ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Williams
Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

nope, the high idle problem on a valver/willy is caused by a bad earth on the speedo cable

try adding an extra wire to yours to try and improve the earth, has worked for some in the past and saves taking everything to bits

More earths to the engine block or to the dash?

Cheers for the advice, Renault want over £100 for the speedo cable!

yep, quite a few in there

Ah, i take it that was just somewhere you were passing through, thats my line of work you see. Electrical engineering in plastic manufacturing.

More earths to the engine block or to the dash?

Cheers for the advice, Renault want over £100 for the speedo cable!

Ah, i take it that was just somewhere you were passing through, thats my line of work you see. Electrical engineering in plastic manufacturing.

if you look on the clocks end of the speedo cable, you will see 3 wires going to a white connector. yellow white and black.

splice into the black, and earth it to the bodywork somewhere, which is adding another earth...

not passing through mate, my dad's business is plastic injection moulding....BOY and Krauss Maffei machines

Track valver + Ibiza FR

Not been on for a while but I bet your gald it's nearly all done. Can't wait to drive it on the weekend. I need to talk to you about some stuff about this weekend. I'll text you sometime this week.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yup as above, earth it from the cable behind the dash, splice into it and add an extra one, hopefully it will work, if not you need a new speedo cable im afraid

Bumder With A Buffer

Needs to get s**t done in time for Saturday thats why! Look forward to having a gander at it when im up on Sunday.

By the way you still got that Bullet camera? Still not having luck finding one! (wanna sell it??!!)

yep....RAF Marham weekend.

Well, its on the road, tax'd, insured....drives pretty nice!

:D

...still, cant change gear properly, no wipers fitted, loads of little things....but at least it drives :cool:

clutch/gear issues all sorted....having a bit of a problem with the battery, not earthing properly so its not charging etc, need to sort that tommorow....Horn also fitted into the passenger arch, all working. Major priority at the moment is getting the wipers to work though, had a bit of rain today :(

single wiper jay? nah thanks....foooking hate the things you know that ;)

Still got other seat to fit, gotta go to tweeks to get some eyelets for the harnesses, and a whole host of other things....I currently have to climb in through the boot to get into the car as there are no door handles on the outside lol...

Think the brakes need re-bleeding also, few times the pedal dropped pretty low like there was still a bit of air left in the system....

Few pics from today...

IMG_2806.jpg

Nice dash? looks so much better with no loom inside!

IMG_2808.jpg

Seat mounted low on the new seat bars which were welded yesterday...

IMG_2809.jpg

Then rear windows out...

IMG_2810.jpg

And fitted todays arrival....full set of polycarbs :) not all fitted yet though!

IMG_2803.jpg

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

fair enough! didnt realise these could actually be bought ready made, always under impression that you had to it yourself with some b&q polycarb stuff!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I don't want to be pushing it across no rush hour traffic again! ;)

Glad it's sorted dude. You needed a bit of good luck!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

That seat is looooooooooooooow!

You so need to get the rattle can action on the inside!

its getting a full respray in body color inside when the cage is in dude!

Just put it together quick to get it on the road for this weekend :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT

does your head make it over the steering wheel/high enough to see kerbs in this car Jord ;)

You need to get it to a weigh brigde next, hows the drive?

going to get down to my local one next week! drives well, pulls well too :)

Great news. Does it go well then?

yeah goes pretty well, going to put a bit of a video up later....

got a few other bits sorted today, fuel guage is now working again, tidied up a few other things too. Ph1 sidestrips fitted all round, picked up my freshly painted stuff also, Ph1 wingmirrors, doorhandles, Ph1 boot + Williams spoiler.

Will get some pics tommorow once they are all fitted. Im still no nearer with getting the wipers to work, turning into a bit of a nightmare...

Relays got power, mechanisms got power, everythings earthed, but the relay dosent click on when the stalk is put down....tried a spare wiper relay too, no joy :(

Gotta go to demon tweeks in the morning (was going today but got delayed) to get the harness eyelets, and still got to fit the passenger seat...lol

Il post up later with a bit of a video :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise

could just be a loose plug on the wiper stalk.. mine does it occasionally