ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look what i bought home last night!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
http://www.putfile.com/drrollo I'm in love but, the service light has come on and the airbag symbol is showing, ggrrrrr any ideas? (as shown in picture) I remember hearing about a loose cable under the seat or something? Also are these cars ment to be loud, it's got a k&n induction kit on it, (which i want to remove asap) seems to GROWL under acceleration.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah it's great, been out in it today, no tried anything to fast yet, made me smile all day :) just need to get this dam light sorted

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats what i was thinking, how about if i took the battery lead off and left the ECU to reset, or would that completly mess it up?

Vectra :(
Same on mine. i think i am just going to take the resistor route and solder that on. 29p from maplins :)

BMW M135i
It'll be the passenger seat airbag connectors, just have a fiddle with them and it should sort it out. Otherwise hows your soldering ? :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yay fixed the service light, think i'll do some soldering or something on that, or just tape the conector together better, anyhow off for another drive :)

clio 1.2 16v
Looks good fella

check if the child safety switch is off using the key in the passanger door

OR..

fiddle wiv the connetors under the passanger seats to c if they are all in place

ive had this a few times

182 RB FF
I had that on my last, had something under myseat that must have been causing it, took it out and the ligh went off...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh my, just been for a "casual drive" in her, i love this car!!! Thanks for the help, the lights off now, but if it happens a lot i'll replace the connector, also my gear stick creaks when changing from 4th to 5th any tips on that?

Flame Red 172!
Ahhh, sure I saw this one on AutoTrader?

Phoned them up but it had gone and if it is the one that was on there for the price you got it for you got an absolutle deal!!!!!

Nice one mate, looks sweeeeeeeeet! :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yeah was the one on autotrader for £4895, it's 51 plate, with 47k, in very good condition, wouldn't say mint, but very very good for it's age

Flame Red 172!
Superb mate, to say i'm a little jealous would be an understatement!...Well done!

Just hope I can find one as nice and as cheap when I go looking next week! :S

Are you going to look at getting the cambelt changed any time soon or are you gonna wait for 78k?

That's the only thing that's worrying me about buying one of this age...but if I can get a good deal then the money I save can pay for it! :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Billywanna172! said:
Superb mate, to say i'm a little jealous would be an understatement!...Well done!

Just hope I can find one as nice and as cheap when I go looking next week! :S

Are you going to look at getting the cambelt changed any time soon or are you gonna wait for 78k?

That's the only thing that's worrying me about buying one of this age...but if I can get a good deal then the money I save can pay for it! :D

I'm a little worried about the cambelt, but i know someone who is a mechanic who should be able to sort me out as i don't want the engine to knacker. Trust me buy one though, so pleased with mine :)

BMW 330d :)
Thats been lowered as well by the looks of it. Do you know if its coilovers or springs? And how much back and front? Looks just about perfect.... Nice one :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hmm i was thinking the same, looks low to me to, as far as i know it's all standard apart from a k&n air filter (i'm after an orginal) i'll get her up on some ramps this weekend and have a good look.

BMW 330d :)
You should be able to tell just by looking between the tyre and the arch. The std springs and dampers are all black. Modded ones will be coloured.

Hope you enjoy ur car anyway!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It has been lowered, it's god red springs on it, just been out to check