ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 225 Updates

BMW M135i
Been adding a few touches to the 225 and thought i'd update you lot.

First thing was refitting a standard airbox with an itg filter and a samco inlet and boost hose:

03072008084.jpg

03072008077.jpg

03072008085.jpg

03072008086.jpg

And some goodridge lines and castrol srf fluid to really sharpen the brembos up. Crap pic but meh.

27062008071.jpg

Then followed by dumping the k-tec dump valve (har har) and replacing it with a forge one and a blanking plate for the orignial recirc. All the air/boost hoses are black now with is nice too as the blue k-tec elbow stood out a bit.

CIMG1008.JPG

CIMG1011.JPG

CIMG1014.JPG

Finally got hold of my alpine adapter so chucked all my 9887R back in with the bluetooth adapter, ipod, sub, front comps, amp for the sub and speakers. Have since changed the original changer for a pocket as you can only use it with the standard hu.

02072008073.jpg

02072008076.jpg

And yesterday as the lack of exhaust noise was killing me fitted a miltek cat-back system, its bloody lovely tbh just the right noise and the quality and fit it spot on.

CIMG0991.JPG

CIMG0993.JPG

CIMG0996.JPG

Quick vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn9PIPdes08

Next stop, forge intercooler and remap time :D.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I tell you what the 'bays on the RenaultSports are absolutley crammed!

Looking good mate, you doing the work yourself buddy?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Nice mate, some good work there.
A mate from work got a 225 Trophy on Weds but not seen it yet, I'm dying to have a go!

BMW M135i

Yep wouldn't let anyone else touch it tbh. How I love exhaust fitting with just jacks and stands :dapprove:, this one was fooking massive compared to the clio too as the cat is in the bay. Oh yes its mega mega crammed, anything major to do with the turbo is an engine out job!

1.2 Extreme
Looks top notch fella.

Whats your views on the headunit? Fancy one myself, might push the boat out.

A Euro'd one...
I absolutely love the 225's. As much I feel that i want to move away from the Renault brand and get something German, I know im still going to end up with a Meggy 225 next.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Kudos on exhaust fitting yourself! That's some dedication. I'm lazy an just go to my local Hi-Q, they swap an exhaust over for £10-15. Well, I don't really have the drive (ours is stones right round) or equipment for it either.

Although last time on my Vee it was £25 cos it took them an hour nearly! They let you watch and the guy was just being ultra careful with it. It was was a K-Tec polished backbox and afterwards he said he was terrified about damaging it, or marking it or the bumper at all hence why he was takin so long. And he spent about 20 minutes adjusting it (it was the gen2 K-Tec box) so it sat perfectly central in the holes in the bumper.

BMW M135i
I don't think exhaust fitting is too bad tbh, take a lot longer to do it without a lift and you can only go so high and your working on your back but you can take your time and I know its been done right and I can tweak it how I want. No matter who it was i'd struggle to let anyone work on my cars, guess i'm just anal like that lol :eek:.

Looks top notch fella.

Whats your views on the headunit? Fancy one myself, might push the boat out.

Headunit is spot on the ipod intergration is very well thought through and the SQ is even better than the 9855R that it replaced. Additions like the bluetooth module and the excellently done stalk/screen adapter only sweeten it.

Looking good Ben :)

I see your liking Boooooost! lol Can't wait to get some in my life. When are you getting FMI and remap?

BMW M135i
Pass, intercooler in the next few weeks but not sure how to go about the remap tbh as the rstuning remote remap box is another £200 on top of the 300 for a remap so need to make my mind up how much I want the flexibility. Bit surprised that fastchip don't do a map with the rstuner as thats good value but the rstuning maps do seem to be the dogs.

Got to get some new tyres as well at some point soon too so they'll be another 500 or so. Shouldn't have been so enthunastic when I went the IOM :dapprove: lol, 235/40/18s ftl give me my £45 195s back!

BMW M135i
And now courtesy of RStuning :D

225_remap_dyno.jpg

Not a bad figure at all managed the highest out of the 7 that went today with the meganesport group buy anyway so i'm all happy :D. Has highlighted the fact that I am in serious need of new injectors (common fault) as the power tails off after 5k as it runs lean and the ignition advance is pulled back dropping power like a stone. So i'll be banging on renaults door at 9am monday morning then, its under warrenty but I don't know if they'll change them as no faults are logged and i'm not sure I trust them anyway. So that'll be 200 sheets lighter then I guess :dapprove:.

Cupra
Nice result. If I wasn't planning on getting shot of mine at some point, I would definitely go do the RSTuning remap. Exhaust sounds nice too.

BMW M135i
Good stuff mate.

Which Alpine adaptor is that???
Tis an Alpine APF-D102RE, for the update list canbus display/steering controls. Dead hard to get hold of but so well polished with an alpine headunit that supports the red version of vehicle display interface.

182 for sale £7000

Yep wouldn't let anyone else touch it tbh. How I love exhaust fitting with just jacks and stands :dapprove:, this one was fooking massive compared to the clio too as the cat is in the bay. Oh yes its mega mega crammed, anything major to do with the turbo is an engine out job!

not entirely true is do able with the engine in and its even tighter with that same engine in a espace did a turbo on 1them and a laguna wit the same engine just take the o/s driveshaft out and all the supporting brackets its tight but can be done

BMW M135i
Gave it a quick rinse yesterday and chucked some stickers on that I wanted to try and snapped some randoms, was clean yesterday but i've been to work since so its had a nice dusting of coal dust :dapprove:.

CIMG1402.JPG

CIMG1396.JPG

CIMG1398.JPG

:D

CIMG1406.JPG

CIMG1413.JPG

:hail:

CIMG1408.JPG

White R26/Stripped Valver
I love that boost sticker lol.

So hows the car drive now with the map and intercooler?

BMW M135i
Does look awesome through the grill is way more obvious that I thought it would be just hope it doesn't dull down so quick as its never getting polished in there!