ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

matched inlets.. gains

172, BMW 650i & X5
Lose weight. Best available mod and free also. Less strain on ALL components and response greatly improved. Try losing spare wheel alone and go for a thrash round the back roads. Then remove non essentials, even for a road car there's a lot and the feel is epic. People chase BHP and rolling roads are a curse. Look into BHP per ton and a lot of 'modified' cars don't hold up against a lightened version.
Example
: 172 BHP @ 1100kgs = 156Bhp per ton
: 172 BHP @ 1050kgs = 164Bhp per ton
: 172 BHP @ 1000kgs = 172 Bhp per ton
: 172 BHP @ 950 kgs = 181 Bhp per ton
Just losing non essentials is king. My 2 bits anyway, real world is much more fun than trump card conversations...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
My old flamer had matched inlets and the battery relocated to the boot. Induction kit pointed towards the passenger headlight.

With the timing being spot on so all things being equal.

It made 179 on well respected rollers. Nippy little car that.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
As above for me
Fatty style induction kit, 182 manifold, decat, stainless cat back, matched inlets and silicone leads on mine.
Haven't even bothered mapping it, RSTuner or otherwise.
Made 179.1 at the flywheel