ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kyles Clio 172 Cup Project

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Hardly air bag issues mate just a light on the dash . Which can be turned off for pennies . Fitting a smaller wheel was the best mod ive ever done you get a much better feel with the steering it honestly does dude

Im defo tempted by the Sabelt dan

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Kyle, ive just bought an odb2 reader so i can always bring it to the next meet and wipe the light off for ya ;) lol

Oh have ya mark gd stuff mate gd bit of kit aint they yeah that would be brill man and i forgot to ask ya how much does matey charge for the steering wheel refirb?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
He charged me £160 inc p+p. I put the order in (colour stitching and red center band) and he got to work. Once done he sent me an pm showing pics and and payment details to which i paid via paypal. Once he received the money he then sent out the old wheel so i was not car-less/wheel-less. When i received it i swapped them over and sent the old one back to him for him to refurb for the next person.

Im not sure if he's charging more or less but that was the way i did it 18 months ago :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Aw sweet mate his work is top notch im gonna go for blue stitching and centre band...Do u get the carbon insert aswell

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Loving the recessed look , very nice.
In the early part of the new year I'll be fitting my 438's and heading on down to K-tec.

Thankyou :) yeah the recessed is the best i feel the stealth just dont do it for me especially where u cant see the pipe but u hear the noise lol......Yeah go for it mate its better in the mid range :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Shes now away for the winter away from the salt and gritters :-(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355153485.714355.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Hopefully ull be fine man just drive safe...Ill run mine and mine and the mrs piece of s**t into the ground lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Some good bits you got for this Kyle, when's it going back on the road?

Cheers bobby :) wheels are also in for refirb and spray as well atm...Hopefully end of april bud, its killing me seeing it sitting there lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Got my wheels back after refirb & Spray.... and LY centre diamonds done by simon @ SS

Im well pleased with them :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362573043.452040.jpg

Cheers billy :) its gonna look so fooking sweet in the summer :) hows yours coming along

Look forward to the summer meets!

Yeah not too bad, leather interior is so comfy!

Full colour code is now in action! Been badgering Simon at SS loads! Got my spray gun and compressor so the small side strips & bullets, handle covers and wing mirror caps ill doing myself as I'm fairly handy at small bits. But the rear and front inserts are going to him. He's done my spoiler and wiper blank.

Remove tints and then she will be one beautiful OEM+ style car :) pretty excited about my new plans!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Look forward to the summer meets!

Yeah not too bad, leather interior is so comfy!

Full colour code is now in action! Been badgering Simon at SS loads! Got my spray gun and compressor so the small side strips & bullets, handle covers and wing mirror caps ill doing myself as I'm fairly handy at small bits. But the rear and front inserts are going to him. He's done my spoiler and wiper blank.

Remove tints and then she will be one beautiful OEM+ style car :) pretty excited about my new plans!

Sounds really good bill, mate i canot bloody wait for the summer lol :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Im just in the middle of putting a brighter yellow on the calipers now, i wernt happy with the foliatec stuff so ive gone for good old hammerite

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Duuuuuude Noooooooo are you crazy, you know the unwritten rules of car modifications lol

Cars looking nice fella.

Haha i no dude, i dont no when to stop lol, thank you bud, its nearly done now. Just a couple of tweeks left to do :)

Hows your cup

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
You off to get your K-tec map checked out somewhere decent Kyle? Hopefully it isn't bad news...

What do you reckon you'll see on independent rollers, similar results?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
You off to get your K-tec map checked out somewhere decent Kyle? Hopefully it isn't bad news...

What do you reckon you'll see on independent rollers, similar results?

Yeah ive seen all the threads tim :-( im gonna take it to MWM once shes back on the road bud

I reckon shes hovering around the 190 mark for sure, ill soon find out lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Hopefully cooksports will be getting fitted along with the newly refirbed wheels going on

Ill post pics up as soon as its done :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
New update on the project, cooksport springs are now fitted along with newly refirbed & sprayed wheels along with a mazda 3 MPS aerial

Heres some of the latest pictures
Underneath

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
ery4emes.jpg

my9e3epu.jpg

ju6aqa8y.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363433670.122632.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363433670.122632.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 76
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363433738.717805.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363433738.717805.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know what you think of the cooksport springs Kyle. Contemplating getting rid of my vmaxx and getting standard shocks all round and these springs. Don't wa t it looking pony though due to being on 15s.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Let me know what you think of the cooksport springs Kyle. Contemplating getting rid of my vmaxx and getting standard shocks all round and these springs. Don't wa t it looking pony though due to being on 15s.

Will do mark :) how is the beautiful 182 doing, any joy on work yet matey

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate :) Well my redundancy date is aug as we're going through a 90 consultation atm. Ian's Suzanne has done my cv and has sent some off to some places. She may have one lined up so fingers crossed.

The BG is doing ok. Had a worried moment last week as i though my PAS was on the way out but luckily enough it was just low on fluid :eek:

Yours needs one of those SE CS stickers ;)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Cheers mate :) Well my redundancy date is aug as we're going through a 90 consultation atm. Ian's Suzanne has done my cv and has sent some off to some places. She may have one lined up so fingers crossed.

The BG is doing ok. Had a worried moment last week as i though my PAS was on the way out but luckily enough it was just low on fluid :eek:

Yours needs one of those SE CS stickers ;)

I hope ull get something soon mark, yeah hopefully suzanne will sort u out, her and ian are brilliant. Haha yeah i need one of those stickers the CS shop will be selling them soon, i cant wait till the summer and we get the meets going again :)