ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Latest RR graphs (172 turbo content)

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've just got my car back after leaving it with K-Tec for a couple of weeks.

Basically, I wanted my DBW throttle back because I was getting a little fed up of the throttle cable sticking, as well as the other little quirks you get with a Ph1 TB (sticking, funny idle, etc). I also had an electrical gremlin somewhere, and I got the engine mounts replaced at the same time because they were all clapped out.
Anyway, I no longer have the Omex ECU and loom. Instead, I've got the standard loom and a Gen90 ECU. Obviously the different ECU meant it had to be mapped again and the boost controller needed setting up as well, so here's the RR graphs (iPhone stylee)

First one is just running actuator pressure alone (0.7 bar):

imagejze.jpg

Next one is with the boost controller doing its stuff ( :D BTW )

imagerc.jpg

Another one showing boost and AFR.

imagekbj.jpg

And finally, one showing pretty much the same as above but on actuator pressure only. The figure in blue is the wheel horsepower and the pink is the flywheel horsepower (kind of irrelevant in this graph really)

imageje.jpg

It's INSANELY quick!

Big thanks to the crew at K-Tec, especially Andy since he did all the work himself!
Next steps will be a better clutch, 680cc injectors and a bigger turbo, which should see it up to 350+ easily. However, new brakes and fresh rubber are first on the agenda.

That is all.

DMS

A thirsty 172
It's f**king ludicrous!
Can't wait to get a spare set of wheels and tyres so I can take it out on track. Should be epic fun.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Harpham... you live in Eastwood don't you? I'm actually just about to nip round to a mate's in Eastwood so feel free to come take a look.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Still on standard suspension and brakes?

Sat on Sportline springs ATM. I'm on the lookout for a set of KW V2's though.
I'm using standard disks, PF97 pads and some crazy blue brake fluid (forgot which sort). 4 pots are next on the shopping list however. The brakes still work very well in all honesty. You've got to bear in mind that 95% of the time I'll just be pootling along at or around the speed limit, and the rest of the time I won't floor it unless it's clear to do so.

Harpham... you live in Eastwood don't you? I'm actually just about to nip round to a mate's in Eastwood so feel free to come take a look.
Im with the missus ATM, but We need to sort something out soon mate lol. I've wanted to see your car for quite a while now.

Did you ever fit that Trophy spoiler to it?

S4 Avant
See... I admire the car for what it is, and having seen it fly past, can appreciate how quick it is, but the cars you could have bought for the money!
It destroys me knowing that I've spent as much money as I have, on a clio :dapprove:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Not yet lol. It's sat in my mate's shed all primered up, just waiting until he's free to sort my bumpers out then he's going to spray the lot for me all in one go.

DMS

A thirsty 172
See... I admire the car for what it is, and having seen it fly past, can appreciate how quick it is, but the cars you could have bought for the money!
It destroys me knowing that I've spent as much money as I have, on a clio :dapprove:

There is that, but I intend to keep this car for a long time. When it comes to getting another car I won't be selling this one, I'll be keeping it as a track day / Sunday toy. I own the car outright (no finance etc) and everything has been paid for with my own money so it's not like I'll be losing money that I haven't already if it's just sat there. There are people who spend way more money than I have on projects - my old boss spent nearly £30k over 4 years building a Metro 6R4 replica and he didn't regret it one bit.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Woah!

Nice results :)

I'd love to have a go in a turbo clio to see how different it is to drive over my ITB'd cleeeog.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Sat on Sportline springs ATM. I'm on the lookout for a set of KW V2's though.
I'm using standard disks, PF97 pads and some crazy blue brake fluid (forgot which sort). 4 pots are next on the shopping list however. The brakes still work very well in all honesty. You've got to bear in mind that 95% of the time I'll just be pootling along at or around the speed limit, and the rest of the time I won't floor it unless it's clear to do so.

Ooooo thats very PC

DMS

A thirsty 172
Lots. No point putting a figure on it, it'll only end up with a thread full of flaming.

RB 182
That's amazing! I know how quick my old Scooby was running 307bhp, so God knows what that kind of power is like in a Clio, it must be insane!!! Fair play on spending whatever you have on it though, yeah you could go out and spend it on something "better, faster, whatever" out of the box, but where would the fun be in that?! Your way is also my way, so fair play indeed! :)

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
DMS is your engine running uprated pistons and rods for this kind of boost/power or still the standard internals? Looks an insane amount of power!!! Uprated clutch? Just interested really.

I'd love to see this thing on the roads, fair play to you mate.

DMS

A thirsty 172
DMS is your engine running uprated pistons and rods for this kind of boost/power or still the standard internals? Looks an insane amount of power!!! Uprated clutch? Just interested really.

I'd love to see this thing on the roads, fair play to you mate.

Yeah. Uprated rods, pistons, bolts etc. Running a Helix paddle clutch too but it can barely take this much torque, so looks like I'll need an even tougher one soon :dapprove:

320d
Awesome power mate. After seeing how well a 290bhp SC Clio goes this must be pretty special. Any 0-100, 1/4 mile times for it? or is it not intended for that type of thing?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'll be honest, my standard 182 (its 176bhp) gives me soo much fun i am actually scared as to what id do with this lol.

53 Clio's & counting
Another one showing boost and AFR.

imagekbj.jpg

Just a quick question matey, as I may be reading this wrong, but the graph above looks like to me that boost level spikes to just over 2.2 bar, then drops to 1.9 bar, or am I seeing that wrong?

Its just with 286bhp at 0.7 bar, to go to 317 at over 2 bar, it doesnt seem like much of a power increase for a near 3 times the boost level?

Torque is impressive though! I know its all about power delivery and how it feels though :)