ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 Track Car

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Proper job this mate.
So much so that you can also find me, Steve, stood proudly next to this machine looking forward to a good old meat and greet on Saturday.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Washing the engine bay has done me no favours

The spark plugs this morning:

200.gif

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
"I'll have a chill day tomorrow"

My car:

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.jpg

Stripped it back, only takes 2 mins to whip the inlet off but means moving the strut brace. Dried off all 4 plugs as they were all like this

200.gif

Dried them all out, blew them out and then checked that all spark plugs were tight, plug #3 needed a slight nip but wasnt loose. Put it all back together and it started proper popping and banging like f**k like itd installed a pop and bang map. Actually sounded like gunshots

20220714_120122.jpg

Stripped the inlet back off and realised I'd got the #3 HT lead on #4 plug like a dickhead. Swapped them back over and it fired up sound. Went for a drive and it was still spluttering slightly so gave it a good old Italian tune up🤣

Absolute c**t

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It did alright for itself at CSF. Unfortunately, the selector seal weeps so much that I had to clean down the underside of the car halfway through the day to avoid coating the entire chassis in box oil

All I cared about this year was making CSF and having a f**k about with mates in the car. It hung on for the day which was good but I deffo started to notice a greasy film up the back of the car which is a bit naughty. I'm just a bit disheartened now because I had planned to give it a shakedown at CSF, then get Cadwell booked with a few of the lads from Bwadfurrddd. But I'm not gonna even attempt to risk another day yet, not without getting the box sealed up. Thankfully @Louis pulled through and brought a litre of MTL with him so I could top it up. It took about 0.5l but I never actually filled the box the first time as the car was at a stupid angle as I was filling it.

I think all the additions have made this special now, it deffo goes alright. I struggled to keep up with @Daniel out of corners, him and his car weigh less than me and mine. I was right back on him in braking zones but then off he fucked again🤣🤣 I picked my battles wisely, I wasn't gonna f**k around with @JB21 for sure🤣

Once the Megane is finished, mapped and tested I'll be pulling the box and having it gone through, with any hope I can book some days in September and October. This weekend was wicked, and there's loads left in the car for it to be faster but I just wanted to take it easy rather than just cook it to death. The 205/45/15 AR1 were just immense, I think I managed to get them to start going 'off' once and even then they werent anywhere near being fried. The fronts are still on 4.5mm🤣 I never even bothered putting my titanium shims in either, next on the list is a proper splitter/undertray and proper naca ducts and hose to the calipers

Cheers to anyone that came over and said hi and I'm sorry if I didn't have time to chat as I was so busy going out in other people's cars or getting them in mine. Apologies to anyone that said they wanted passenger laps but never got one❤️

I'll add in any pics I find/buy from CSF. If anyone else snapped a pic drop it below

20220716_174841.jpg
20220716_174900.jpg
20220716_163659.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It’s a long shot, but check the plunger for reverse gear. It’s the 16mm socket sized but that the return to centre spring sits on.

I’ve seen them leak around the base, and because of where they are, you’d swear it’s the selector seal.

Like I say, long shot, but you don’t have to pull the box if it’s that.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It’s a long shot, but check the plunger for reverse gear. It’s the 16mm socket sized but that the return to centre spring sits on.

I’ve seen them leak around the base, and because of where they are, you’d swear it’s the selector seal.

Like I say, long shot, but you don’t have to pull the box if it’s that.
I'll be sure to check that mate, if it's that then happy days👍

Looked like it was going well mate(y)
Aye loads better since last time, no more 1 tyre fire and the car is so predictable with the roll centre kit. Still needs something more to keep up with the lighter cars out of the corners

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The roll correction kit makes a massive difference. The trophy feels the same on the Northloop kit, absolutely planted and solid compared to stock setup. I wanted a run out in yours as passenger but time just flew by, next time (y)

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The roll correction kit makes a massive difference. The trophy feels the same on the Northloop kit, absolutely planted and solid compared to stock setup. I wanted a run out in yours as passenger but time just flew by, next time (y)
Aye I had so many people down for passenger rides but tie literally passed so quick it was unreal. When I've got it fixed I'll book on at Croft and we'll have a f**k about Jon👍

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
More CSF pics. There's about 40 in total so just added a few of my favourites

KF1_2563.JPG
KF1_2815.jpg
KF1_2817.jpg
KF1_3318.JPG
KF2_1485.JPG
KF2_1742.JPG
KF2_9503.JPG

Since CSF there's been a slight leak on the cooling side (alongside the dribbly gearbox), the new hoses needed a heat cycle and the clamps had loosened slightly so needed a quick nip up.

20220801_103001.jpg

Rotated my airbox slightly too so that both trumpets are fully into the opening for fresh air

20220801_103158.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
More CSF pics. There's about 40 in total so just added a few of my favourites

View attachment 1605477View attachment 1605478View attachment 1605479View attachment 1605480View attachment 1605481View attachment 1605482View attachment 1605483

Since CSF there's been a slight leak on the cooling side (alongside the dribbly gearbox), the new hoses needed a heat cycle and the clamps had loosened slightly so needed a quick nip up.

View attachment 1605484

Rotated my airbox slightly too so that both trumpets are fully into the opening for fresh air

View attachment 1605485
Did you get ethan round to jizz on them hoses? @leeds2592

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Came out this morning, car threw out the STOP and battery light FFS

Went out when the sun came up to have a look and test. Not getting any charge from the alternator🙄 Tested at the battery and directly off the back of the alternator

Set about removing it, immediately snapped the terminal off the battery cable. Had to get major PMT (@Adey.) I cut a spare terminal off of a loom I had in the garage from an old derv Clio I ripped apart years ago. I don't have any rings in my sparky drawer

Ring terminal scavenged had to knock out the old copper cable

20221010_104157.jpg

Wouldn't fit without modification in the hand lathe...

20221010_104657.jpg

20221010_104624.jpg

Broke out the crimper

20221010_105931.jpg

Better termination than Renault has ever done

20221010_105957.jpg

HwangDongs finest

20221010_110029.jpg

Tidied the loom up, still need to strip this back one day as I don't have all the ancillaries the car came with

20221010_120433.jpg

Love this setup, belt is super small and nothing in the way, still doesn't stop you scraping your knuckles but so much easier

20221010_120439.jpg

Started the car, tested the voltage and it was 13V🫣 Turned it off and then got absolutely nothing and sits at 11.8V now

Turns out this alternator is probably fucked too because it makes a right whine, smells like it's gonna combust and gets up to about 200⁰C after about 30 seconds

Looks like £172 for a new one FFS🙄🤬

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Still working from home tomorrow then?

Worth pulling your other alternator apart and figuring out whats up.
One of them deffo needs a rectifier which are about £75 on their own if you can find one😭

I'm gonna get the one currently on the car rebuilt. Spoke to Tom earlier and he said he has his rebuilt and the last one was £120 for refurb🥶

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Wonder if the a diode pack off another similar alternator would fit? The brushes and bearings look pretty basic/common.
Yeah the brushes and bearings are a piece of piss to get hold of mate. There is another Valeo model very very similar but uses a single wire exciter on a post instead of a 2 pin connector

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Mind sharing where you found an alternator for £172? Likely going to have to replace mine shortly assuming it's my whine. Cheapest I could see was about £220.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Is it this one Kyle?
1665431172099.png

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00CVZUYR6/?tag=cliospnet01-21

1665431395241.png

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Is it this one Kyle?
View attachment 1615746

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00CVZUYR6/?tag=cliospnet01-21

View attachment 1615747