ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec stealth and rear exhaust mount..

Hi

was just wondering if anyone has same problems as me and what theyve done to fix it...

ive had a ktec stealth on for a while.. and because its heavier.. the rubber on the exhaust clamp at the back has gone weaker.. but the mount has been on since summer.. so is in decent condition.. anyway its hanging a lil lower.. that can be fixed by a new mount..

but where the exhaust goes through the rubber hole.. mines ina lil too far so wen cars cold it makes a nasty sound.. coz the metal from exhaust is touching the metal exhaust mount .. this sound goes away after exhaust heats up..

but wen i clamp the exhaust further back and put it thru hole and it doesnt touch... after a while.. 3 or 4 weeeks,... the dam exhaust comes out of the rubber and is just sitting on the metal mount itself lol..

i cant win with the dam thing.. anyone done any mods to these clamps to get them to stay in one place? or know of a better clamp?

cheers

Lionel Richie
easy to fix, and you're right their stealth exhaust is HEAVY

IIRC it has a strap clamp around the backbox

whack some pics up and i'll explain

Mondeo TDCI 130
01092007209.jpg

I made this up for my prospeed, new non genuine mount, about £12, little bit of 1/2" copper pipe cut into 3 little bits, and some ruber hose i bought from the local motor factors, much better!

LY 182
that aluminium mount housing thing that bolts up under the car, do you mean that part is actually hitting the exhaust bracket?
if so look at that aluminium housing where it bolts up, the holes are slotted so you can move it away.
christ that thing must me heavy to need the mount bodged up like that, ive got a massive magnex off a fiesta rs turbo on mine and it sits fine on the standard mount!

LY 182
oh sorry ive just sussed what you mean, the actual part that goes through the rubber bush pulls out and allows the exhaust to drop, yep mine did that i'll show you how i sorted it..
Image000-1.jpg

Last edited: