ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 2.0 16v Turbo

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'd guess 320ish.

Just depends how much you want to push them. I've got a friend running 320cc inj's at 98%. To get 220bhp.

Although some of the audi lot say they are running 280bhp on 330's.....

Most mappers would like to see them running under 80%.

Also depends what your ecu can run. Some will only cope up to 320cc.

Renault Clio 16v
Not much happening lately.
few recent pics for y'all

01092008006.jpg

01092008008.jpg

01092008009.jpg

01092008010.jpg

01092008011_1.jpg

01092008012.jpg

some new gauges
01092008005.jpg

Renault Clio 16v
money is the main thing, kinda run out at the mo! :(

not really waiting on anything at the mo but need to buy some vacuum pipe to plumb in the waste gate & the dump valve. also some more hose clips for some water pipes that still need clamping. then i need to finish the exhaust and sort out the ecu side of things.

Renault Clio 16v
stock ecu mapped to suit. looking to use an aftermarket set up next year if the stock ecu parameters are insufficient :)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
With regards to injectors, I am using TT/S3 330cc injectors. They are good for up to around 300bhp max so i believe!

Good thread, look forward to more updates!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
330's would be fine. Thats what i ran on my Glanza and i could have used them on a TD04 setup so more than enough i'd think.

ValverInBits
With regards to injectors, I am using TT/S3 330cc injectors. They are good for up to around 300bhp max so i believe!

Good thread, look forward to more updates!

as far as i was aware the 1.8 20vT Vag unit in 225bhp form (TT/S3/Cupra) comes with 440cc fitted?
I was under the impression that the 440cc were good for 300bhp/just over.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Hmm I've just had a look around the net and found this info...

386cc @ 3bar. Bosch p/n: 0 280 156 064

I'm sure I read the other day the TT ones are 330cc but I could have been mistaken.

I've just read all ten pages, carcking stuff I love good projects, yours is fantastic:cool:

I did laugh at some of the randoms & their random questions though, typing before you think ftl !

Keep it up, it's going to be mad when it hits the street:D

Renault Clio 16v
Bought some new brakes to fit instead of the hi-specs (main reason being future cost of parts is cheaper) and will be using RS 280mm discs instead of the 300mm bells and rotors

I introduce some 406 V6 Brembo's!! a few pics to show them next to the billet 4's

31102008003.jpg

31102008006.jpg

31102008.jpg

31102008002.jpg

Williams20V-306BHP
Audis 1.8 20v runs 5 bar fuel pressure as standard IIRC

No no no ;) Std Vag 20v's have 3bar fpr and some people fit 4bar ones. Remember that when boost is created it puts more pressure on the fpr and therefore more fuel preasure.

also

"As a rough guide to power output, take the injector flow in cc/min and divide by 5 then multiply by the number of injectors.

Example: 220cc/min divide by 5 = 44 x 4 injectors = 176bhp"

Dave Walker quote.

Ps love the thread.. looks a tidy conv there mate and very factory too.

But if you can find a better place for the filter if you can ;)

Flan

ITB'd MK1
No no no ;) Std Vag 20v's have 3bar fpr and some people fit 4bar ones. Remember that when boost is created it puts more pressure on the fpr and therefore more fuel preasure.

the extra pressure put behind the FPR is simply to compensate for the fact there's pressure in the manifold that would otherwise hold back the fuel in the injectors. This means that a 3 bar FPR with a vac/pressure feed will run 3 bar over manifold pressure no matter what pressure is in the plenum. You get extra pressure, but not extra fuel

ValverInBits
loving the new brakes. Was wondering how you were going to stop this powerhouse car.

I take it the 406 brembos are going to require some custom brackets made up?

FPR lads, is that - Fuel Pressure Rail ??

Renault Clio 16v

also

"As a rough guide to power output, take the injector flow in cc/min and divide by 5 then multiply by the number of injectors.

Example: 220cc/min divide by 5 = 44 x 4 injectors = 176bhp"

Dave Walker quote.

Ps love the thread.. looks a tidy conv there mate and very factory too.

But if you can find a better place for the filter if you can ;)

Flan

cheers. going to relocate the filter to the scuttle area maybe, or move the battery and put it there as iwant a MK1 Clio Maxi bonnet vent.

loving the new brakes. Was wondering how you were going to stop this powerhouse car.

I take it the 406 brembos are going to require some custom brackets made up?

FPR lads, is that - Fuel Pressure Rail ??

406 brembo's bolt right onto the mk1 clio hub. just need a washer to centralise the caliper on the disc

FPR - fuel pressure regulator

Renault Clio 16v
Little update

Got the fat f*****s bolted up with the RS clio discs :)

06122008.jpg

done a bit of work on the wastgate side of things too but no pics for that :)

M

mini-valver

What hole spacing do the 406 calipers use? I take it the hole spacing for mk1 and mk2 (except RS) brake is the same as the 16v mk2's use Williams/valver brakes...?

Renault Clio 16v
What hole spacing do the 406 calipers use? I take it the hole spacing for mk1 and mk2 (except RS) brake is the same as the 16v mk2's use Williams/valver brakes...?

i dont know anything about mk 2 non RS brakes, but i heard they're the same as 1.8/2.0 mk1 fitment ? if thats true then they should fit the lower spec mk2's

the 406 calipers fit straight on the mk1 hub, just needs a 3mm washer to centralise the caliper on the disc

Would brembo brakes bolt on to an RS clio?

Not unless you had brackets made

Nice calipers, what discs are you using with them?

Mk2 clio sport discs - 280mm

yes dave they would fit, same hub caliper spacing on 1.2/1.4/1.6 MK2 clio as the MK1 1.8/2.0 as said.....get it done!