ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
I've been inspired. I'd be interested to see how this rev's, and how easily acheivable 8k rpm would be after these mods.

Also a small centrifugal supercharger could take place of the air con?

obv just throwin ideas around at the moment, but it would be quite possible if planned from the beginning.

Loving this...

M

mini-valver

My limiter is set at 7500, I could go to 8, but on the standard bottom end, reliability is always gonna be an issue. Ill make a vid later because I've been asked a couple of times now!

I could have used a supercharger, and still can if I had brackets made up but I'm a massive N/A fan :eek:

M

mini-valver

Small update.....

Spent an hour on the car this afternoon after football and before I sit down for the F1 :)

The ECU was put under the standard front seat by Ben, I wasn't going to keep them as I have my Sparco's to go in so was going to put the ecu in the glovebox. I've bought some CF door cards now though so if I fill the glovebox with ECU, I'll have no where to out anything. I didn't want to leave the ECU just lying on the floor, just incase I ever got a leak.

So, I offered the subframe into the car and decided where to mount the box (The best thing I could think of was a sandwich box, lol. You may laugh but its neat and waterproof ;) ) The only place I could get it out of the way is under the front of the seat, which meant cutting the original rail out.

Photo0001.jpg

Got the girnder out and drilled the spot welds then ground the excess metal left from the welds.

Photo0002.jpg

The box now fitted snug in betweent the rail. The box will be painted black and the whole interior is going to be done pearl black when I've had the cage mouns welded in.

Photo0004.jpg

The ECU and relays fit just nice so I cut a section out of the side for the loom and put the lid on. ONce I'd done that, I started pon the next job.

Because I've stripped the car and removed the centre console, I've got no where to hold the cigarette ligther, being my daily drive I'm gonna need it for sat nav, phone chargers etc. I've got a big sheet of carbon in my room so cuta section out of it and bought some angle bead from B&Q and got to work. Used a hole saw to cut thehole for the lighter......

Photo0009.jpg

Lighter in, snug as feck....

Photo0011.jpg

Screwed the angle bead which I had cut slightly shorter than the carbon peice to the dash....

Photo0010.jpg

And rivetted the carbon to the bead..... Voila!!

Photo0012.jpg

Photo0014.jpg

M

mini-valver

Why thank ya! Found a way of getting the LED in too, may just leave the OBD port....

M

mini-valver

Nothing else that I could think of! It's cheap, neat and functional ;)

172 Race Car
Dunno, never tried. Normally an apple, bag of quavers and some ham sarnies.

Should do tho coz its the same.

Loving the carbon panel btw. might have to copy ;)

M

mini-valver

Lol! Ham and cheese its where it's at though Jay!!

Cheers mate, easy enough to do. If you need a bit of carbon, I'll cut you some off and send it over?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I think a start button would look posh in that Carbon Fibre plate? Tell the Kev to sort it!

M

mini-valver

^^ Thats one of the things on the list mate! Going to get a toggle switch for the battery cut off and push button start.

It's loud Kev, too loud for your ladie ears!!!

M

mini-valver

All mapped up! Still needs a minor bit of work on the cold start. Never starts on the first turn, god knows why, Ben says its an easy fix though. Meh.

PTFE inlet manifold gasket from Hill power clio came the other day. Really good quality! Chris is a top bloke, fast turnaround and they really are well made. SO, got round to fitting them on friday.

Started to take the wiring, throttle cable and fuel rail off...
Photo0034.jpg

Then undid the plenum studs, the bottom ones were a right b*****d to get to but nothing major. Then realised the plenu wouldnt come off without undoing the slam panel and shifting it forward slightly....
Photo0035.jpg

Looks s**t without it on, lol.
Photo0036.jpg

Quick look at the worked ports...
Photo0038.jpg

WHile it was off, I gave it a quick look over and a clean.
Manifold p**n...
Photo0040.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

The gaskets are slightly bigger than the plenum and head ports and with them, being 3mm (better heat resistance) I want them to be the exact same size so I have no steps in the inlet tract. Spoke to Hill Power Clio again and he's going to make me another custom gasket to match my port size. Awesome! Fitted this anyway to see what it was like, wether the plenum was cool etc

Photo0043.jpg

Pimpin'!

Fitted my new filter aswell, had a smaller conical one so there was more room behind the headlight and for the fuse box. Whacked another CAF in the foglight hole to, lol

Photo0026-1.jpg

Photo0025.jpg

340i
Good work man!

My engine bay heat shield is starting to fall to pieces, have you replaced yours with any other kind of heat shielding, or just left it all off?

M

mini-valver

Just pulled it off, along with all the fireproof/heatsheild crap from inside!

Mondeo TDCI 130
I think a start button would look posh in that Carbon Fibre plate? Tell the Kev to sort it!

Just remember to tell me to start it or i wont be able to reach when strapped in!!

I got buckled up, and couldn't reach the door handle to close it! :eek:

M

mini-valver

dont brake lines run along the back there mate? just wondering if they might get a bit hot!

The one above the manifold is still cable tied in place. Motto is, if the cable tie hasn't melted, the brake lines will be fine. ;)

M

mini-valver

Yeah, need to sort a catch tank eventually with a return going to the TDC hole but thats last on the list really! Just points at the floor for the minute :D