there, didn't have number plates on it or anything! ;)) and FCS at Rockingham, after cutting out on track...

I won't say which nice service but, trust me, that's what they're there for! :)

M

mini-valver

They only do stints though so I'd have to swap lorrys right? Gonna try a few local hire pleaces first! FFS, lol.

M

mini-valver

Right, dropped the ECU off with Ben for him to send off and get sorted his end. Decided to keep the car here because a) Finding a trailor was a nightmare b) Ben's confident he can sort it without touching the car c) I have LOTS to do on it and some time off work.

Did a 600 mile round trip to pick up some goodies after I'd dropped it off so I'll write an update tommorrow!!

M

mini-valver

Nope :( The guy has had some family trouble or something so is doing the lower half FOC! Top half was sent the other day apparently but xmas period is a pain in the hole!