ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Valver Engine mount problem

Looking for a ph-quick...
Ok, i was faffing under the bonnet of my valver and i noticed one of the offside top engine mount bolts was loose, so i tightened them all to make sure.
wen i got to the bolt that fixes the mount to the damper and onto the chassis, as i tightened it made a crack sound and some brown stuff trickled out of the rubber damper under the aly mount which i imagined to be damping??
after drving it the engine was moving alot and i came to the conclusion that it was fuked!!! got my self to euro car parts got a new one for £40. fitted it and its no better. is this shite parts? and wud b better off with and original renault one which is twice the money? or am i missing something?
yes all the bolts are tight and its exactly the same as the old one
HELP
Amir

jus pm'd u bak dan mate.

yeh i guess that cud be it, but cant see were i cud go wrong....u dont rekon it needs breaking in or owt?
:S

Rover 200 Vi
Stick to Renault parts, had a non genuine cluch cable snap in a few weeks! What a job they are to fix.....:(

What do you mean that after drinving it alot the engine was moving alot??

Make sure you line the new mount up with teh outline where the old one was on teh cahssis, Renault just a jig to get them spot on in the right place.

You have more than one engine kount fella, could be that they are all worn, check the one on top of the gearbox, you can also get a 2nd R19 mount for the box, details will be on williamsclio.co.uk.

If when backing off teh throttle or flooring it the gearstick moves, 99% of the time the bog bone mount has gone, £10 ir so from GSF IIRC, mention cliosport for trade prices :)

Nowt wrong with GSF parts etc, half od them are genuine renault parts, my cambelt kit came in a renault box,m and cost a fraction of what it woudl from renault

AmirClio said:
jus pm'd u bak dan mate.

yeh i guess that cud be it, but cant see were i cud go wrong....u dont rekon it needs breaking in or owt?
:S

Won't need braking in, its an engine mount not brake pads ffs :rolleyes:

Adjusting it won't stop the engine moving, sounds like that top mount isn't your problem, although if you get knocking etc it suggests that the mount is not lines up properly and needs adjusting, and more importantly puts more stress on moving components. Make sure its lines up with the marks where the other one was and you will be fine, sorry to repeat myself btw

i fink its jus s**t parts!
the amount of play in that mount alone is ridiculus! thats were all the movement is cumin from i'll check the other but im pretty sure thats wot it is.

How do i get parts from GSF? online?

I have new Renault mounts and the engine doesn't move at all. (well it does, but only the amount it should) (2 New Renault mounts and an uprated HillPower Dogbone mount).

I'd always go to Renault for the mounts also.

You sure running around with a loose mount hasn't damaged something else? I can't see a new mount having as much play in it as you say.. no matter who makes it.. (IMO)

mmmm well im gonna hav a rite good look 2morrow
gotta spare new dog bone anyway.
cheers for you input guys let u know how i get on

White16valver said:
Have you done the R19 mount lunner?

No, but will do one my new engine, its lack of being arsed at the moment.

Know people who have done it, look of Williamsclio for proper mk1 enthusiasts