ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for Sony adapter lead

172 Cup

For those trying to get hold of the infamous lead that allows SOny headunits to retain the display and remote follow this link.

https://secure.caraudiodirect.com/shop/acatalog/C_A_D_Catalogue_Renault_241.html

https://secure.caraudiodirect.com/shop/acatalog/PC9-109.jpg">

Griff

no thats just the normal cable that gives remote control (PC9-112)... the new one is PC9-500 and isnt out yet as i spoke to autoleads on thursday

172 Cup

Taken from site "Sony steering control adaptor for Renault Clio 1998 on (with remote display)"

i know... as i have that cable already fitted... as i said the new PC9-500 cable will give disaply on the remote dash... but it is not available yet from autoleads... please check previous posting on this

From what I was told, the PC9-112 DOES include remote display but apparently it isnt reliable and doesnt work on many cars. The PC9-500 is the one I am waiting for beore installing my MiniDisc although I dont know when its going to be available.

Silver Fabia vRS

Ill let you know in a few days whether the PC9-112 works with the display but I have to agree about the fact it doesnt. Im not bothered as the headunit Im going for is the active panel ones.

Geoff

my PC9-112 was fitted by renault themselves... and can confirm that i dont have remote display. (expcept for time and temp which is there by default)

so if someone can manage to get it working with remote display then i would be most interested.

as with the other chap.. waiting on the PC9-500 which autoleads say will give the remote display

Ive got one spare if you fancy it, never used was sent to me when i had my stereo replaced by the insurance company. I dont know what sort it is but i have a sony MDX-something on a 1992 Clio.

email: davidmudley@hotmail.com

Im in liverpool but if you send me a cheque for the postage i could send it to you.

Will the PC9-500 do the remote stick and the display, or just the dash display. Do you know when it might be out?

Thanks

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Are these connectors just for Sony CD/MD Changers to mate with the factory head unit or is it to change to a Sony head unit and have it compatible with the Steering whell remote and display?

Thanks.

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

So which Sony head units are compatible with these adapters? Are the CDX-M630 or CDX-CA900 compatible?

sound on top and connects to, works with the majority of sony models, if you wanna check to see if yours will work then you have to have the blue remote in jack on the back of your stereo. as for the PC9-112 lead it only controls the stalk and has nothing to do with the display at all!!! the PC9-500 controls both.

just checked with Autoleads and the PC9-500 that they were developing didnt work. so they made a new lead inventively titled PC9-501 this controls the display and the stalk controls, is available to buy and is in stock! it retails for roughly £50 not sure if theyll supply direct to you you can try, 0800 7839125, if they wont supply any halfords can order it in for you!

Justin

just bought the sony display and remote lead from connects2, works really well with sony cdx 630 head unit, cost £58.75 delivered, a bit pricy me thinks! nevermind though, it works at least!

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Ianos_uk,

Was it easy to install? Mine is getting sent to Australia, should be here soon.

was really easy, just a few wires to clip in, the only minor problem is fitting all the cabling behind the head unit, only took about 5 mins still though...