ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

modifying seat ibiza spliter

ive got a seat ibiza spliter and i obviously want to make it fit my car, how do i go about stickin it back together once ive cut it?
cheers
pete

DONT CUT IT IN HALF!!!!

It fits by cutting slits out the side so it isnt so ridged. Once it is flexible (keep cutting slits till flexy) enough to bend around to the shape of the bumper.

Whilst holding it in place get someone to trim down the ends so they dont touch the wheels.

Starting from the middle start bolting into place. You will need help on the bends as someone will need to hold it in place as you bolt.

Job done!!!

Kev

Kev

If you cut the trim at the top and bottom on the corners, this makes it flexible right?

but then, what do you bolt on?

cheers, wasnt really sure what i had to do. Will give it a go. am actually putting it on the rear bumper, u know if this makes it any different/harder to do?

cheers

Pete

I got 1 on the rear as well. Same principle but its got a tighter bend. You need to leave little parts on the bend to bolt through.

The exhaust cut out is a b**ch though.

Apart from that its no harder.

Kev

BMW 320d Sport

Kev where did you get yours from mate? The SEAT dealer in Southend almost had a seizure when I couldnt give him a Seat part number and said I wanted it for my own purposes. I need a Cordoba splitter.

Well I cut the hole corners off to get it to bend round properly - And its not too bad!

Only problem is, it looks a bit untidy round the ends under the wheel arches - as its open. Never mind, the mesh takes most of the attention away from it!

The bumper was the biggest pain to get off - i needed 3 new bolts as they had rusted so much I had to saw them off!

Nick, The Corboda splitter - is it the same or what? have u got any pictures?

Nice one mate!

To get mine on i didnt remove the bumper at all I just worked on it on the car.

Nick- I got mine from the Seat Dealers in Cambridge (Marshalls).
Told them I wanted a Ibiza splitter and within 2 minutes I had payed my £19. The bloke who worked there said that he had never sold 1 to a Seat owner!!!
I herd some Seat dealers will not sell 1 to non Seat owners for some reason.

Kev