ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

M

mini-valver

Picked the 10mm FK ones up from Middo earlier and he's dropping some longer bolts round later so I can fit them tommorrow and see if I need to get 12 or 15's and mill some off!

M

mini-valver

I dropped it at Angelworks just before christmas Dean, not much anyone can do until after the christmas holiday so I'll know more on the 5th I guess!!

Danny, good idea man. If I were to do that though, would the studs not have to be longer than normal??

M

mini-valver

You got a link to anywhere that sells them so I can have a look? TBH, I'm pretty sure the 10mm spacers will give it enough clearance but definately look into the studs because of track work and the pikeyness of longer bolts.

ITB'd MK1
I'll search and ask, never bought them but fitted some. My mate has them on his 205, and i'm getting them on the strength of that.

FMP_ had some on the TA car too, he'd know where to get clio fitment

Mondeo TDCI 130
^^ from memory with a stud conversion you dont have a problem unless there silly big (spacers)! I bought mine from ebay dave!

M

mini-valver

The spacers?? Cheap on the bay, had a look the other day!

What should I run short side? 15mm? Then measure the wheel depth + spacer size and 15mm, open ended nut. hat be ok??

M

mini-valver

Thats a point, when you tighten it in, is the blank slightly bigger than the thread as a stop?

M

mini-valver

Cheers Joe, I'll order 8 when I've measured my wheel and see what happens when I fit them, lol.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
No probs.

I'm after some myself. Just remember you need to have enough length to clear through the nut to be on the safe side.
Assemble the studs into the hub with loctite.

Go for longer than you 'think' you'll need as you can always trim to suit.

M

mini-valver

Yeah thats what I was going to do. Only thing that looks sketchy is the stud to hub looks like theres no stop, so you could keep going throught the hub. If that makes sense?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah thats what I was going to do. Only thing that looks sketchy is the stud to hub looks like theres no stop, so you could keep going throught the hub. If that makes sense?

If you look at the pic on rally design, theres a plain shank inbetween the bits of thread on the stud, so once this 'hits' the hub when it is screwed in it wont go any further.

Will be fine, I think they have 10/12mm of thread on the small side which goes into the hub, so wont hit anything behind either I don't think.

M

mini-valver

Thats what I was getting at, it's called a blank on there, if it's slightly bigger than the thread, mint. Will order some tommorrow when I know what spacer size I need. Cheers man!

M

mini-valver

Fitted them today with the 10mm spacers and longer bolts, used 4mm washers behind the caliper and it leaves it bang over the centre of the disc.

They fit but FCUK me its close, lol. Think I'm going to run with some 12mm's to give about 2 1/2mm clearnce from the wheel to caliper. Yes, the wheel needs a clean but TBH, thats way down on the list of things to do.

Photo0123.jpg

Photo0124.jpg

Photo0125.jpg

If I made some brackets to space them away form the hub 10mm and used a 300mm disc, I'd probably get away with using 7mm spacers but thats a) Too much hassle, b) More cost and c) Pretty pointless.

So, took it all back off (AGAIN) and gave them a soaking in E+M cleaner, then attacked them with a tooth brush and some 240 grit paper. Took the bleed nipples out and covered the holes with masking tape, covered the pistons and gave them a coat of hi build primer. Both in the shed now drying. I'll get some pics when they are done because they look dog s**t ATM ;)

106 GTi
For sure ;)

No probs bud - will let you know about those pads when the replacements have been chosen.

Uber close - eek.

Looking good, sugar.

I as going to say that Brembos should be red, but I actually like them black. Although your wheels are 10x cleaner than mine :eek: