ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Clio williams replica ( ish )

Clio maxim s 1.4
Hello all,

Right heres the start of my little clio.
P Reg (1998)
Rsi alloys ( also a set of real williams alloys but there being refurbed )
good condition

my plans are
williams make over ( other than the rear arches )
keeping it as a 1.4 for now but im going to tart up the engine bay
gutting the rear out
roll cage
air induction
2 bucket seats
NEW EXHAUST !
remove the stupid heat sheild
lower ( done to my taste )
a small but loud audio system

now can anybody reccomend me some nice backboxes for a clio mk1 ??
also it has a valver bonnet on it but its a ph3 ( so will ph2 lights be a straight fit ? or will i need the bumpers too ?

heres how its looking so far

DSC000021-1.jpg

DSC000031.jpg

DSC000061.jpg

DSC000071.jpg

DSC000041.jpg

DSC00009-1.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why have you taken a picture of you bouncing it off the limiter??

and, was the engine stone cold when you did that?? (tell me that temp gauge isnt working and you let it warm up thouroughly..)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Have seen this car being ragged around a lot near me, let's hope it's a more sensible owner now! :)

Clio maxim s 1.4
Right, im 100% sure the head gasket has gone.

so im going to need to get the head skimmed.

so ill need to re time the cam belt

is there any markings/picture info on how to retime ?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
headgasket gone because you have been sat on your drive bouncing it on the limiter?

Clio maxim s 1.4
headgasket gone because you have been sat on your drive bouncing it on the limiter?

no lol ( noticed alot of creamy oil water in the rad ) so was gunna do a rebuild.

only trouble is i need help with timeing as ill be sending the head away so ill need to retime so i need help on re timing it

williams 2,seat leon
you will need to change the bumpers, if you want phase 2 lights, as well as the bonnet, and front arches or bumper wont fit properly. to be honest, speaking from my experience, just buy a valver, or williams, and save your money.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
you will need to change the bumpers, if you want phase 2 lights, as well as the bonnet, and front arches or bumper wont fit properly. to be honest, speaking from my experience, just buy a valver, or williams, and save your money.

You dont have to change the bumper. You should because its a nicer bumper but the ph2 lights and bonnet fir it pretty well imo

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

Clio maxim s 1.4
looks a decent little car, good luck with it mate!

if only you knew it needs about £2000 worth of work

head gasket and everything along with it water pump cam belt flushing ect
full service
mot
tax
ect ect

it needs alot lol

so im technically going to write it off 14 time by fixing it up :S

lol anyway my bed calls and thank you for that photo of the ph3 with ph2 lights and bonnet :) helped me out

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
You'd be better of getting a valver at least mate. You can get them from £600 to £1200 for solid ones. I've got a rolling caged shell, all it needs is an engine!

Audi A4 TDi Sport
would it not be cheaper getting an engine from a scrappy rather then paying that much to get yours fixed?

Renault Sport Clio 182
dont spend that much on a rep, you will only be dissapointed when it breaks again and you have to get rid, then you will be over the moon buying a valver and thinking 'why didnt i do this sooner' trust me i talk with experience.

here my rep.

IMG_0747.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You guys ever stopped to think he can't afford the insurance on a valver?

williams and trophy
im sure if he can afford 2 grand to sort out the car hes got.......that 2 grand would cover the ins on a valver.

Clio maxim s 1.4
Are you crazy man? Please dont spend that much on it, you could get something so much better with £2000.

well you think about the prices of performance exhausts air induction, audio ect we all spend a good few ££££ on them

Evo
I like it and the idea of a Williams replica 1.4 is something i wish i could have though of in my teen driving days lol.

I think a stripped out back with roll cage and audio install may clash a little though.

Clio maxim s 1.4
I like it and the idea of a Williams replica 1.4 is something i wish i could have though of in my teen driving days lol.

I think a stripped out back with roll cage and audio install may clash a little though.

ive got an idea for the sub im gunna clean up a steelie and build a sub into it

:cool:

Clio maxim s 1.4

here my ideas :)

head gasket
head skimmed
cam belt kit
water pump
rad and engine flush
fresh oil and coolant
spark plugs
oil filter
air induction
powerflow exhaust system and 4 branch with a decat
a cat ( for the mot )
audio system
stripped out rear with a white roll cage ( probably custom built )
buckets and harnesses
ph2 lights
laguna splitter
lowerd a tad more on the rear
fit williams wheels after they come back from refurb
all brakes front and rear

so alot of things to see and alot of people to do ;)

no doubt ive missed things off that list too lol

Evo
Well if thats all you can afford mate then crack on. I used to have this little mk2 1.4 clio and spent £££s on it doing it up, enjoyed driving that more than my 197.

renault clio rsi
hiya mate im breaking a mk1 rsi ph2 if you need any bits off it, its the same colour as your car and it has a williams interior and williams exhaust with scorpion back box

if you need any parts just ask :)