ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup (T5MY G) & 172 Stealth (T5M YO)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: My 172 Cup (T5MY G) 191.2 Bhp & 173.4 Torque

Lol I'll check carefully then. Here's a pic of my old Saxo....
DSC01377.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Here's a quick acceleration video I did earlier. Induction noise is louder no the dash is out :)

[video=youtube_share;eFmNZ576MdM]http://youtu.be/eFmNZ576MdM[/video]

But on the way home it went into limp mode with the eml light on so another f**king problem to sort. Didn't get a chance to get the scales either soo will have to wait till tomorow

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Going to get a new throttle body to see if that cures the fault. On a plus side I got a big weight saving :)

I shed 31.9 kg's :) by removing full dash setup and front door cards etc.

Car was weighed at bang on 960kg by Northampton Motorsport on intercomp corner weighting scales before the removal of the extra bits. Car now weighs 928.1 kg's

My previous power to weight ratio was 198.96 per tonne

Now it's 205.82 per tonne which is a gain of 6.86 bhp for free :) fiberglass panels to come next to help get it too the magic 8** number.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Just paid for a throttle body off Chrispy clio :) so fingers crossed it will cure the fault

Great project

What was the weight saving of the dash and contents alone? This is next on my to do list.

Is your airbag light on, are you keeping it on or you getting it programmed out?

Just paid for a throttle body off Chrispy clio :) so fingers crossed it will cure the fault

The fault of applying the brakes and it drops RPM? mine idle's at 1100 when cold, but when i put the brake on it drops to 900rpm, Did cleaning help it at all?
What fixes it buying a new Throttle body or checking to see if the vacuum leaks :)?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Great project

What was the weight saving of the dash and contents alone? This is next on my to do list.

Is your airbag light on, are you keeping it on or you getting it programmed out?

cheers sonny it was about 26kg really good saving!

Yeah airbag light has been on since I did the seats with the per tensioners. The light doesn't bother me but you could take out the bulb or put black tape behind the lens to stop light shining through.

The fault of applying the brakes and it drops RPM? mine idle's at 1100 when cold, but when i put the brake on it drops to 900rpm, Did cleaning help it at all?
What fixes it buying a new Throttle body or checking to see if the vacuum leaks :)?

no didnt do anything cleaning it. The idle you have from cold is normal I think. If it was like mine at 2k or above then yes that would be a problem but 200rpm is nothing really that low in the rpm range. Check to see if the vacuum pipes are ok first but I'm pretty sure yours will be nothing to worry about.

26kg is very good! How much did the passenger air bag weight?

I has resisters in to turn to AB light off, however im at the point now where I just want to get rid of the whole system. Spoke to local MOT station and the new MOT law has not come into force yet (AB light on is a fail) as I thought the new MOT change had come in this year.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

The passenger airbag unit weighed 3.5 kg. hefty thing weighing as much as the dash metal brace. In just going to remove the bulb in mine :)

RB 182

That looks quite tidy with all of the metal frame removed! From memory when the dash was taken out of my track car, you had all sorts of wires and bits being reflected off the window, it got a bit annoying when driving. Might be worth spraying the metal work black and cover over the wires with black tape or a small cup racer style dash?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Thanks mate. Will be going through the loom once it's running again. Going to wrap the whole lot like I did in my Saxo.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Well still having trouble after fitting the tb. It now wont even register the throttle pedal ;( it also dosent register any revs on the speedo. when turning it over now its a b**ch to start. getting soooo fed up with it atm. Ordered an upstream lamba sensor and pedal from kat @ renparts. Really helpful and great price :) also ordered a febi crank sensor and will be pulling all of the fuses/relays out to check/clean. All will be tried this weekend and hopefully will get it running properly again!!!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Give you £50 for it

TTRS & V50

Hope you sort out the running problems.

With the weather getting better your going to have to do something top-dash wise to cope with glare.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Give you £50 for it

Lol it's tempting

Hope you sort out the running problems.

With the weather getting better your going to have to do something top-dash wise to cope with glare.

Thanks mate I hope so too lol. Just hope to f**k its not the loom/ecu/uch box. I'll see how I get on with the top dash. I never had problems with the Saxo but if I do in the clio I'll just spray that part matt black

A45 AMG 406BHP

whats the immobiliser light doing tom?

you ain't stripped any dash wiring down have you?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

I've not checked to be honest mate. Weirdly there was 3 wires where it looked like someone had wired something in but they looped it around the dash plastic. for me to remove the dash I had to snip the wire then reattach it. But when I reattached it, it drove fine for about 20 miles before throwing it into limp mode on the way home.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Got the bits through from renparts. Thanks again for the great service. Just phoned Renault about the bonnet catch recall and mine was checked in 2008 so carnt blag a new one even tho I'm getting aerocatches lol. Might give the clio it's first wash in 4 months if its lucky this weekend if she plays nice and starts :)

172 Cup & K20 Ph1

Just read the entire thread mate, looking great! I'm trying to save weight wherever I can, but still got the dash in at the moment. I've heard horror stories about cutting the loom (Like Ben) so I'm really not going to even bother.

Have you removed the alarm system?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers bud. Yeah heard alot about the loom but as long as its done properley it should be fine. I do want to get rid of the alarm. I'll have to find out if it affects in imob.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

looks well mate good to see the stickers have gone. love the no dash look get it nice and tidy and itll be great. im sure i bought a jp4 off of attero may be a different person tho.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Thanks mate, how have you been? how's the s1? Yeah I sold my Saxo to arron so you may have my old engine.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

im good ta, the s1 is still in need of attention lol. ah he said it was out of his ax was a while back need to sell it lol ill never use it.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Got some contact cleaner aswell for the fuse box/fuses. Going to go over everything!!!!!
5cd61f4f7aa3b63c99624e8ae36dcee9_zps54b52286.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Thanks chip, I know what you mean about the figures lol.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Not half aswell as yours lol. Yours it's stupidly quick! Would love that power :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

f**king car is still doing the same thing so I've lost all patience with it! Going to have to get it trailered somewhere ;(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Did you reset the codes when swapping body. Really you need to clear the dtc so it reaquires the limits etc.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

I didn't mate no ill get a code reader off a mate tomorow and see if it helps. It's really temperamental. When you turn the key sometimes it cranks over sometimes it does nothing then after about 10 or so goes it randomly starts but sticks at 2k. Really weird.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Today I fit the new crank sensor/loom, pedal and checked every relay and fuse and cleaned all of the them. Would resetting the codes make it start and idle properley?

RB 182

Are you sure it's not a bad earth or damaged loom when you removed the dash? It doesn't take much for a snagged wire to cause a fault code.

clio 172 phase 2
My 172 Cup (T5MY G) 191.2 Bhp & 173.4 Torque

Dont know if its the same thing mate but my throttle pedal was making my car play up simular faults too yours it wasnt making the car rev , i changed it was still the same , removed the fault code all was cured . Dont know of any off that will tie in with what your experiencing