ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 197 Turbo

Clio Turbo
Hi there,

After my first Boosted Lunar Grey Clio 200 (Forged R26 engine, 300bhp)

0775-3f35890.jpg

pict0046-2--3f35899.jpg

img_0247-3f3589f.jpg

I'm coming back with a new one. This time it's a Clio 197 :

photo-1-3f35a4b.jpg

photo-2-3f35a59.jpg

img_4425-3f35ba7.png

Sport Cat
Custom Exhaust
Custom Intercooler
Forge Dump Valve
Megane R26 engine and Gearbox

The car was already swapped when I bought it. But I had to do it again because that day I bought the car, It seems that I was blind :(

Lot of oil in the back of the car, coolant in the rear diffuser

img_4434-3f35ab4.jpg

img_4438-3f35ac5.jpg

img_4453-1--3f35adb.jpg

Screws missing, lots of things not tied up

img_4440-3f35aef.jpg

photo-3f35c12.jpg

Decat

img_4441-1--3f35b07.jpg

Cambelt (supposed to be 1 years old and 5000 miles)

img_4448-1--3f35b1b.jpg

img_4446-1--3f35b24.jpg

Water pump was made on 01/2005 !!!

The two axles where dead

img_4457-3f35b37.jpg

And other things where going wrong.

So I decided to replace the engine (the new one is 7000m !!!), Turbo (7000m), brand new axles, Auxiliary electric pump (it was missing from the previous engine), new injectors, spark plugs, Sport Cat...

After 4 days of hard work the car was finally rebuilt !

Now it's Racetrack ready :evil:

photo-3-3f35a82.jpg

Attachments

• photo-3-3f35a82.jpg
    photo-3-3f35a82.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 194
  Clio Turbo
Thanks mate !

Wanted something different ! I was missing comfort ! But the principal reason is that before, I was living in France, and swap is illegal ! So every time I was seeing policemen I was scared !!! :S

Suzuki Jimny
Haha Hero!

The red one was recently in performance french car magazine, supposedly built to a high standard...

Clio Turbo
Yes I loved my Lunar Grey Clio ! But was to risky to drive it in France :(

Yes that's a shame but I'm responsible of it ! I should have check it better than I did ! The only thing wich piss me off is the cam belt which was supposed to be 1 year old and finally was approximately 8 years old. All the engine supposed to be rebuilt last year but finally it seems that it wasn't !

Still need to do some improvements. 70mm exhaust, Megane coolant radiator, Oz ultrallegera, Recaro sportsters. It's going to be great :p I hope :clown:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Your last one looked awesome!

Shame about the issues on the red one but sounds like you will turn it around. They look great in red.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Glad you have sorted the red one out, should think its a fantastic car now.

Are you at bedford next friday for the renaultsport evening?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Both look fantastic, especially the LG 200. Enjoy the new 197!

Where abouts in France you from? Some awesome roads and scenery in France

Clio Turbo
Thanks guys ! I'm not coming at Bedford, I'm working on a restaurant at the moment so haven't got any evenings off !

I come from Britanny ! Yes there is lots of awesome roads in France, in England too :p But it seems to be quite dangerous to drive fast because roads are very narrow. So English racetracks will be great:clap:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Kris darks old one. Lol at calling that comfy... Iirc it has a bucket seat inside. And that's it.

i was under the impression it was well built too :dapprove: ah well, at least you've sorted it :)

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Pics of full engine build are on my thread proving it has had a complete rebuild, also once it was stripped bare why would I re use the old cambelt?
That's what you get for using genuine belts, ahold of banged a continental on, yes car has had some faults mainly because it got used everyday both on road and track, as I always said its not perfect and that was to be expected, I was unaware of leaks of any kind but oil level was always correct as well as coolant so I wouldn't really be looking for any, glad it's all sorted now though anyway as it is a great car, the car was always built to a high standard and no corners cut the only bit that concerns me is that the shaft bolt missing?,

Clio Turbo
Hi Kris,

I bought a swapped car, so it was obvious that it could have had some problems. But that's much much more than I expected. Only two miles after leaving your place, first problem, I couldn't accelerate because of misfiring. After changing the fuel pump it was all right. Cruise control ? Not working (my fault I should have try it when I checked the car), but that's all right I know what is the problem ! For those two points all right, I trust you about the fact that you never had any problems ;-)

But the next day, oil on my car park, on the back of the car, coolant on the rear diffuser, car was overheating after just 10 minutes of slow drive. The fan was turning on every time (at 103 104° and it should have turned on at 98°, but for that it's ok, it was electrical problem and was a bit complicated, I needed 5 hours to make it work correctly).

For the axles, I didn't noticed any noise neither , so that's all right for that too. There was a big slack on both of them so it was going to be dead soon.

But what I still can't explain the cambelt and aux... Everything was in bad conditions, the water pump has been made on 01/2005, so don't tell me that you change it !

img_4444-3f3a654.jpg

img_4445-3f3a65c.jpg

img_4449-3f3a661.jpg

I spent 3000£ to repair the car. Now it's all right, that's the most important thing ;-)

Audi A5
Epic car! I'll be keeping an eye on this one.Sorry if I missed it, but do you live in the UK now or are you still in france?

Audi A5
As for the water pump issue, it may have been made in 05 but it could of just sat on a Renault parts shelf for a few years until kris used it for the rebuild. Just a thought.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
There's no way those belts are only a year old. They are in a worse condition that the 5.5 year old ones i took off mine a couple of weeks ago!

Clio Turbo
Yes, even if the water pump was put on the car years after it's been made, the belts would have never been in those conditions ! both of the belts are not only worn but damaged ! But now I've got new ones on my engine so everything is all right ! But the previous belts could have broke at any moment...!

That's good to hear, where abouts? P.s you need to change Your location: ;) <<<<<<<<

​Done ! I live in Cheltenham !

RenaultSport 182FF
I was wanting one of these in maybe a years time, I can't buy one now :(
Imagine two in Gloucestershire :eek:

Let me know when its up for sale ;)

Last edited:
  Clio Turbo
You're from Cheltenham too, great ! I don't think I've ever saw your car around ! Before the Clio I owned a LY Megane R26 ;-)

I just checked where is castle combe racetrack and it's quite near from my place ! I think I'll be able to come on the saturday !

FF Clio 200 Cup
Definitely come mate! Get on he stand. Be good to see one, something I'm considering in the future!

Clio Turbo
I'll definitely try to come for the FCS ;-)

I built the previous one by myself. Paint job, swap, everything !

img_0084-2b622d0.jpg

p1010354-2b622e1.jpg

img_0504-2b626fa.jpg

img_0517-2b62741.jpg

img_0529-2b6275c.jpg

I'm using Megane ECU and Megane Loom. But you need to do changes on the loom and use a part of Clio loom !

Megane 275 trophy006
Stunning, simply stunning.
seen pictures of that 200 before and I have much love for it.

you have a lot of skills. Wish I could do 1/10th of what you can :)