ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 197 Turbo

RenaultSport 182FF
You're from Cheltenham too, great ! I don't think I've ever saw your car around ! Before the Clio I owned a LY Megane R26 ;-)

I just checked where is castle combe racetrack and it's quite near from my place ! I think I'll be able to come on the saturday !

Indeed :) You will have to attend one of the local meets, would be nice to meet a new face :) I can't say I have ever seen you around either.
Shhh don't rub it in ;)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Thanks guys ! I'm not coming at Bedford, I'm working on a restaurant at the moment so haven't got any evenings off !

I come from Britanny ! Yes there is lots of awesome roads in France, in England too :p But it seems to be quite dangerous to drive fast because roads are very narrow. So English racetracks will be great:clap:

Goodstuff , my parents moved to France around ten years ago so I get over quite regularly. The nearest big town near them is Niort.

Some great roads near them and ill be using their mk1 mx5, I'm there next week actually can't wait :cool:

Great work on that 200 btw!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Awesome skills mate. . I don't understand why you bought it . I'd of built my own from scratch if I had your ability. .

Clio Turbo
I don't have any place in England to work on my car, that's why I bought a swapped one ! And finally...!!!

But I'm thinking about selling it this year and buy a Clio 200 to put a Megane 3 engine. Clio 200 begin to be affordable and there is lots of Megane 3 engines to sell in France ! The most difficult will be to find a ND0 020 gearbox ! Because the Megane 3 PK4 don't fit !

Indeed :) You will have to attend one of the local meets, would be nice to meet a new face :) I can't say I have ever seen you around either.
Shhh don't rub it in ;)

Where can I check when is the next meeting ! Would love to come ! Still don't know lot of people in england, just moved 4 month ago :S

Goodstuff , my parents moved to France around ten years ago so I get over quite regularly. The nearest big town near them is Niort.

Some great roads near them and ill be using their mk1 mx5, I'm there next week actually can't wait :cool:

Great work on that 200 btw!

Yes lot of beautiful roads in France ! Racetracks too are great, especially in the center of France :D

Very skillful indeed.

Do you use the clio uch?

With time and good people around you, everyone can do it !

Yes I'm using Clio UCH. The only electronic "things" from the Megane are the loom and ECU !

Clio Turbo
At the moment I'm working on puting Megane 3 RS Monitor on the Clio !

Not really useful but funny challenge !

Audi A5
How do you get the clio uch to connect with the megane ecu? I was under the impression that when the meg ecu is coded to the meg uch (immobiliser etc) it cant be coded to another uch, I.e the clio uch?

Do you do anything on clip like configure setting etc or do you use other software?

Does the meg loom and ecu all plug and play with the clio wiring or do you need to cut an solider different wires?

Sorry for all the questions, its just this is something I really would love to do but I'm struggling to find out exactly how the wiring an management goes.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Love this! I'm glad you've got it running sweet now too.

I'd love to do the conversion with a 197. What's the rough prices? PM me if you prefer :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That 200 looks great!
Nice 197 too :)

Glad everything's sorted on it now, sounds like you had a spot of bad luck :(

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Do you know why they come up for sale that much?(250 engine)

Pretty curious on the next one!

Clio Mk3 TCe
I'll definitely try to come for the FCS ;-)

I built the previous one by myself. Paint job, swap, everything !

img_0084-2b622d0.jpg

p1010354-2b622e1.jpg

img_0504-2b626fa.jpg

img_0517-2b62741.jpg

img_0529-2b6275c.jpg

I'm using Megane ECU and Megane Loom. But you need to do changes on the loom and use a part of Clio loom !

Great job mate! looks fantastic and the grey colour is wicked!!!! I am thinking maybe of doing the swap also, did you use the Clio Rs front axles or from megane?
Also, what part of the clio loom you need?

Have great rides and lots of fun!!