ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Exhaust Woes

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Ktec fitted mine and it sits fine but a new rear mount did fail after 6 months. Will be checking the centre section this weekend to see how its sitting though.

clio sport 182
Does the 182 suffer from this hanging issue as well because I was thinking of getting the k-tek stealth maybe this month??

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I found that my mild steel Ktec stealth cat back fitted fine?!

I fitted it on my own, on my drive way with no real issues at all - here's some pics of how mine sits,

P1047_17-02-10.jpg

P104601_17-02-10.jpg

Join at cat,
P1046_17-02-10.jpg

I seem to have lost the pic of the back box but you can just see the tip of the tail pipe below the bumper, so alls good!

However, after a week of use the exhuast seemed to drop and start hitting the rear beam but as suspected the rear mount had given up under the strain/weight of the new system so today i did this,

P104501_17-02-10.jpg

Love the sounds and was a pleasure to fit - loads of adjustment on the exhaust mounts and system as a whole.

Sorry to bump an old thread but what do people find the best thing to use to pack the rear mount? When I had my K-Tec Recessed system fitted mine had 2 cylinders of metal in it (fitted by Birchdown 2 years ago, they did me well!) but they seem to have somehow dropped off over the past few days. Now my exhaust is hanging low and I am worried that it will just fall off :(