ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Skoda Fabia vRS
Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

if you want that seal pack mate, let me know before 10:30am and i can get it in next day for you

Rematch jord :)

Bring it over here mate if your mum comes home lol

Dude i really do think this car is cursed for you!! Gutted :(

just stripped it down, exhaust cam seal on the pulley had split somehow, and was leaking from there....ghey.

well engines in bits now cams out again etc, just covered it all up for today

ordered new seals from reno (comes as a pack iirc) for 20 odd quid....gotta somehow get them tommorow when they come in...

then its just a matter of fitting the seals, timing it back up and refitting everything....i hope

JDM Dc2

couldbe been alot worse like oil all ovber the cam belt. you changing both the seals to be on the safe side i take it??...

New seals on this morning, timed up again and its all good (for now)

[YOUTUBE]ikhXXGsK0DY[/YOUTUBE]

ITB'd 182...

Good news!

Gonna get a few miles on it before the weekend?

yeh got a few things to sort, downpipe is knocking constantly, clean up the oil all over the subframe, bla bla bla, then should be reet!

Picked up some 2.5" straight stainless pipe this morning, just took the center section off...

Center silencer cut out, straight pipe welded into the place....hopefully should give a bit more noise, just got to fit it now!

all done....quite a bit louder, defo how it should have been in the first place!

DSC00439.jpg

will post a few vids tommorow :)

i wish ;)

nah a mate did. cut it to length, he picked it up, welded it, brought it back within 20 mins, so its all good!

106 GTI

you should love it! after hearing guppys I want mine louder but the next step for me is to remove the baffles lol

Had a chance to play with the cams yet?

Ph2 Clio 172

how comes you wanted it louder? especially as a track toy, surely you want it as quiet as possible, no?

you should love it! after hearing guppys I want mine louder but the next step for me is to remove the baffles lol

Had a chance to play with the cams yet?

yeah, they are nice! the map isnt right, really boggy up to just under 3k, then pulls like a train...

waiting for a schrick map from henk hopefully, see how that goes.

how comes you wanted it louder? especially as a track toy, surely you want it as quiet as possible, no?

Its not really 'loud' now, im just comparing it to what it used to be... I had annoying 'buzzz' from the center section sometimes, turns out some of the metal gauze inside the silencer had came loose (once id cut it out from center section and looked down it)....

So its fixed that annoyance, and gave some more noise....Itl easily be under 98db imo, nothing too silly!

Ph2 Clio 172

ahhh coolio :) sounds like you got it sorted then... looking forward to joining you all on a track very soon!

ditto ;)

Considering im not going to the ring in july now (boohoo), got...

6th July - Cadwell
11th Aug - RenaultSport Cadwell

and probably one at Donnington inbetween....along with the RenaultSport one at oulton (thats been rearranged to november, doh!)

i have a box with every receipt for everything in...may add it up in a few years, but im not too bothered!

its all about the fun of keeping it running, learning new things, and driving it as much as possible :evil:

Ph2 Clio 172

You know what, that could be very possible thinking about it...

Had a call from coilover company to say they're starting to make my set in a week, and I should receive them in 3 weeks time, so Thursday 2nd July.

My other Cobra Evolution bucket seat will be here on Saturday 4th July.

and my stealth system & silenced decat I should collect next week... will keep my project thread updated :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

ditto ;)

Considering im not going to the ring in july now (boohoo), got...

6th July - Cadwell
11th Aug - RenaultSport Cadwell

and probably one at Donnington inbetween....along with the RenaultSport one at oulton (thats been rearranged to november, doh!)

how come no ring trip now?

'92 172, Lotus Elise

mine passed brands' noise testing without them batting an eyelid - mines identical except I have a magnex backbox instead of a mongoose

be reet ;)

Just spent like all afternoon sourcing and fitting a new manifold downpipe gasket, as it was embarrassing how much it was blowing, was undrivable!

after a lot of hassle its now on and drives alot better, no more blowing....off to do a few videos now :)

ITB'd 182...

Just spent like all afternoon sourcing and fitting a new manifold downpipe gasket, as it was embarrassing how much it was blowing, was undrivable!

after a lot of hassle its now on and drives alot better, no more blowing....off to do a few videos now :)

Cant wait!

[youtube]RyHEMcFvGHM[/youtube]

So much better power delivery without the manifold blowing, its still on the standard map and shifts alot better....cant wait for map now!

ITB'd 182...

Tried to catch you today Jord

Needed to hear the idle of this! lol