ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangoo Compact (aka Racevan3)

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Brigsy I'm so glad you have done that with the seats. Could I possibly slide into you DM's as was going to go down the stocks 197 seats to replace mine in my Roo but after seeing the recaros fitted they look amazing. I was going to make some lower shims as the seat is fine but a little high in stock form but it looks like you've nailed the position there in the pictures! My worry is I have the bulkhead in and prefer that over the hoop bar so I hope that my seating position doesn't mean the seat is rubbing against the bulkhead but I can cross that bridge when I get to it.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
@VenomUK dead easy to fit fire me a pm if you want any advice. Bulkhead does limit leg room up front, my old 68reg one had it and struggled to get position right with stock seats.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@VenomUK dead easy to fit fire me a pm if you want any advice. Bulkhead does limit leg room up front, my old 68reg one had it and struggled to get position right with stock seats.
Just on the hunt for some seats now, what sort of price did you pay? Agree, I have it in a nice position at the moment but it is right up against the bulkhead. I will follow you guide on here and if I get stuck I'll come a-calling

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Just on the hunt for some seats now, what sort of price did you pay? Agree, I have it in a nice position at the moment but it is right up against the bulkhead. I will follow you guide on here and if I get stuck I'll come a-calling
I got my seats for a bargain £400, a good pair seem to be anywhere between £600-800 if you want a mint set. This set needed a clean with a wet vac and had to paint the inserts up. Dead easy to fit though, pm me if you need any advice (y)

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I got my seats for a bargain £400, a good pair seem to be anywhere between £600-800 if you want a mint set. This set needed a clean with a wet vac and had to paint the inserts up. Dead easy to fit though, pm me if you need any advice (y)
Bloody hell, to think I almost pulled the trigger on a pair for £600 the other day with worn bolsters, your set look mint mind!! I need to shop about :ROFLMAO: Thank you, I appreciate that. (y)

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Picked up a new set of wheels last weekend. Ive been sniffing around for a while for nice wheels and anything nice in 5x108 is like rocking horse poo to find.

Story goes like this. Back in the day around 5 years ago i went to a TurboRenault rolling road day at RsTuning in Leeds and seen a nice ultra blue r26 with a set of white compomotive mo6 on. Thought it looked pretty epic and took a pic and that was the last i seen of it.
20150228_111059.jpg

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago - im browsing facebook and i see the same r26 again on the meganesport facebook page so i fire the current owner a cheeky pm asking if he wants to sell the wheels. Reply was not currently selling but will let me know if he ever decides to sell as they are road/wet track wheels.

A week or so later i get a pm asking if i want to buy them as the gearbox has blown up and hes breaking the car! Was tempted to buy the full car but we already have the ph1 225 sat there in the garage.

Got a few pics through via pm, set of 6 wheels, 4 have new goodyears on. Bit of heritage with the wheels, apparantly custom made years ago in r26r offset with correct hub centre bore and possibly used when testing the r26r around the Nurburgring? One wheel has 2x valves in for mega accurate tyre pressure checking.

Agreed a price and the deal was done. As per usual miles away from me and i dont have a vehicle large enough to pick 6x 18” wheels and tyres, so borrow my neighbours Combo van thats not been furthur than the local builders merchant for years / never been serviced to pick them up in, what could possibly go wrong? :LOL: Luckily nothing and it done the 600 mile round trip without any dramas at all and even got a shoutout off MistaJam on capital on the evening.

Give them a clean up, in pretty good nick considering been used for track. 4x matching rims et66 and 2x slightly different offset et54. Wheel with 2x valves 2nd from left.
20201011_165201.jpg

Test fitted. Needs a major altitude adjustment (looks like a fecking micro machine at the moment :LOL: ) still no engine or box in so will see how it settles. If it needs more lowering ill buy a pair of meg coilovers for the front and sort the back with a custom setup if needs be.
20201011_150848.jpg

Pretty happy though as heading in the right direction.

Tried them on the mrs 225 and they look epic.
20201011_170749.jpg

So 3x sets of good wheels in 5x108 to share between the pair.

Engine in soon fingers crossed! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
  Hyundai Santa Fe
The van doesn't look as small on that picture, looks like when you take a wierd wide angle shot and it distorts.

Strange that the two valves aren't opposite each other, must be some method behind the madness

They do look good on the van though.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
The two valves are mad, i thought it had been a f**k up when making the wheels initially, googled it to check it out and seems to be a rally thing.

Another pic from the side Ive come to the conclusion with a good bit of power itll be for go and not for show :LOL:
20201011_150827.jpg

Seen quite a few modded Kangoo2 on instagram when having a sniff round. Most are stanced shite and on air or ridiculously static low.

Seen this though and looks great, i dont think i want to go as low purely for handling purposes, but will see. Facelift looks good too:unsure:
Screenshot_20201011-214000_Instagram.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Small job done tonight after gym. The meg 250 inlet has a breather solenoid fitted which i dont have and is about a ton new. I wont be needing it as basically emissions crap as far as i can tell and i will be running a catch tank setup from the breather plate.
20201015_202833.jpg

Anyway tried sniffing out a 2nd hand valve to blank the hole but no joy, was considering sending it to the local fabricators to get it gone permanently but have not had time to drop it off.

Browsing ebay and seen some bmw swirl flap alloy bungs with o ring, same diameter as the hole. Bought one for pennies and it fitted the hole but was a tiny bit slack, so fitted a small o ring under the original to nip it up, which has made it a really tight fit. Had to chop it about a little to get it on but looks alright.
20201015_203643.jpg

Tempted to send it, what does everybody reckon?

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
Small job done tonight after gym. The meg 250 inlet has a breather solenoid fitted which i dont have and is about a ton new. I wont be needing it as basically emissions crap as far as i can tell and i will be running a catch tank setup from the breather plate.View attachment 1501480

Anyway tried sniffing out a 2nd hand valve to blank the hole but no joy, was considering sending it to the local fabricators to get it gone permanently but have not had time to drop it off.

Browsing ebay and seen some bmw swirl flap alloy bungs with o ring, same diameter as the hole. Bought one for pennies and it fitted the hole but was a tiny bit slack, so fitted a small o ring under the original to nip it up, which has made it a really tight fit. Had to chop it about a little to get it on but looks alright.View attachment 1501481
Tempted to send it, what does everybody reckon?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Done a few more bits to the engine yesterday.

Started off with setting cam timing and torquing the pulleys/tensioners up. Tippex method ;) :LOL:

20201017_151045.jpg

Cambelt cover on, aux pulley torqued, top cover mocked up as still need the spacers for the studs. Inlet mocked up, need to drill and tap the end for the extra bolt.
20201017_155956.jpg
20201017_160017.jpg

Fitted 250 dmf and clutch and rebuilt pk cup gearbox with lsd
20201017_182236.jpg

Starter motor and 19t dropped in place. Turbo needs a rebuild, have made enquiries about that so that's away this week hopefully.

20201017_182246.jpg

Megane engine mount should go straight in, same on gearbox side.
20201017_191424.jpg

Getting closer to dropping it in the engine bay to see whats what, i reckon it should be in very soon:whistle: