ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for my first 182......but high mileage

Hay everyone

Im looking to get my first 182 been looking around for a while now and am looking to spend about the £2500 mark, i have come across a few in real nice condition with impressive mileage but they go so quickly i dont get a look in.

My question is that i see alot of 182 around with between 80-90k and some even in the 100k mark and alot coming with full service history, Im a newb to this car so in your guys opinion would buying a 1982 at around the 90k mark be a good idea, i would like to get a year or 2 out of the car. I have found this one which im considering going to have a look at, can you give me any advice?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../postcode/cf627lh/radius/100/page/3?logcode=p

320d
As above. I've just sold my very tidy 182 for just over £2500 with 81k. I sold it at a lean price but that was reflected by the fact it went within two days.

So essentially there are bargains out there.

As above, however that has no cup packs and isn't the most desirable colour.

If you're willing to hold out and maybe have a search on here, I'd say 2.5K should buy you a really tidy car.

FLOL! Arctic Blue isn't though.

Personally I like it. But I think there are other's that command a premium.

Last edited:

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Steady chaps - arctic blue is one the best colours when the sun is on it, the operative word there is when.

Bought my 182 with 94k mte , needed a exhaust, belts and dephaser and rear discs and pads pretty much most expensive jobs to do but got it dirt cheap !

Buy on condition not mileage !

Check for belts that's expensive do, and check that they have been looked after ! When mine sells somebody's going to be in for a treat ! It's had everything done but because of the mileage it's worth nothing !

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Dont be put off by milage! Im the worst, i had a massive thing about high milage. Bought a 172 on 41k & 197 on 50k in the last 7 months & both were dogs! :(

lesson learnt, look over milage & favour service history. Just bought my BG on 91k & love it!

Aye....were you looking for a quick sale on it mate ?

I had up at 2.5 and had no joy. So just wanted rid when I got my vx.

High mileage would never put me off now. Depending on previous owner.

Ended up going to the mrs. She said she'd have it rather than give it away to anyone else.

FF Racing Blue 182
I had up at 2.5 and had no joy. So just wanted rid when I got my vx.

High mileage would never put me off now. Depending on previous owner.

Ended up going to the mrs. She said she'd have it rather than give it away to anyone else.

Ah i see....I maybe be selling mine and trying to figure out a price

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My first 182 was bought on 45k and it fell apart in 6 months (needed around £2k spent on failures)

My second 182 was bought on 109k (now 117k) and it's been really, really good. I've spent less than £50 on little niggling issues. So, basically mileage means nothing imo!