ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

Well not changed fuel filter yet...just went to move it off the drive to let my mum get her car out, and it wont even start....meh

Eventually got it going earlier....Kept turning over and not firing for a bit, then started trying to start.....gave it the full throttle while cranking treatment and it fired into life, and idled fine. Drove fine for a few miles, then spakked again.

Thought id' try the valver ECU, so swapped them over, went for a drive and its exactly the same, so I guess it cant be ECU related...

Golf TDI

very nice mate , thats not too bad for a runabout ! whats the insurance like on the valvers then ? i take it that its alot less than a 172 . as im considering taking my track car off the road for a year .

320d

Took the plunge on Brun's car then jord? Didn't think you could cope with a 106 1.5D. Its a realy nice car I used to see it when he worked at motorworld daily.

Will give you time to sort out your valver. Good move tbh.

Where you going to keep your valver then? When i say yours i mean your first one they're obviously both yours.

You need to update the blog i read it off there to avoid all the spam :)

;)

http://www.f0xy.net/

The new blog is up, along with some other bits and bobs, going to put some guides up that ive wrote, started a parts number mini database which will hopefully help some people, and some other stuff! hopefully alot better than the last.....more to come on it too :approve:

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS

yup he is buying my valver, should be here shortly actually

its gonna be very sadly missed, ive been a Renault (mainly Clio) enthusiast for years, finally landing my dream job in my local dealers parts dept last year !....ive had it for over 3 years and its had a lot spent on it in that time, and u33db spent loads on it when he had it too, my parents, the lads at work, and the mrs thought id never ever sell it im so attached to it, but, its time to move on, got a diesel car now which will cost me less in fuel to run and less on tax too, im growing old now lol have to think of other things than cars (as much as possible hehe), the new car doesnt handle like the clio though, i dont think many things do !......just glad its going to someone who has an interest in these cars and knows a lot about them, not someone whose had a 1.0 Corsa and can now afford the insurance who would wrap it around the first tree probably

172 Race Car

LOL @ getting old Brun, I must be due my bus pass soon then.

As you said its going to a very good home

The Runaround :) Cheers Martin

DSC00345.jpg

Just a few proper pics....

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Complete History from 1996ish until present, madness!

IMG_0335.jpg

Drives nice, its been well looked after for sure :)

172 Race Car

Id love to of been a fly on the wall in your neighbours front room when you pulled up in that.

"George, that kid next door has bought another one to make loads of noise with!!"

Id love to of been a fly on the wall in your neighbours front room when you pulled up in that.

"George, that kid next door has bought another one to make loads of noise with!!"

Pmsl. They didnt look to impressed when I came back in it before, but, they are pathetic anyway :approve:

Tbh you should strip them both down at 1 in the morning, just to piss off the neighbours. Making your front yard look like winstons mates, who he got the caddy off! Nutty.

'DUB-land' is the nickname for his mates front yard, lol...

My grans garage is the home for the hybrid for now, while I strip the whole thing down and sort all the interior out :)

BMW M5 & E36

Is it the old dear to the left with the red beemer that moans? She was out when I rolled up lol, quiet as ever.

Is it the old dear to the left with the red beemer that moans? She was out when I rolled up lol, quiet as ever.

Well, she cant drive, but its her husbands...thinks(wishes) its an M3, tried to leave me on the duel carridgeway, to only get left an embarrasing length behind...along with his halfords scew on tailpipes :rolleyes:

believe it or not, she aint quiet at all, lol