ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2ph1 K4M
Hello everyone, new guy in the forum and to the clio scene coming from croatia. I own a ph1 clio k4m 1.6 16v dynamic, completley stock except oz superturismo 16" wheels that i got with the car when i bought it. The car looks stupid with stock suspension and those rims and also it is very soft and rolls a lot in the corners so im planing on making it stiffer and lower. I would like to use 172/182 parts or other oem renault parts as much as posible but i dont know what will fit so im wondering if you guys could give me some advices on what to do with my car to make it handle a s**t tone better than now. In advance thanks to everyone for suggestions. Peace

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
To wide track the front end you will need 172/182:
  • Shocks & Springs
  • front hubs to match the shocks (ie. if you use 182 cup shocks, use 182 cup hubs)
  • front Anti roll Bar
  • Front lower arms
  • track rods/ends
  • brakes
  • Driveshafts
You will need to research what you do with the ABS, I'm not sure if the 172/182 uses the same ABS rings or if you will need to use a non RS ABS ring.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I fitted lowering springs to my 1.2 clio of the same era as yours and with the 172 alloys on handled really well. I would imagine you ‘could’ fit 172 shocks and springs without doing the whole widetrack fitment which might give the ride and height of a 172.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
As mentioned above, you have to switch it all in one go. You can’t fit some without others

Clio 2ph1 K4M
To wide track the front end you will need 172/182:
  • Shocks & Springs
  • front hubs to match the shocks (ie. if you use 182 cup shocks, use 182 cup hubs)
  • front Anti roll Bar
  • Front lower arms
  • track rods/ends
  • brakes
  • Driveshafts
You will need to research what you do with the ABS, I'm not sure if the 172/182 uses the same ABS rings or if you will need to use a non RS ABS ring.
What about the rear end? You know something about that?
As mentioned above, you have to switch it all in one go. You can’t fit some without others
That is not a problem just want to know what will fit a what wont so i can start finding the parts i need

Clio 2ph1 K4M
I fitted lowering springs to my 1.2 clio of the same era as yours and with the 172 alloys on handled really well. I would imagine you ‘could’ fit 172 shocks and springs without doing the whole widetrack fitment which might give the ride and height of a 172.
Tought to do the same but i wish to make it a bit more extravagant to complicate my life even more hahaha

Clio 2ph1 K4M
Few days ago i saw that one guy from the forum had a file for a flange to make 172 exhaust manifold fit onto k4m, im wonderim does anyone else have it becouse he is not responding to my msg? I would make that flange on my cnc mill

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
What about the rear end? You know something about that?
I just swapped the entire rear beam onto mine, the track didnt look massively wider though. Because i swapped the ABS pump (i was doing a full 2.0 conversion) then ABS wasnt an issue but im not sure on the solution if your retaining the K4M ABS, possibly a later 2004> 1.6 rear beam which came with discs from factory?

Clio 2ph1 K4M
I just swapped the entire rear beam onto mine, the track didnt look massively wider though. Because i swapped the ABS pump (i was doing a full 2.0 conversion) then ABS wasnt an issue but im not sure on the solution if your retaining the K4M ABS, possibly a later 2004> 1.6 rear beam which came with discs from factory?
Would it be difficult to swap the abs from 2.0 onto my k4m? Yesterday i found front and rear dics hubs and calipers from 172 for a fair price

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Would it be difficult to swap the abs from 2.0 onto my k4m? Yesterday i found front and rear dics hubs and calipers from 172 for a fair price
I didn't have any issues as I was swapping everything and doing a 2.0 conversion. The loom connector on my DCI and 182 abs pumps were different but my DCI was an early 2001 so not sure if later ones are different. Not sure about swapping the rs abs on to a non rs car that is still running non rs engine/ECU etc

Clio 2ph1 K4M
Hello everyone, need some help from you
Few days ago my clio had some water issues and it blew my head gasket.. head is curently in the shop beeing machined and ported. The help i need from you is can i fit the intake manifold from twingo rs 133 onto my k4m? I know they are the same engine but dont know if its a straight bolt on or does it need some modifications since the TB from rs 133 is on the right side and on the clio its in the back?