ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 200sx s14a

Evo 6, E92 320d
Theres zero fading which is a bonus, thinks the rear has seen paint though.
Small update, got a few bits in the post, some cler side repeaters, hid kit and recirculating dump valve.
S6300767.jpg

S6300765.jpg

Hoping to fit these tomorrow all being well.
Also slight change of plans with the car, i have just been given a promotion at work managing a new store they have opened, which means my commute has grown a bit making the 200 very expensive to run day to day. I have decided to get something like a golf diesel and keep the 200 as a weekend/evening car.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Running 350z calipers? Great brakes. Friend is running the full Nur Spec system with de-cat, elbow and Apexi manifold, sounds amazing. Didnt you have remote locking? Master key?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Alarm was removed at some point in the past, i've decided on getting Barry at safe 'n' sound to fit a toad ai606 in a couple weeks time.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Running 350z calipers? Great brakes. Friend is running the full Nur Spec system with de-cat, elbow and Apexi manifold, sounds amazing. Didnt you have remote locking? Master key?

apexi dont make manifolds for the sr20... you mean apex and there for really its xspower re branded to apex lol.

re circ is for girls though lol! pigeon is where its at lol :p

Evo 6, E92 320d
Not had much to report on lately as the car has been driving me 80 miles a day to work, it's performed faultlessly just a little noisey. My main gripe is the rate it drinks fuel, the cost was about £70+ a week :( , anyway i decided to buy a commuter, 2002 Ford Focus 1.6 zetec (3 door). This means i can start doing some real work on the car.
Fitted the recirc kit but think i am going to take it off, pidgeon mod sound so much nicer. Today i stripped down the front end to get the numberplate brick off, and also to start repainting the bumper. After i cleaned up behind the bumper and headlights it all looks nice and tidy.
S6300798.jpg

Noticed a slight crack on the manifold a while back so i removed the heatwrap to get a proper look, not good:(, the crack goes almost the way round.
S6300797.jpg

Due to the location of the crack i am going to replace the manifold.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Tomei manifold looks pricey, but very nice.
Got the recirc hose from Horsham developments, £14.99 i think, just give Jez a call as it's not listed on the site.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
jez's mani is nice... but if you can afford it the tomei is worth it.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Bumper repainted and square plate fitted :D
S6300800.jpg

S6300799.jpg

Came out pretty good considering it was done with spray cans, just got to repaint the grill as its a bit off.
Started to pc the car, got the drivers side and bonnet done then my pad fell apart, so need to order in a new one. However looking at the car under direct sun shows i only achieved about 60% correction, so i need to give it another pass.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Shame I can't use the Tomei with my all in one elbow & downpipe.

erm why? the downpipe goes on the turbo not the mani?! it keeps the turbo in the same place as you can use stock downpipes with them....

and the difference between ebay mani's and tuner ones... well the ebay ones are EXACTLY the same as the apex performance ones, pretty much anything that is 2fast2cool or xspower is the same as apex performance stuff however bren will tell you that all his products are stronger blablabla but its all bullshit! he complained to the company that the ss wasnt thick enough on the runners, they changed them on all the mani's they produce...

difference between them and a hks or tomei well... price there is a huge difference and i have seen 700 quid hks mani's with cracks in them... every ss mani will crack if un supported with weight on them... however the more expensive mani's are flowed better and designed better the ebay jobs are copy's.....

Evo 6, E92 320d
Couple more bits arrived, jumped on the opie oils offer and got some Fuchs Titan, plus an oil filter and magnetic sump plug from driftworks ( they give you maoam :)).
S6300813.jpg

Stainless manifold to replace the cracked one, just waiting on a nissan turbo gasket to turn up than I may give it a go this weekend.
S6300814.jpg

Evo 6, E92 320d
Took off the recirculating valve, took about 5 minutes and now it sounds much better again, the chattering followed by the pop from the exhaust is addictive once more:D

erm why? the downpipe goes on the turbo not the mani?! it keeps the turbo in the same place as you can use stock downpipes with them....

Parts Shop Max state you can't use a Tomei Extreme Manifold with their all in one elbow & downpipe as it pushes it too far back.

if you have the tomei expreme manifold, that will push the turbo back towards the firewall and cause this pipe to hit the transmission
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?19

Back onto Chris' car, it's coming along nicely now mate :)