ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
ST1 - non-Sony unit with voice control and Bluetooth
ST2/3 - Sony DAB unit with voice control and Bluetooth

The sat-nav is, I believe, by default a Sony unit. There are no sound-system upgrades as such other than taking an ST2/3 over the ST1 for the better head unit and additional speakers (8 vs 6 I think), or by speccing the nav.

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think the Sony DAB head unit is brilliant, the sound is great from the speakers too!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Does it play music from your iphone without having to control it via the iPhone?

Yes via H/U, steering controls or sync (voice). Apperantly it will show track info now over blutooth on the later cars, yet to try this.
one thing I've found with the sony setup, it needs to be fed good quality music. Mp3's can sound a bit flabby and distorted at times but I've been converting stuff to wav (lossless) and it's 100% better.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
The once fitted on mine are 83W, the ones linked to are 84W. Does that really make any difference?

Nope no real difference I'd have thought, bit stiffer maybe? Just making sure if you were running lower load rating and wanting to stay as close to standard better check :)

I use XL on the A3, but then again that is a bit on the heavy side!

Different type if drive but had re050a on the s2000 and they were good.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
My rear speakers have a nice "rattling" sound coming from them regularly. Common issue over of FSTOC allegedly.

Rear door card removal required to see what the issue is though.

E46 320CD
Tread carefully with tyreleader.

I work in the tyre trade and I'm hearing a few negative things. Some of the stuff that's turning up isn't Approved for Europe by the tyre manufacturer.

My my best mates the buying manager for Blackcircles, what do you want exactly mark and I'll get it sorted for you.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anyone know much about the new ST-3?

Random one but would a moutain bike easily fit into the back of one of these?

RB182cup&golf gti
Just taken mine for a drive into the hills and it is simply mint. The handling is sublime and the torque just pulls you out of bends so quickly. Brakes are also razor sharp too. Just love this car.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm ordering my new car soon, it's between one of these and an Octavia VRS, if spec ing the ST anything you would say is a must?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Went to have a look at the local dealer today. The orange looks stunning in the flesh. Photographs terribly, but great up close.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I agree Warren, seen one in the sun yesterday and it's lovely.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've actually only seen 1 and it was sunny, it did look very good. Not sure I would go for that colour but I wouldn't refuse it if the deal was right

9338211338_70868be4a1.jpg
Cliosport @ The Scottish Car Show by john.holligan, on Flickr

9338185028_d0071d8c31.jpg
Cliosport @ The Scottish Car Show by john.holligan, on Flickr

They do look great in black when it is clean. When I went to buy mine they had two used ones in, a red one and a black one. I chose the red as I live on a farm so Black was never an option.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know within 5 mins if I want a car. Nothing bar the driving position impressed me. Was a year old car on 13k. Didn't feel that quick, I'd expected it to feel noticeably quicker than the 172. Steering was quite heavy (surprising as I'd read the steering was light?). Brakes felt quite Audi. Didn't think the gearshift was great (my 200 certainly had a nicer shift). Throttle response felt sluggish, and the revs seem to climb very slowly?

Felt like an ordinary car with a bit more power? In fairness I've not driven a turbo car (ever) that I really enjoyed.

They've offered me the car for a day, maybe it's a grower? Don't think I'll take them up on it though, just didn't click with it in any respect. Similar feeling to when I 1st tried a 197, couldn't see what the fuss was about.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I know within 5 mins if I want a car. Nothing bar the driving position impressed me. Was a year old car on 13k. Didn't feel that quick, I'd expected it to feel noticeably quicker than the 172. Steering was quite heavy (surprising as I'd read the steering was light?). Brakes felt quite Audi. Didn't think the gearshift was great (my 200 certainly had a nicer shift). Throttle response felt sluggish, and the revs seem to climb very slowly?

Felt like an ordinary car with a bit more power? In fairness I've not driven a turbo car (ever) that I really enjoyed.

They've offered me the car for a day, maybe it's a grower? Don't think I'll take them up on it though, just didn't click with it in any respect. Similar feeling to when I 1st tried a 197, couldn't see what the fuss was about.

Fair enough! If it's not for you it's not for you.

I'd suggest taking it for a day though, get some more time behind the wheel...you might just gel with it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
In all honesty I've gone from 95% having one, to 100% not. I just didn't gel with it, maybe it's a bad one.

The dealer however, was excellent, puts Renault to shame.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As Mark said take it for the day and really kick it's head in, the chassis are superb in these things!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As Mark said take it for the day and really kick it's head in, the chassis are superb in these things!

No point fella. I didn't need (or really want) to get rid of my car. But the idea of a new car for very little cash was very appealing.

Nail in the coffin was using the test drive route to get home in my car. The old shed is staying.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Pretty much what I felt when I drove one back-to-back with mine. It felt like a warm version of a normal Fiesta, rather than something relatively special like my car.

They're getting really common nowadays too.

That said, I still love them, they're just not for me.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Pretty much what I felt when I drove one back-to-back with mine. It felt like a warm version of a normal Fiesta, rather than something relatively special like my car.

They're getting really common nowadays too.

That said, I still love them, they're just not for me.

Maybe it's because we're short?