ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

:D

whether or not its compatible with the 172 ecu is another thing... but im still sure it should be!

send me your rstuner box ;) ;)

ITB'd 182...

Hope you get it sorted for your Track days!

Ring would be awesome although you would need an Ipod for the journey

Will go and have a play now matteh, see where I get...

Guppy, ferries and hotel booked already lol ;)

Gona cable tie some speakers to the pillars and run a HU behind the seat....rig ups ahoy lol

My iPod dosent go loud enough to be heard on the fullest volume when driving lol

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

ghey yours is broke then ;)

I better get cracking with sorting the car out :(....got loads booked for it this summer...

May - Brands Hatch
June - FCS
July - Nurburgring
August - Cadwell Park
September - Oulton Park

And maybe another one in the middle somewhere.....cage needs welding in next, along with pages worth of other stuff ive wrote down!

nice list there :D

Mustang, S13, AX GT

Gona cable tie some speakers to the pillars and run a HU behind the seat....rig ups ahoy lol

My iPod dosent go loud enough to be heard on the fullest volume when driving lol
Just drill your door skin and screw the speakers in there... it works
DSCF0066.jpg

TVR Cerbera

just use the magnet on the back of the speaker to hold itself to the outer doorskin, easy removal too!

'92 172, Lotus Elise

I'm going to have to agree with the ghettoblaster suggestion ;)

Well ive found a workaround that will fix the rev limiter (although now I wont have a speedo, lol)

Got a 172 ph1 gearbox speed sensor (Cheers ben), going to wire that in like it usually would be to the ECU, and I know this WILL fix it....but as said, I wont have a speedo on the dash :(

Going to wire it in and test what reading its putting out, then compare it to what Matteh is getting from the valver speedo cable, and see if they are the same....:)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Buy a cheap Road Angel & antenna from eBay. Take it apart, then mount the LCD speed display in your clockset. Digital speedo ;)

Buy a cheap Road Angel & antenna from eBay. Take it apart, then mount the LCD speed display in your clockset. Digital speedo ;)

Just what I was about to say, pick up a cheap talex lite up from Ebay/ASDA. GPS speedo FTbricktecW!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

hope the sensor sorts the problems dude, Just buy a cheap speedo and run it behind the valve facia imo

BMW M5 & E36

I was using a Talex as my speedo. Shame I didnt have any battery power to run it though lol.

106 GTI

If youv got time to look at the speedo your not driving hard enough!!...lol

Picked up a complete Ph2 interior loom off Geesus69 earlier this morning, hopefully this will solve some of the problems, going to try it on the car shortly.

Also picked up some AST top mounts from him, seeing as the group buy failed. Off to fit them now, will update later :)

Few pics of the top mounts that I fitted the other day....Had alot planned for today to get done...Scuttle Induction, Look at brakes suspension, exhaust rattle, loads...but its been non stop rain :( Just nipped out inbetween to get a few pics, and tidy up my wiper wiring, as they were not working.....they do now though :)

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047-1.jpg

Last edited:
  ValverInBits

lol, this car spends so much of its life with the bonnet removed. Nice top mounts!

'92 172, Lotus Elise

the annoyance about the bonnet opening the wrong way!!

106 GTI

Jord with the bolts facing inwards does that mean your running extra camber?

Jord with the bolts facing inwards does that mean your running extra camber?

yeah, the top mounts are set to the least amount of camber

the shocks are set to the maximum amount of camber (slotted holes)

thankfully it retains some negative camber to clear the arches, or i would have to adjust the top mounts slightly :)

Oh....also, ive just had to push the car 2 miles down the road...clutch cables snapped! :(

106 GTI

Roider, if you have to replace anymore of this car you could sell it as a brand new wagon

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

LOL @ the clutch. This car is going to be the death of you.

You get the power sorted, i mind it wasn't rev'in past 5.7k?

Cable snapped again? FFS! What are they made of cheese

1st time was original cable i think (130k, lol)...then the current one was from Winston, not sure how old, could be near 100k though!

Got a newish one to go on it, hopefully wont be a silly job

LOL @ the clutch. This car is going to be the death of you.

You get the power sorted, i mind it wasn't rev'in past 5.7k?

Not as of yet, turns out that this is one of the 'issues' with this conversion.....Beaniemoo and Andyrg are now running omex so it dosent affect them, Matteh is unsure what his is at due to his rev-counter not being calibrated/reading properly, so still trying to figure out ways around it!

The valver speedo cable is outputting the signal fine, and that signal wire is linked to the ECU (To the speed input pin), but it still dosent recognise it....so we think the valver signal 'format' so to speak is incompatible...

Hopefully will sort it soon!

ITB'd 182...

Loving the top mounts Jord

How are you getting the scuttle IK past the expantion bottle?

Good progress as per though fella

Will go to the left of it, il probably do it in the morning, got all the bits I need....pics will explain all :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise

my rev counter is now fixed... 'calibrated' it using my valver as a reference point with a 950rpm idle and 7000 limiter

so when the final piece of the puzzle arrived i can slap it in and go for a hoon through epping forest! :D

if it limits at 6000 we're screwed :D