ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ka Cosworth

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
this cossie one is ridiculous mind, would love a go.

Not sure he'd actually let you drive if it he doesnt know you but richie is mega easy going im sure he'd take you out in it if you asked nicely.

He likes showing stuff off anyway.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
FLOL

Only you could give a monkeys about the exterior on a car that is that sexy underneath.

Its more or less WRC spec rear suspension.

I just thought the subtlety was nice for a change. Partial sleeper.

Really like it. And guess what? No shitty stickers!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I just thought the subtlety was nice for a change. Partial sleeper.

Really like it. And guess what? No s**tty stickers!

Lol, you should have seen his tiger striped saph if you want stickers, oh how we used to love ripping him for that, not that he cared, richie is cool and builds his cars for him and cares not a lot what others think TBH!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Anyone know what that setup of suspension is called?

Yes, assuming you mean the rear its still just called "mcpherson strut", but it has a two piece trailing arm made from two rose jointed arms and also has a track control arm setup to give better control.

Front is just bog standard mac strut.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
So pretty standard setup then?

Is it just a matter of having 2 rods instead of an arm - reducing unsprung weight? Why would that give better control.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
My connect van I build.

11233_310439245598_613730598_978642.jpg

11233_310439225598_613730598_978641.jpg

11233_310439235598_613730598_978641.jpg

300bhp. Quafie diff. Omex engine management. I loved that thing.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So pretty standard setup then?

Is it just a matter of having 2 rods instead of an arm - reducing unsprung weight? Why would that give better control.

No its not a pretty standard setup TBH mate.

Its got 3 arms in total not two.

Two rosejointed arms in place of one TCA mean that he can adjust rear toe and they are very light, and then the trailing arm that is connected as well takes the loads forwards and back to allow the trailing arm not to have to control all that force, which again helps them get away with being light.
And because he is doing toe control on the two piece TCA, it means he doesnt have to run a seperate arm for that as well like I have on my mid engied RWD nova for example which still runs a conventional single arm with balljoint rather than the twin rose jointed arm:

DSC_1807.jpg

PB Clio 172
I just wish I could of seen it. The best sleeper I have seen in years this !

yeah right I bet it was, good times ! Wow and cheap to run. Brilliant ! Hats off to him ! :approve:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I just wish I could of seen it. The best sleeper I have seen in years this !

yeah right I bet it was, good times ! Wow and cheap to run. Brilliant ! Hats off to him ! :approve:

Yeah it was an epic sleeper, in fact I wrote a feature on it which was in Fast Ford magazine when they did a sleepers special.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Saw that Ka being trailered northbound on the m5 last weekend. Grabbed my attention due to the wheels but didn't expect that to be liking underneath! :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He's just booked this onto the Bedford trackday we've organised that loads of people on here are going to in feb :)
so lots of you should get to see it in the metal.