ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

TVR Cerbera
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

I dunno if this will help, but a have a set of 172 pistons and rods that you can have if they will fit?!?

Removed the valves from the head today....some nice finds...

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

Decided to 'quick' fix this head with some used valves, also got the cambelt I took off this engine before I swapped heads, which is on around 20k. The head is now rebuilt (leak tested too, all good) and ready to go back on the car....rain stopped play, so il get it back on tommorow, and hopefully it will run.

Im still going to get rid of the engine, and get another, not sure what yet, but il see shortly.

320d

lol did a good job on those valves jord bend as a £50 note.

Glad you've decided to rig it up. You have nothing to lose so you may aswell have a runabout untill you can properly repair/source a new engine.

Will you be going to JP Exhausts still?

nah cancelled it the other day...can wait until I have an engine in that im going to keep!

FFS! havent been on in a while and have just read through. really sorry to hear this mate.

lol at those valves!

Have a megane f7r head at work if that's any good all it needs is a skim it yours for £25 and put a new Belt on it at the cost of £15

172 Race Car

knows it so well he probably did it with one and behind his back while eating a cheese string.

Glad its all back together, all this makes me want to avoid gravel traps even more

We shall see, im not 100% sure yet.

Had a few good runs today, back to how it was, bar the manifold downpipe still blowing.......pulls nicely. Still, im fed up of this engine, its time for a replacement ;)

Also dewipered the rear, looks alot cleaner, no pics at the moment though...Will post some more updates over the next few days :)

I'm going to frame my valve ;)

Jams wanted the other bent one, but I didnt say anything as I think he forgot, lol.....Il keep hold of it for now, my suveniour

Also, forgot to add, back to popping some nice flames too....Took me a while to realise why Christopher kept full beeming me on the motorway ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Jord, whats involved in de-wipering the rear?

Remove the arm itself (13mm)

Then inside the boot there are 3x 10mms, undo them and unclip the wire for the wiper motor. Pull the washer fluid pipe off once the motor is out, then pull the grommet base out.

I used a grommet thats usually used on the arch liners (you'll see why, the hole for the wiper isnt round) And used some black sealant (Locktite instant gasket, for when building engines lol, sets like rubber, but comes off very easily if needs be) To keep it in place and seal it.......also put a bit of the sealant on the inside.

ValverInBits

I was thinking about using one of the grommets from the rear window hinges to seal the hole.

far from it mate!

Anyways the engine is coming out soonish, whenever I find somewhere to put the car!

f**ked ph1 172

glad you decided to get it running again. I'd love a mk1, but wouldn't want to deal with the rust etc. was bad enough on an s plate almera gti :(

glad you decided to get it running again. I'd love a mk1, but wouldn't want to deal with the rust etc. was bad enough on an s plate almera gti :(

I bought the car in the first place as there was no rust :)

It has had a whole new drivers side at some point (Genuine renault rear quarter, sticker is still on the inside!) and the arches are rust free......Its all been treated, the only thing that is showing a bit of rust is the subframe, but I can live with that for now!