ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

yeah, its turned into a custom loom lol

amount of things removed and things to re-join i started another from scratch....been worth it though, should be nice and tidy :)

320d

Only just watched the video. That start button is rediculously cool. I'd like to see someone try and nick it, it'd confuse them even more than the immobilizer on the valver.

Mustang, S13, AX GT

phew, just caught up on this whole thread now jord, and based on your work with your wiring looms I'm holding you to your deal. I changed the title you help wiring the SX lol...

i am the rig-up KING.

In further news, all the lights are now working, bar the rear fogs. Hazards, indicators, headlights, sidelights, brake lights, everything....

Also re-fitted the wings....

Thats about it, hoping the brake lines will arrive in the morning!

BG 182 FF

you ever thought about work for renault or a renault tuning company m8y cos you have skills :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

i am the rig-up KING.

In further news, all the lights are now working, bar the rear fogs. Hazards, indicators, headlights, sidelights, brake lights, everything....

Also re-fitted the wings....

Thats about it, hoping the brake lines will arrive in the morning!

sounds good!

on a seperate note - how much you reckon you've spent doing all this on the mk1? got to be a pretty penny.

ive got every receipt for everything, in a box.....im not going to count it though, not for a while anyway...lol

I dont want to know really, only live once eh ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

i suppose you cant put a price on something that you enjoy. would be interesting at the end of it all though!

course it does lol

just about finished the wiring (well to make it roadworthy, lights etc)

all im waiting on is farking brake lines, so I can bleed the system and drive it properly!

And top mounts :( shitter about the wait :(

Sounds good mate, keep meaning to come over and see it, but just have no evenings/weekends to myself at the moment.

Will it be road worthy by the 10th?

Jamie

fucked off waiting for those now, will probably arrive in a few months at this rate.

Fitted the standard top mounts back on, but I cant be arsed getting the tracking setup with those on, as itl all move when I put the solid top mounts on....so im stuck really.

Im hoping it will be on the road early next week, minus the cage/interior, which is going to be sorted in the next week or two

not much of an update....but here goes...

Throttle cable mount finished, after making the extension (read back) to make the throttle cable nice and tight, instead of slack, the bonnet would not close. The bolt was too long....time for some thinking.

First, the finished throttle cable bracket, painted black, now with a 'thin' nut (old one milled in half)...

DSC00401.jpg

Spent a few hours on a few bits of metal on the milling machine, and ended up with this...a small angled shim. Points the bracket downwards perfectly to allow the bonnet to close :)

DSC00402.jpg

Not many updates as ive been busy trying to get things done. The cage has now been fully painted satin black, well all the bits of it. Its ready to be welded into the car now...

Also finished the wiring, well, got everything working. All lights front and rear, all the stalk controls, the clocks are complete. Diag port also properly wired in nice and tidy, along with a ciggy lighter hole hidden out of the way for tomtom charging. All thats left to do on the wiring side is tidy up the scuttle panel fusebox, then il be happy with that :)

More soon...

Track valver + Ibiza FR

Coming along nicely, will it be at the meet on friday?

Morris miner

nice jordan, so your using the piece of metal as a spacer?... is the drill milling machine still broke? i will come round for the stickers pal to night you can see the pins and matt black bonnet.

Ph1 172 + Combo van

Still no brake lines? You must be itching to get out and drive it properly lol:)

no braided lines nope, no AST top mounts either.

I bled the brakes yesterday on standard lines though ;)

drove it up and down the road earlier a few times, and yeah, its kinda nippy, lol

Still no air filter or anything on it, steering column not attached properly, wires everywhere, but it drives :)

Still waiting on braided lines, AST top mounts (maybe next year when they arrive) and a few other things...

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

whens the latest you need to make a decision about the top mounts mate?

or have you decided to not pull out of the group buy?

Sorry lad, no, I meant Jords (KAM racing can't get the top mounts until they are delivered from Powerstation, hence the wait).

ah right, have they not said how long it will be?

btw sorry for the spammage, but if its a massive wait jord i can maybe sort you out my AST top mounts as im 99% sure i wont be using them on the racer :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise

If I were jord, I'd just run the standard mounts for now and get the car running

they don't exactly take long to swap over (especially as he doesn't have to deal with rusted/seized bolts)

ive not pulled out, yet....and I cant be arsed emailing powerstation, if Kam are having problems getting hold of powerstation themselves, im not going to be any better.

Its just been one big joke from the start with it really, dont know how long its been now, but meh!

Standard top mounts are on at the moment, hence driving it etc.....but im going to be making a decision next few days on what to do about it regarding refund etc, as its become a bit silly now.

Geesus, are they still on you're old car?

yes they are still on the old one

can take them off rapido though if need be ;)

il get in touch with Kam racing and see how far they have got, im guessing no further, but il let you know :)

M

mini-valver

No idea how true it is but I've heard that Powerstation haven't been paying AST for their orders. May explain the wait....