ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Rough cost- Parts

Booked in for both blet changes a week on friday and as i can get my mot done at that point (depending on time) i may get them to do the mot as well. The mot it self is only 30-50 quid but does anyone know roughly what may need replacing at this stage and rough prices. Its a 54 plate with 43k miles.

Im going to get two fromt tyres soon but at the moment there still okay. The brakes sound as if they may need replacing. Will normal brake pads do the job or am i better to request something up market?

Any other help is much appreciated.

Dude there is no possible way to tell from what youve said.

It might need loads of things but it might pass with flying colours.

Right. Yea i understand it might indeed not need anything but do you guys know rough ideas for brake pads or usual standard parts that need replacing at the mot?

Its getting done at "the-garage" in Motherwell. £480 inc vat for both using QH parts which are ment to be very good. It was the best price i could find nearish to me.

CS Dungeon
brake pads approx £40 plus fitting, I would worry about upgraded pads
bulbs £1 - £90
Shocks £100 each strut
Springs £100 for complete lowered set
CAT £200
Bearings £50 plus fitting

I could go on all day

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i personally wouldnt use QH parts - as i work for a motor factor i'd only recommend OE parts ie. LUK / INA /DAYCO etc.. or where possible if you can afford it - buy the renault belts genuine.

I had read from another poster on a thread that QH parts were of very good quality. Surley there cant be much difference?