ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

340i
As Baggers said...

It will be something stupidly simple like a wire chaffed wire, blown fuse, relay?!?!

You have chopped alot of your loom out recently, not cut anything you "shouldn't" of?

M

mini-valver

As Baggers said...

It will be something stupidly simple like a wire chaffed wire, blown fuse, relay?!?!

You have chopped alot of your loom out recently, not cut anything you "shouldn't" of?

It broke before I'd even cut any loom fella. Sent it off, cut some circuits out and now it's back (been tested to find nothing wrong) it's back inthe same position, just cranks over.

Cheers for all the comments. hutchie, thats pretty nice to hear TBH!

Dibs on the bonnet...

But seriously lad, Its not like you to give in! The whole reason you didn't just mod a 172/182 was because you wanted a challenge right? Put on some more jumpers, grab a spanner and get the f**k outside!

<3

bonnet...

M

mini-valver

Gray, multi-metered what I can and everything seems right, no idea!

Big Oor, I can use spanners, ECU's not so much :(

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Don't bloody give up on this car yet Hudson.

There'll be about 10 people milling about on your drive next weekend helping you get it sorted at this rate. Just leave it alone, forget about it, come back to it next weekend. Will seem better.

Useless advice I know, but then I am female :eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
VTS ftw!!! This is why i never bother modding majorly tbh. Turn key motoring is what its all about imo. Kevs GTI is mint ;)

Exotica/MK1 Astra
Hudson you raging great tart! It'll be something easy, have you checked you've actually got fuel and a spark? you must be missing 1 of em.
Fuel pump running ok?
Power to the Coil?
Have you tried the GMH solution? I've not known something come out not running yet. I'm off all next week if you want me to have a look, but if i find a simple wire or somethng be prepared for abuse!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If you have no feed to the coil etc, throw a temp feed to it ;)

Come on, your a spark aint ya?!!!

M

mini-valver

Hudson you raging great tart! It'll be something easy, have you checked you've actually got fuel and a spark? you must be missing 1 of em.
Fuel pump running ok?
Power to the Coil?
Have you tried the GMH solution? I've not known something come out not running yet. I'm off all next week if you want me to have a look, but if i find a simple wire or somethng be prepared for abuse!

If you have no feed to the coil etc, throw a temp feed to it ;)

Come on, your a spark aint ya?!!!

Fuel pump only runs if I remove the relay and bridge the connection permanantly, coil has a permanant feed but no spark. f**k knows, lol.

Oh FFS - Where are you based?

I'll come and have a look to shut you up - my day rate is £495 but I'll do this one for the peace and quite!

The ECU is good, it was bench tested and passed no probs, the sensor pack and fuel/spark is good as far as we know which only really leaves a wiring problem.

I'll bring scope, meter and laptop - busy this weekend but can fit you in next. PM me.

Cheers
M

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
So, for the fuel pump, the switch live to the relay could have gone down, could either be the switch op off the ecu, or cable fault, lost earth etc?

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172

I'll come and have a look to shut you up - my day rate is £495 but I'll do this one for the peace and quite!

The ECU is good, it was bench tested and passed no probs, the sensor pack and fuel/spark is good as far as we know which only really leaves a wiring problem.

I'll bring scope, meter and laptop - busy this weekend but can fit you in next. PM me.

Cheers
M

PMSL. Mint! :D

Cheers
M

I need to moan more after not being able to fit my coilovers and and strip my car... ;)

I'm betting a short/break in a 12V or 5V line TBH.

Oi Misery Valver - have you scoped the crank sensor signal and is it measuring a full 720 degree cycle with a cam reference/cam sensor or running semi sequential with a 360 reference only.

Kids these days, no stamina (says the well under 30 y/o)

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

I'm betting a short/break in a 12V or 5V line TBH.

Oi Misery Valver - have you scoped the crank sensor signal and is it measuring a full 720 degree cycle with a cam reference/cam sensor or running semi sequential with a 360 reference only.

Kids these days, no stamina (says the well under 30 y/o)

Cheers
M

PM'd my love :eek:

Mondeo TDCI 130

Cheers
M

I i pay you £495? will you constantly whip ben until he finishes my car?!?!:eek:

ROFL Copter cleared for take off and standing by.

I know why Misery-Valver can't talk to his ECU.............. you'll love this.......... but I'm not that cruel so I'll leave it to him to come clean!

Cheers
M

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
ROFL Copter cleared for take off and standing by.

I know why Misery-Valver can't talk to his ECU.............. you'll love this.......... but I'm not that cruel so I'll leave it to him to come clean!

Cheers
M

Tell us!! :D