ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modded 182 dyno numbers/graph

Levi_NL_046

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I got my 182 all "tunned" up with 197cams+injectors, milltek resonated catback, ported inlets and green filter.
Cam swap and tunning has been done by Dekker Motorsport.

It made 175.5 Whp and 204.4Nm(150.7ftlbs)

Can someone with more knowledge tell if this result is to be expected( I was hoping for bigger numbers :))
Or some with the same kind of mods to compare dynographs?!

dm stg3.png

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
What was it before the work was done?

Sounds pretty honest to me. Most 1*2s are in and around the 160 to 180bhp mark depending on engine health. So if yours was 165bhp then the mods ending up at 175bhp is about right. By the way, that’s 175 bhp at the fly, not at the wheels.

Levi_NL_046

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly when doing the before dyno run the dreaded throttle body/pedal fault occurd, and with no time left it was not measured.

I am aware its 175hp at the fly!
How would i truly determine my engine health? compression is between 185-187psi on the 4 cilinders, which i believe is average.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
There’s something wrong with the graph, power and torque should cross at 5252

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
mine made 187bhp on 197 cams with fatty induction kit with the cat still fitted was roughly 10/11 bhp increase

In your original post you say it made 175.5 WHP bhp. Given a rough transmission loss of 10-15%, say 12.5% that would make about 197 bhp at the Flywheel.
I would have though that would be pretty good.
Or is the dyno reading already calculated back for Flywheel power, in which case not so good.

Levi_NL_046

ClioSport Club Member
In your original post you say it made 175.5 WHP bhp. Given a rough transmission loss of 10-15%, say 12.5% that would make about 197 bhp at the Flywheel.
I would have though that would be pretty good.
Or is the dyno reading already calculated back for Flywheel power, in which case not so good.
I now see my typo. Its flyhp...
Where could i look for the "missing" horsepower?

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
How were the 197 cams timed, stock timing tool or inlet advanced tool ?

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Mine made 197hp and 171.8ftlbs mapped by Efi parts

197 cams
Decat
Matched inlets
Ktec induction
197 injectors
Epas
c4c14a6757f3067a857d752987a91111.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I now see my typo. Its flyhp...
Where could i look for the "missing" horsepower?
parts cannon.......:devilish:

just kidding
good thread here for comparison:

not an expert, but at first thought the torque curve looked a bit 'up'n'down', but compared to the ones in the thread it seems comparable.
powerwise you seem to be missing between 5-15hp.

Mileage?
- 197cams: new or used? were they in good shape?
- injectors:new or used? were they in good shape?
Tbh Arthur would have noticed if the injectors were off when mapping, same for the cam and its timing
- ported inlets: it's a 182, they come ported from the factory
- "Compression is between 185-187psi on the 4 cilinders" this is juuuuust on the lower side of the range, might be worth testing again to determine if it is valver or rings

sometimes, it just is, same engine with same specs can still differ, one feeling stronger than the other.
Had a go in a freshly rebuilt (catastrophic failure) Ragnotti once.....wow!

Levi_NL_046

ClioSport Club Member
parts cannon.......:devilish:

just kidding
good thread here for comparison:

not an expert, but at first thought the torque curve looked a bit 'up'n'down', but compared to the ones in the thread it seems comparable.
powerwise you seem to be missing between 5-15hp.

Mileage?
- 197cams: new or used? were they in good shape?
- injectors:new or used? were they in good shape?
Tbh Arthur would have noticed if the injectors were off when mapping, same for the cam and its timing
- ported inlets: it's a 182, they come ported from the factory
- "Compression is between 185-187psi on the 4 cilinders" this is juuuuust on the lower side of the range, might be worth testing again to determine if it is valver or rings

sometimes, it just is, same engine with same specs can still differ, one feeling stronger than the other.
Had a go in a freshly rebuilt (catastrophic failure) Ragnotti once.....wow!
Thanks for thread link :)

Around 170.000 km on the clock
All parts were used. Injectors supposed to be 6kkm old and cams also supplied by arthur.
Theres always more meat to grind off(this is the part where someone will reply to "you messed up de the air dynamics XD), but mainly it was done to match the different inlet parts.

And you mean a leak down test?

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
You cannot reliably compare one dyno against the other, it’s sometimes even difficult getting the same reading on the same dyno.
Headline or peak figures are pointless as well. Area under the graph would be the figure I look for.

If the car feels good and drives well, be happy with that

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I also doubt it’s the timing, if you using a 7 degree timing tool and it was out plus or minus 1 degree would not really matter for inlet or exhaust as your remapping it anyway and accounting for tdc offset.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Ahhh missed the different scales -
On the same scale it’s because of the formula to work bhp from torque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed,

(Torque*RPM)/5252 it's mostly Dyno dynamics which default to the same scale. Other dynos calculate bhp a bit differently (from watts) which makes more sense on some dynos.