ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 (new wheels and exhaust)

Megane Trophy
I had the exhaust fitted by race alloy back in october and havent had time to take pics of the system.

I also purchased some trophy alloys today and put them on.

I think the anthracite and black looks bloody sexual!

Gave the car a quick wash and now im back in love with her :D

http://images21.fotki.com/v577/photos/3/305956/3105165/DSC04582-vi.jpg?1172336247

http://images22.fotki.com/v520/photos/3/305956/3105165/DSC04575-vi.jpg?1172336123
http://images21.fotki.com/v517/photos/3/305956/3105165/DSC04579-vi.jpg?1172336185
http://images21.fotki.com/v517/photos/3/305956/3105165/DSC04586-vi.jpg?1172336277

Finchy ;)

Glacier White 197 Cup
U need to get a cup splitter on to finish the front. Change your yellow side repeaters to clear and get hold of a cup spoiler for finishing touches! Then it would be immence!

Megane Trophy
The car isnt lowered at all mate.

I wish i knew how to post pics rather than links from a fotki account. The forum guide is no help what so ever!

Cup splitter is something i fancy next, brakes need replacing too!

Nike Lunar Elite's
As said, clear/smoked repeaters, cup spoiler and splitter would finish that off great. You've got to love Trophy Turini's!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Quality Finchy.

All round top job. Alloys look great.

What type of exhaust is it. Looks tidy, I went for a stealth when mine dropped off. However that looks the mutts nuts cut into the bumper.

James

ps, nice number plate;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lovely mate. Cup splitter, spoiler, Repeaters and my four pots would finish that!! :)

looking good mate - exhaust sits nicely as well. got to agree about the side repeaters though - I know they are only a small thing but make a big difference - orange looks gash!
did you buy the wheels brand new?

1.8 Civic EX
sorry but I have to say I don't like the wheels against the black, other colours are fine...just makes them look like they should be black but they have faded...just my opionon mind...

exhaust look very nice though! any vids?

Megane Trophy
172.com - whats the point in spending the cash on an exhaust for a performance/better life gain when you cant see it. I think the stealth exhausts look awful on the 172 as it just doesnt make the rear look correct.

Mine done in the 182 style with the surround is the most factory fit look i have seen. And im my opinion is how they should have been made in the first place for aesthetic reasons

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Im loving the exhaust theres a 172 cup in stoke on trent somewhere with white wheels on with the same style exhaust cut in and i think it looks the nuts...by far the best for the 172 as i hate the magnex's that sit below the bumper!

172.com - whats the point in spending the cash on an exhaust for a performance/better life gain
You just answered your own question.

How can a stealth exhaust look awful? You can't see the damn thing lol. The only exhausts I like to see are dual ones, like the 182 or one on each side of the car, otherwise it's just another bland, horrible looking exhaust imo. As for the aesthetic reasons, you've just ruined that as now the back is no longer symmetrical, it was aesthetically pleasing before, you've just changed it's chi.

I agree with Rob.H though, it's a very good job and so much better than the exhausts that stick out the bottom of the bumper as that looks even worse!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Im loving the exhaust theres a 172 cup in stoke on trent somewhere with white wheels on with the same style exhaust cut in and i think it looks the nuts...by far the best for the 172 as i hate the magnex's that sit below the bumper!

what wheels did it have?

Megane Trophy
172.com - whats the point in spending the cash on an exhaust for a performance/better life gain
You just answered your own question.

How can a stealth exhaust look awful? You can't see the damn thing lol. The only exhausts I like to see are dual ones, like the 182 or one on each side of the car, otherwise it's just another bland, horrible looking exhaust imo. As for the aesthetic reasons, you've just ruined that as now the back is no longer symmetrical, it was aesthetically pleasing before, you've just changed it's chi.

I agree with Rob.H though, it's a very good job and so much better than the exhausts that stick out the bottom of the bumper as that looks even worse!

i paid £400 for my system and some work on the cat. It has a lifetime guarantee and sounds the bollox and throttle response has improved greatly. Look at every other car there is has an exhaust to one side of the car, so your saying thats wrong and they need one each side?? I really dislike the twin exit ones either side.

Its all personal preference :approve:

C250 AMG & 172 Cup

what wheels did it have?

I really arent sure mate, ive seen it knocking about a couple of times. There not turinis's though, they look like some kind of speedline wheels possibly.....i only caught a glimpse of the car!!