ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Latest news on the turbo 16v

BMW 320d Sport

Well it looks like it might be ready for next weekend, my valvers up on the lifters at BB with the engine bay empty, the oil cooler and chargecooler rad you can see at the front:

http://www.nickread.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/forumhost/turbo/coolers.jpg

...and heres my F7P lump with chromed cam cover and polished inlet manifold; the second picture is the exhaust manifold showing where the T28/T3 turbo is going to bolt on.

http://www.nickread.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/forumhost/turbo/inletmanifold.jpg

http://www.nickread.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/forumhost/turbo/exhaustmanifold.jpg

And finally just for good measure, the bonnet vent that I just chromed as well. I chromed the strut brace but havent got a picture!

http://www.nickread.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/forumhost/turbo/chromevent.jpg

BMW 320d Sport

BTW you can also see in the 2nd picture (of the inlet side) that the injectors are pale-green coloured and not the usual orange-topped ones. The black bottom end of the lump has had the brand new low comp pistons in.

nice. Hopefully the next picture will be with it in your bay all polumbed and wired in.

How much has the cost, if you dont mind me askin?

FRST and 106 GTi

WTF? A POSTER OF A NAKED LADY? Shagadelic!

its going to be a monster nick!!! take good care of it because its going to be a custom classic!

niceeeee! can;t wait to see results

btw. How did You got Your rocker cover chromed, and manifold polished? It looks soooo great. I want to do the same to mine.

to polish the cover is already a hassle, but the manifold... Its just tragedy.

BMW 320d Sport

PaulRobo - a lot of £££, dont really want to talk big numbers on here though, but suffice to say its the going rate for the full house high-boost version with everything polished and everything uprated.

Adams16v - Camera phone so nothing I can do about it!

Maciek - I chromed the rocker cover by taking it to a local chroming factory near me and asking them to do it for me. The cover and my strut brace cost me £50 altogether, including stripping the old paint off and polishing the flat surfaces. The vents were £20 each. Manifold was polished by the place next door to BB. I did some of it myself but in the end it was a job best left to the experts!

I bet you cant wait to put the pedal to the Wilton and give it the Full George! Watch out supercars!

Wowowowoooaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh***ttssssshhh***Wowowowoooaaaaaarrrrrgghhh:cool:

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

LOOKING GOOD MATE !!

Mmmmmmmmmm cant wait to have a ride in your wee little beastie !!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Nick - Give the lense a good clean with a soft cloth, I tried it on mine and it sharpened the picture quite a bit. Think it was covered in finger prints.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Jammy git! I bet u look like this::D

You could have bought a 1.1 Saxo for that sort of money! HA!

Im suffering from painfull envy. :mad:

BIG TIME post when its done!

CTR EK9 turbo

When i see or read posts about your turbo conversion nick i start to salivate heavily! I can only imagine how fast that beast is going to be. Anyone can go and buy a scoob or something like that "ready-built power" if thats the right way to put it, but when someone does something as drastic and amazing as this then it earns much respect - especially mine!

Would BB tuning perform this operation on any car, or do they only specialize on clio 16vs?

I cant wait to hear about your slays and roadwars. What kind of LSD does it use?

thanks, (envious) Si

Willy2

Nick

Finally, some news, lloking at the pics the car is gonna be mega impressive. What are you gonna do to the interior? I saw the seats at the RR day, but what else? Willy carpet? the rear clusters we discussed? are you putting on the Gaz coilovers? Mega install? even extra NOS?

Raj

Grey 16v ph1

BMW 320d Sport

Cheers for the comments lads, even Im starting to get jealous of myself now.:D Simon172 you hit the nail on the head, a lot of people dont understand why I would want to spend that much money on my old valver rather than just buying a faster car in the first place. But thats not the point - anyone can go to the showroom and buy whatever they want if theyve got the money...BB are going to be doing 172s later on this year apparently but I know they are snowed under with 16vs at the moment so it could be even next year. Ive got a feeling a few of those 16vs are people with other cars who just bought a valver cheap with a high mileage engine then are going to just leave it with BB to sort out, spending altogether around 9 grand (incl the car) on a very fast Clio that drives like new.

Raj - the only interior will be the blue carpet, seats, harnesses and door cards that Ive got in already, then when it arrives, a roll cage. Thats about it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its very impressive

what do they do to the gearbox-is it uprated?

i cant find anything about the transmission on this conversion

I would have it standard looking if I did this conversion, but Nick has big brakes, so has to use bigger wheels.

NEWSFLASH!

Just picked up my 16v from Renatec in Bristol and there was a BB Turbo 16v there!! Early Phase1, in flat red. Wow!

The boss of the place said it was a really tidy piece of work.

it would.. but then, they wouldnt.. lots of people want it.. so they are making money! Which is what its all about.

Daz.

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 17 March 2003

NEWSFLASH!

Just picked up my 16v from Renatec in Bristol and there was a BB Turbo 16v there!! Early Phase1, in flat red. Wow!

The boss of the place said it was a really tidy piece of work.
Ben, where is this Renatec?

What do they do?

General servicing?

Man, you need to show me some decet rds, they SUCK around here....

GSXR 600

nick,

have you got any contact details for the place that did the chroming? Would like to get mine done.

Thanks Tony.

that looks exsactly like mine! without the turbo tho,

how is the rocker cover chromed when its made out of aliminum?is it just polished? like mine!! and ive only had it done last friday!

(i pissed off cos u got your pics up first!!!)

oh well ill only have to take a pic of it in the engine bay now then??

but ive still got a suprise that all you F7P and F7R engine owners will want i will get some pics up when its finish and if i get enough repose i might start making them and sellin them too ! but youl have to wait and see!!!

cheers alex

BMW 320d Sport

Tony, its a place in Southend called Hockley, havent got the number cos its the sort of place where you turn up at the warehouse door, they appear, take the stuff, then when you collect it you pay cash. Round the back of Sutton Road retail park bit.

A lot of places cant chrome aluminium but this place can do it, its a pretty major operation they got going on. They polish all the flat surfaces first, then electroplate over that. I wanna see this thing youve got in the works anyway.

BMW 320d Sport

LOL no spare vent unfortunately Ben! Ones mine and ones Johns (night.icon). He finds em, I chrome em! Maybe we should get a little production line going?

BMW 320d Sport

Worth a try mate. Actually I need your advice, maybe its your thing...I was wondering about side-skirts...What is the actual aerodynamic purpose of skirts on a race car? I cant believe its just to stop rogue gusts of wind getting under the car and lifting it? Is there some kind of swirl that will get underneath the sides of a forward moving car, a bit like the wing-tip vortices you see on a concorde? And if so how can skirts actually work unless they are completely enclosing the sides and skimming the ground by a few mm?