ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 Front Of Glovebox

320d M Sport

Im taking mine to Renault tommorow as the glovebox light is permantly on, and it doesnt close properly!!
The gap isnt flush at all to the extent that at the end where the switch is doesnt catch properly. Thought Id see if anyone has a similar problem before I go all Psycho on Renault tommorow??

Paddy

PS-If you wanna buy one youre looking at about £90 plus VAT!!!!!!! WHAT THE??????

Renault Laguna Coupe

Begs a question doesnt it. How do you know the light in your fridge goes off when you shut the door? Maybe it goes off for a minute then comes back on again. I had to ask that question... the voices told me to.

320d M Sport

LOL @ Mike!

I know cos I get blinded in my left eye everynight!! Its well bright you know!

Paddy

GR7

Shiny red R32

Does anyone actually keep GLOVES in their glovebox? I dont know anyone who does, and I wonder why it is called a GLOVEBOX!!

Paddy,

I had the same problem it took me 6 weeks for Reno to get the part and when it was finaly fixed the light turns off but the craftmanship was crap

320d M Sport

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!
Went to Renault today, they had a look and went......"hmmmm"
Seems the plastic surround next the the side of the glovebox is from the 1.4 Clio, its a bluey grey colour and doesnt match with the rest of the dash. Looks like I need a whole new dash (except the area around the clocks!!) great eh??

Paddy

172 sport,

mine does it but its due to all the cds ihave in it

girlracer

i have storie about glove boxes one old lady kept taking her car back to the dealer coz the battery kept going flat it went in about 10 times before they sussed it every night when she got home she opened the glove box and put her gloves on the door hence leaving the light on all night

and me dad had an old lady tell him that her car was really juicy and didnt go very well it turned out when she got in the car (a triumph herald) she pulled out the choke and hung her hand bag on it thinking thats what its for as he said ya do get em

Hi GR dood.

I keep latex gloves in my box.......

purely due to the need to stop at accidents now, where,, I didnt beofre doing that job, ,,,,, because I knew I coulnt do anything to help.

Joe..

172 sport,

at one time that used to be classed as going with intent to steal now there common place or are you a burglar?????

320d M Sport

Joe, I can just imagine your ambulance driving now you crazy-ass!
Seriously, it must have taught you to be a better all round driver ie awareness etc??

Paddy

GR7

Shiny red R32

Captn Slarty, what is your job if you have to wear latex gloves? You arent a gynaecologist are you? Or maybe a vet?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Bradfordlad, Jaques is French for Jack. "Black Jack"! Not my idea, the suggestion came from someone here.