ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Trophy

Clio Sport 172
Saw you today at Diamond Motors, your car looks really neat! Really stands out (handy for following a fellow Clio to Diamond Motors!) and looks very well cared for :)

Not posted on here for a long time but I still have the car. Had a few good years of using it as my daily but sadly it's been sat for over the a year due to lack of funds from moving house. Now looking at putting it back on the road and enjoying it once again. Treated it to some new mintex brake pads as I hated the brembo ones, and just waiting on a battery arriving. Only thing is now I've got a leaky damper, so will need to address that next
9084d807b83998483756feb0510513c8.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Not been on here properly for a number of years. Still got the Trophy, but I must admit I've been in a constant debate of whether to keep or sell. It's been fairly low on the priority list since buying a house which needed renovating.

Just been away to Brighton to watch the speed trials, and it's sparked my general interest in cars again.

Over the past 4 years the Trophy has been my second car, but I've had a run of bad luck / never got the balance quite right with my other car.

51 plate 1.2 punto - written off (someone pulled out on me)
02 plate 1.9 GT Tdi golf - written off (uninsured 'pool car' crashed into it on the street)
55 plate 1.4 Fiesta - hated it

Now I've just bought a 2010 Corsa SE auto. Only done 44,000 miles and is in really good condition. Hopefully should be comfy enough to get me to work and back.

So for now I think it makes sense to keep the Trophy for a bit longer. I know with it being a cat d I won't get any decent money out of it to buy anything else. Just needs a bit of attention on the exterior

Picture_20190912_195132447.jpg

Had a productive weekend and the Trophy got some attention.

Bought some touch up paint to try and make some of the worst stone chips less noticeable.

IMG_20190913_192152.jpg

Decided to go back to a more standard look on the outside - put the original rear badge, door bullets and clear side repeaters back on. Ordered a new front badge and just waiting for that to arrive.

The carbon washer blanks had really bad lacquer peel. My fella is going to try and wrap them for me to get of an 'original' finish. If that fails might just end up painting them black.

He also polished up one of the headlights, and sorted out the front bumper alignment. Here's a few pics after it had a quick wash.

IMG_20190915_114706.jpg
IMG_20190915_114715.jpg
IMG_20190915_114728.jpg
IMG_20190915_114800.jpg

I also went on to give it a bit of a further clean. Just used Meguiars cleaner wax, some window cleaner and a bit of Simoniz back to black.

The plan is to get a clay bar and some AD purple rain and go over everything properly again. If anyone has got any suggestions for a good plastic cleaner / restorer please let me know. I'm particularly struggling to make the front grille look any better as it's a bit faded.

IMG_20190915_164007.jpg
IMG_20190915_164020.jpg

IMG_20190915_164044.jpg

IMG_20190915_164058.jpg
IMG_20190915_164112.jpg

Had a productive weekend and the Trophy got some attention.

Bought some touch up paint to try and make some of the worst stone chips less noticeable.

View attachment 1433709

Decided to go back to a more standard look on the outside - put the original rear badge, door bullets and clear side repeaters back on. Ordered a new front badge and just waiting for that to arrive.

The carbon washer blanks had really bad lacquer peel. My fella is going to try and wrap them for me to get of an 'original' finish. If that fails might just end up painting them black.

He also polished up one of the headlights, and sorted out the front bumper alignment. Here's a few pics after it had a quick wash.

View attachment 1433700View attachment 1433701View attachment 1433702View attachment 1433703

I also went on to give it a bit of a further clean. Just used Meguiars cleaner wax, some window cleaner and a bit of Simoniz back to black.

The plan is to get a clay bar and some AD purple rain and go over everything properly again. If anyone has got any suggestions for a good plastic cleaner / restorer please let me know. I'm particularly struggling to make the front grille look any better as it's a bit faded.

View attachment 1433704View attachment 1433705
View attachment 1433706
View attachment 1433707View attachment 1433708

Are they real carbon fibre badge covers you had or wrapped/dipped?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome back Deb

Only just clicked this is you after talking about the washer blanks!

Glad to see you still have the car and are starting to get the love back.

Ben

Welcome back Deb

Only just clicked this is you after talking about the washer blanks!

Glad to see you still have the car and are starting to get the love back.

Ben
Thank you :)

I was saying to Paul that I wasn't sure if you realised it was me lol.

I've seen you quite a few times on my way home from work, but I've always been in the Fiesta. Feel like I'm really starting to enjoy driving the Clio again now.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Hehe, yeah name change on here threw me!

And yeah my old shed is still daily duties so still to be regularly found stomping the Derbyshire roads!