ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

M

mini-valver

Free!!! I have loads!!!! I can post or pass them to the new lazy Kev (Steve) if so need be!!!! ;)

Post them if you can Kev? Cant laquer them until I get a sticker on em :eek:

I'm doing them yellow, you'll see why soon!

Dan, my wheels are buggered and the dirt hides the bits where I ran out of talent! :cool:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nay worries, addy?!

I'll even bang in a few spares lol (i ordered too many :eek:)

M

mini-valver

Today I was going to trial fit the CF door cards in the front and whack the windy windows in. So, took the door card off and started to strip the door loom, leaving only the central locking. ONce I'd started though, I couldnt stop and stripped both door looms, radio loom, speaker loom etc from the main car loom.

This was easy, just time consuming! ONly got a few pics as I was on a role and TBH, theres not much to see! Tommorrow I'll get the cards in so they'll be some progress worth looking at.

One caliper is finished too, so I'm going to fit my Brembo decals (Massive thanks to 197Gaz for these!) and get some shots of that. The other one has nearly been thrown through the window but its nearly done now, they need SO many coats its unreal.

Dash loom when I started....
DSCF1001.jpg

The ISO wiring which was being removed...
DSCF1002.jpg

Door loom wiring removed form the plug, the green and white wires are the central locking feeds.....
DSCF1003.jpg

Chopping stuff....
DSCF1005.jpg

DSCF1006.jpg

This is one half of the door loom wiring, I've filled a carrier bag nearly now but I'll weigh it all tommorrow when it's all comepletely out!
DSCF1004.jpg

Basically now the whole radio loom, steering wheel stalk, display wiring, window loom, mirror loom, airbag loom, and speaker/tweeter wiring is gone. The clock will still work though :eek:

White Sti Hatch
Man i couldent live with out music !!

I thought 3 Phase stuff was a mess of wires, f**k messing with a loom !!

M

mini-valver

I've probably saved a few kilo's overall with taken out so much loom, it looks neater and I have an iPod!

M

mini-valver

Yeah, it runs like a ho so I was rubbing it down, trying again etc. Then, just let it run and it drys mint, lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They came then?!

Knows on the Caliper, one of mine kept reacting, got there in the end!!! :( :(

M

mini-valver

Hammerite smooth (aerosol type), its super thin so you just have to give them dust coats. It runs so easy, just let it run and keep giving it coats and the runs dissapear. No idea why, I'm not arguing with science ;)

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Heat gun on drying paint isnt the wisest idea IMO. But at least it got there in the end :D

Hammerite is a b**ch too...takes like 3 days to technically fully dry apparently?

Once you're ECU's back you need to drive it to Repton and pimp that sunroof TBH.
(Way down on list....I know ;))

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Nice work Dave, fair play to you going for it with the loom + cold weather FTL fiddly work for cold fingers mate.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Can you do us a favour Dave, take apic of you speedo, i want to see how you've mounted it, see if i can fit a ph2 into my ph1.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Good work there dave!!! I had no problems at all with the paint? weird!!! And i cant paint for s**t!!!

Good work though, No radio?? FFS KEV!! Its going to get boring sat on your drive pretending your blatting around? As your ECU is coming back with my car!! :)

M

mini-valver

Can you do us a favour Dave, take apic of you speedo, i want to see how you've mounted it, see if i can fit a ph2 into my ph1.

How do you mean fella? My dash is going back in so its just cable tied to the dash support bar ATM!

Good work there dave!!! I had no problems at all with the paint? weird!!! And i cant paint for s**t!!!

Good work though, No radio?? FFS KEV!! Its going to get boring sat on your drive pretending your blatting around? As your ECU is coming back with my car!! :)

It's super cold, think thas why!

I'm not sure wether you're joking or thats actually happening, lol!
Uploading some more pictures now so I'll make a post on what I've done today....

M

mini-valver

How much has it cost to flock the whole of the dash Dave - Kev?

PM me if you wish?!?!

£70 for the dash top and because I moaned about how long it took, bottom half is FRREEEE!

We getting to see these Brembos yet ?

Patience, PB is a *****, lol. They're not on yet, still have to give them another few coats!

BMW M5 & E36
Add me to the flocking list please, would have the valver top done!

And you've got some wiring to catch up on tbh!

th_DSCN3775.jpg

th_DSCN3782.jpg

th_DSCN3783.jpg

M

mini-valver

So, started the day by finishing removing the other side door loom form the main car loom. Got all this out and cleaned the door skin up so I could start removing the electris window mechanisms.
DSCF1004-1.jpg

DSCF1002-1.jpg

This is how much I've removed, just from the doors and stereo looms!
DSCF1010.jpg

The weight of it...
DSCF1023.jpg

Not bad really, combine this with the weight saved on doorcards and electric windows too, should be a decent difference.

Tooke the motors out and got my manual set-up out. Just to note, if anyone else does this, the mechanisms aren't universal, left hand side only fits left and right only fits right. I found this out after I'd pissed around with the window runner and the fiddly little clip. The end with the prong on goes towards the top of the door....

DSCF1018.jpg

The weight of one manual window mech....
DSCF1009.jpg

And an electric one...
DSCF1008.jpg

So a Kg saved by swapping the mechanisms alone!
Anyway, put the manual ones in and after snapping 2 of the clips, got the nack of it :eek:

DSCF1012.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

Boths sides in...
DSCF1013.jpg

Went and got a door card and offered it up, just because Im a style *****, lol. I'm not fitting them until the inside is painted for obvious reasons!
DSCF1015.jpg

DSCF1016.jpg

DSCF1017.jpg

Then got back on to tidying the mess I'd made of the loom! Used some 32mm Kopex and black tape on the bits that would fit behind it, the smaller bits I'm waiting for some 10mm stuff to use. Anything bigger I've taped because its a b*****d trying to slice and spread Kopex, let alone the 50mm diameter stuff.
Cut some bracing out that isn't needed too, lol :eek:
From-
DSCF1003-1.jpg

To-
DSCF1020.jpg

DSCF1021.jpg

DSCF1019.jpg

A few pics of the unfinished calipers too, now they've had plenty of coats, I'm going to let them dry over the next few days, the flat them back, stick the decals on and laqcuer them!
DSCF1025.jpg

DSCF1024.jpg

Next weekend will be the next chance I get to work on it but my spacers and pads will be here by then so hopefully get the brakes on.
Cheers for looking.

White Sti Hatch
Lookin good mate, youve got to much free time though i have to say !!!

Up for giving me a ride at FCS :rasp: :approve:

340i
Good progress Dave!

I am taking a trip down to the scrap yard soon for manual window mech's and a few other lower spec items :D

It makes you wonder sometimes if it would of been easier for us to buy a 1.2 shell and install our parts into that haha....

M

mini-valver

Jord, I bought these from FMP. He had them made by a guy he knows so they are lighter and better fitting than the performance trim ones he initially bought. try performance trim but dunno what the fits like!

PMSL, too true Gray. Resale value-£2. Mint!