ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

Mondeo TDCI 130
Same happened to me the other day kev!!! i could see people had posted but couldnt read them for a bit!

Dash is sexytime!

M

mini-valver

I can see it now, lol. This forum is shagged!

Dash is back, and I have a nice big set of Brembo's here. As soon as I can get some spacers, I'll get them fitted. I'm not woring on the car today though, COD5 has taken over my life ;)

doubt il be able to meet you tommorow now dude, just done cat and fiddle run in mine out of boredom and there is something up with the fuel, had to push it home lol

check the videos of its behavior in my project thread in a min, lol

M

mini-valver

PMSL! OK man no worries, Ill just go get some spankers ones from GSF and hope it all fits!

Ill check your thread when you post in it!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
faaark knows?

Kev bought em off some Kev on here...

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

Got some Brembo High carbons today from GSF (£75 ish, cant remember exactly) and ordered some pads as they didnt have any for the 406 Coupe V^ Brembo's, got them home and offered the caliper up to them. Pimp!
I'm Dry fitting the brakes so I can remove and refurb them when I know 100% everything fits, pretty sure I need 15mm spacers but I wont know until I have everything on properly!

Got a few "Scale" snaps so you can see how big these f**kers are :evil:-
DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

Got as far as taking them outside, realised it was far too cold and 3 anyway so thought f**k it, tommorrow's job. So come back inside and put the vents in my dash.
Andy from Flock it did it for me and i'm rally impressed, theres not one imperfection that I can see and the flock feels really thick as a pose to some of the dash's I've seen.

Few pics....
DSCF1039.jpg

DSCF1040.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

DSCF1042.jpg

I've decided to get the bottom half done too so I'm sending that of and making some weight saving mods behind the dash. I'll actually do something tommorow.... Promise ;)

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I really really like that dash :eek:

That caliper is HUGE! Nearly as big as the one I have sitting in my living room, and thats for a 400bhp car :eek:

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Looks superb Dave-Kev!! :star:

Once you've worked it all out, will you PM me a list of the bits I need to source for a conversion?

Once you work out the brackets 100% and get them machined - let me know, if a second order will get the price down for you, I'm in! :)

Cheers, Baggers-Kev x

M

mini-valver

Baggers, Baggers, Baggers..... They bolt straight to my hub (Non-RS 16v) so you'd have to get a bracket mad eup to suit your hubs as the RS's are different :(

Should stop on a button though now, ordered standard pads for now as they're only £20 a side but I'll get Redstuff's when I'm feeling flush and these are dead!

Baggers, Baggers, Baggers..... They bolt straight to my hub (Non-RS 16v) so you'd have to get a bracket mad eup to suit your hubs as the RS's are different :(

Should stop on a button though now, ordered standard pads for now as they're only £20 a side but I'll get Redstuff's when I'm feeling flush and these are dead!

Good for you! FAIL for me :dapprove:

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Baggers you can have some work from me if you want....poor Charlotte's coming up to 60k and needs a good seeing to....:(

106 GTi
Nice - Wack some DS2500's on the Brembos and they will stop a treat, both the 106 race cars ran them last season

M

mini-valver

I cant find them to save my sausage though Treen! They got any scrubbed sets I can pinch?? :eek:

Presuming they run Brembo's, lol.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Hi kev, they look mint!!! i used apec pds in mine, same as you, was unsure if they were going to be ok!!

Matched them up to the ones in the catalogue and they were the same as some jaguar £22 the set. (4)

Mine have split disc jobbies, BUT they look very similiar, i cant fit 15's though kev!!:eek:

M

mini-valver

Apparently someone has them under Willy wheels so I'm grabbing my nuts and hoping TBH. Offered them upto the wheels earlier and they dont look too bad TBH, we'll see though!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Apparently someone has them under Willy wheels so I'm grabbing my nuts and hoping TBH. Offered them upto the wheels earlier and they dont look too bad TBH, we'll see though!

I have never tried, but i am going to!! when ben stops eating turkey curry and fixes my injectors in!!:rasp:

106 GTi
I cant find them to save my sausage though Treen! They got any scrubbed sets I can pinch?? :eek:

Presuming they run Brembo's, lol.

They are yes - One set are being changed for something else this season (Pagids I think), I will save the used DS2500's from the bin for you if they still have any meat on them if I can.

They go under 15's on the race car but are very close (Speedlines) and they are wheel style dependent to if they catch on a Pug, so I guess it will be the same for you.

M

mini-valver

Yeah, I'm hoping with mine being pro-races, I'll be ok as they are designed with room behind the spoke. Yeah, scavage the old pads if they have a set, would be interesting to see the difference against standards without spending out for no benefit!

Kev, I'll get on now....

Baggers you can have some work from me if you want....poor Charlotte's coming up to 60k and needs a good seeing to....:(

Morning Miss-Gem. Season's Greetings to you.

Is Charlotte your car or a special nick-name for something else? ;)

I'm not a mechanic but happy to help with other requirements....

M

mini-valver

Daniel, it's a good job you're pretty :eek:

They've been on, and I got jiggy with the tape measure. Need 4 3 1/2mm washers and some 11mm spacers.

Old brakes come off, needed replacing anyway.
DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

Then just double checked it was going to fit the hub as I had a really bad feeling after all this, I'd need a bracket :eek:. Good job I'm always wrong TBH....
DSCF1048.jpg

Copper greased the hub, fitted the disc and dry fitted the calipers and got the centred using a selection of washers...
DSCF1050.jpg

Middo is gonna lend me some 10mm spacers to stick on, if I've got ample clearance of about 2mm, I'll use those. Only worry is, will spacers be fine on track??

Refurb the calipers over the next few days. Need some pennies for a wheel refurb too but that can wait.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Dave that looks fooking beasty. Nice :D

Morning Miss-Gem. Season's Greetings to you.

Is Charlotte your car or a special nick-name for something else? ;)

I'm not a mechanic but happy to help with other requirements....

LOL, this I know Baggers. Just winding Steve Kev up...as he keeps closing the garage for some stupid holiday called Christmas? BAH!

(P.S - Yes Charlotte is the gay name for my car).

Daniel, it's a good job you're pretty :eek:

They've been on, and I got jiggy with the tape measure. Need 4 3 1/2mm washers and some 11mm spacers.

Old brakes come off, needed replacing anyway.
DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

Then just double checked it was going to fit the hub as I had a really bad feeling after all this, I'd need a bracket :eek:. Good job I'm always wrong TBH....
DSCF1048.jpg

Copper greased the hub, fitted the disc and dry fitted the calipers and got the centred using a selection of washers...
DSCF1050.jpg

Middo is gonna lend me some 10mm spacers to stick on, if I've got ample clearance of about 2mm, I'll use those. Only worry is, will spacers be fine on track??

Refurb the calipers over the next few days. Need some pennies for a wheel refurb too but that can wait.

looks rig tastic...................what you using for lines?