ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LewisTaylor's BlackGold 182

Trafic 140dci
Re: Boosted BlackGold Project - F4rT content.

So last night i dropped my engine in and today set about plumbing it back in, but had no end of problems, main one being so long since i took it out i've forgotten where wires go :eek: anyway these are the problems i'm having:

So first i have this one, was near my rad fan plugs.

05ADE66D-BE94-40E8-AB2A-F7F62BDFE593-788-000001A46147EA6F.jpg

Then it came to brake vac, there seemed to be 2 places it could go on back of the plenum, have i put it in the right one? Whats the other one for?

21D11950-8386-4F00-B19B-4E6D35C4A0D5-788-000001A45A8090A5.jpg

Then i noticed what i think was a sensor in the side of the plenum had snapped off, what sensor was it?

E99A85AF-FC27-4CB7-9748-E82DA14BF262-788-000001A453DDD395.jpg

I know the orange big plug is for the fan but what is the 3 pin purple triangle one for?

B844BE3D-D1EF-4C9C-8B91-3DE32CD2D9DA-788-000001A4412D7C7E.jpg

Tried running it anyway, ran shortly then cut out, plugs are very black and sooty.

B00EEBBD-2830-4F3E-BE1F-5C4098735F57-225-0000000D10B20679.jpg

There was also these, the small one on the left there are 2 identical, i know one goes into the top of the rocker cover (think that is VVT sensor) where does the other one and 3 pin plug go? (maybe one goes on that broken sensor on inlet plenum)

8B108BE3-9176-4F4A-B57E-4A50C3DB83C5-225-0000000D08427B93.jpg

Hope someone can help :)

Car is begining to get back to being together :) I know the coolant bottle is well over filled but as soon as the thermostat opens it will soon go down before someone says something ;)

E84AC2FE-0F6C-4E4A-BB7B-FAE9437E7AD4-225-0000000D16BD491E.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1

They male all the plugs different so they only mate with 1 socket. Just look at each and they will become clear.

Trafic 140dci

Does it work then?
Run's sweet as a nut :)

But now i have 2 other problems, clutch cable seems to be too short (perhaps) why it was slipping before as it is holding clutch slightly engaged. Also as soon as the ignition is on and you press the brake pedal it goes to floor, any idea's?

Also check out my caster :p

8A4A54AF-1D75-4C52-A991-939B00A967D2-355-0000001A57DA749E.jpg

SQ5
Boosted BlackGold Project - F4rT content.

It sounds like a fluid leak actually not an air leak as without air pedal goes hard.

Trafic 140dci

Fluid seems ok, when the ignition is off, the pedal is hard, just as soon as the ignition goes on the pedal goes down.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Due to the servo working when the ignition is off, the pedal will feel hard. When the ignition is on the servo is working and so sounds like you need to bleed them.

Audi A5

first connector looks like it connects to p.a.s sensor in the pipe work.

that pipe is connected to the right place. the other one is for the carbon canister which i know you've deleted. ( your need to block this up otherwise your loose mani pressure and the engine will rev its tits up wen you have it running. probably didnt do it because you've snapped you mani pressure sensor)

senor that has snapped is inlet manifold pressure senor. im pretty sure you can use one of any of the 1*2's

the connector with three pins looks like its the one for the aircon pump.

and the other connector looks like its for fan maybe.

and the last three in your hand look to be inlet mani pressure senor, dephaser solenoid valve sensor and camshaft position sensor.

car's looking really good, where did you get them 2118's from? they look just like my old ones.

i take it you've done that castor mod that chip done with moving the ball joint on the lower arm?

sorry i need to catch up with your project thread, im going to do it now :eek:

SQ5
Boosted BlackGold Project - F4rT content.

Yea sounds like a fluid leak or air in system. Pedal should be rock solid after a couple presses.

Did you bleed Drivers Rear, Passenger Rear, Drivers Front, Passenger front, in that order?

Trafic 140dci

car's looking really good, where did you get them 2118's from? they look just like my old ones.

i take it you've done that castor mod that chip done with moving the ball joint on the lower arm?

sorry i need to catch up with your project thread, im going to do it now :eek:
Got them from Nick172cup about a year ago.

Nope AST top mounts, set to full caster, gone off having massive negative camber for now, just kills tyres, and the A048's are £160 a corner...

Yea sounds like a fluid leak or air in system. Pedal should be rock solid after a couple presses.

Did you bleed Drivers Rear, Passenger Rear, Drivers Front, Passenger front, in that order?
Hmm will bleed them again i guess :/ Yeah i did do it in that order.

Trafic 140dci

Brake problem solved, i think, when taking front wheel off to remove gearbox tonight, i noticed the rim was covered in brake fluid. So since bleeding the brakes the front caliper has had it. Amazes me that this didn't happen untill i took the car for a test drive.

Trafic 140dci

Been a while since i've updated this but here goes!

Clutch problem is finally resolved! When i took the old clutch out me and my mate both thought it looked alright, and after replacing the clutch then clutch cable, i then found out the clutch pedal has an adjustable ratchet mechanism, so released that to reset it and clutch was lovely, i now can't help but think when the previous owner fitted the new clutch cable this wasn't done causing the clutch to slip! Luckily it only cost me a clutch cable and replacing the fluids as i had a spare clutch in the garage. (and now have another!)

So with that problem resolved the car was back down and running, since re-doing the abs cable that melted on my exhaust manifold i now have an ABS light on the dash, so i'm thinking i've done that wrong some how. Treated my self to an RS Tuner to map the car, but i've just today bought the ABS module for it so when i get the email from Henk i can use that to check the fault.

I also have a traction control light on, with the abs light on too i'm a bit skeptical about taking the car for a drive at the moment, but took it for a drive up my road and my passenger side top mount is knocking badly, i think this is because my top mount hole in the car is oval shape from old ones failing, so i will replace them with solid top mounts that require drilling and bolting.

I'm also going to sell my AST coilovers and 2118/A048 to replace with cheaper solutions as i need the money for my house, hoping to get H&R coilovers second hand (or similar) and going to put some tyres on my White Team Dynamics Pro Race 3's i have in the garage which should look good on the car.

I still have a half cage and k-tec boot mat i'll be fitting once all the other jobs are done.

I have also made a custom induction kit, sounds nice, i'm hoping to knock up an aluminium heat deflector to go between airfilter and engine to try and keep it a bit cooler. I also fitted my forge hoses that i had left from my ph1. Gave the car a good clean today too as i had nothing else to do. With a bit of luck, next Sunday i should be able to take it for a spin :)

P1010770.jpg

P1010765.jpg

P1010762.jpg

P1010757.jpg

P1010756.jpg

P1010755.jpg

P1010753.jpg

P1010748.jpg

P1010747.jpg

P1010745.jpg

P1010735.jpg

Now going to PM a mod for a thread title change as this won't be boosted for a few years :/

Trafic 140dci
Looking good Lewis! Should of got black silicone for the induction is all im saying ;) enjoying the sound?

Thanks mate, I'm calling it the 'PikeySport Race induction kit' As you called yours the mk1 and mine required battery relocating :p Well it was to match my Bright Blue subframe - that you can't even see!! The red Forge hoses are only on as i had them kicking about :)

As for the sound, i haven't took it for a proper drive yet, looking forward to hearing it...

Also i want you to knock up some kind of stainless steel/aluminum heat shield around it, like you did for the brakes, think you could do that? i'll pay ;)

Ill let you off!

Work out what you want and ill sort it, got some lovely brushed stainlesses atm or just ali.

And no you dont need to pay!

Ps. Draw a diagram, that'll make it easier :)

Trafic 140dci
Ill let you off!

Work out what you want and ill sort it, got some lovely brushed stainlesses atm or just ali.

And no you dont need to pay!

Ps. Draw a diagram, that'll make it easier :)
Oh you little star :D

I'll have a bash at doing a diagram next weekend, you knows i'll look after you for it ;)

Trafic 140dci
Sounds a sensible way to keep the car and still free up those all important funds for a house. :)
Thanks Chip, Due to my TD alloys selling as i was about to remove them from sale i get to keep my 2118's, so i'm well chuffed about that :)

This car will get Turbo'd... One day! lol.

Trafic 140dci
So i now have a nice new set of T1-R's on my 2118's which will do for on the road now, i know they are not to everyone's liking, but at £137 delivered i can't complain :)

Coilovers was a bit of a disaster, H&R's turned up missing parts, and the seller couldn't rectify that so i got a refund, AST's should be gone this weekend leaving me needing a suspension setup, but i can't decide what i want...

I'd be more than happy with a standard suspension set up but for same/less money i can get V-maxx or K-Tec coilovers, which are tempting, i just don't know if i will be disappointed in them, I'm not bothered if the ride is hard, but will be pee'd off if it handles worse than standard, not likely to do any track days soon, as i'm saving money but i might be getting one for a birthday present...

I can just about stretch the budget to some second hand Bilsteins/H&R's/Sach's but they are all pretty rare, and with my car being on axel stands i need something soon.

Opinions please.

Trafic 140dci
Picked Dom's suspension up this afternoon and the car is finally back on the road, still have a few niggles but will sort them next weekend. With the car being partly stripped, on 15" wheels and with standard shocks and springs it looks like a clio 4x4 lol.

One of my problems i still have is a knocking coming from the front, passenger side under braking or pulling away. No idea what it is, i'm thinking it could be track rod ends or ball joints? I have new of both in my garage that i'd put on my ph1 and only done a few miles, but i'm having difficulty getting my ball joints out of the bottom of the hubs and un doing the track rod ends as they are so corroded lol. Any idea's?