ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio will not start no spark no fuel pump red light soild on the dash please help

clio 1200 8v
Hi i am new to this so sorry if its in the wrong section. The story goes like this, I brought a clio mark 2 phase 2 2002 1200 8v with a snapped cam belt. I brought the car off a family member so i know that the car ran ok before the belt snapped. The only issiue it used to have was sometimes it would 'hunt' like a air leak on idle this only happen twice. once the belt had snapped there was still a spark and it still turned over fine. I removed the battery to start work. i took the head off bent valves etc as you can imagin. I sent the head off for a rework got new bolts, head gasket, service kit and did all that while i was at it. The whole process took me about 2 months fitting it around work and family. Now this is the problem i have reconnected battery on the dash one red flashing light, turn the key to postion 2 everything works lights cd player etc, soild red light on the dash which i think is the immobileiser light. Turn the key to start nothing. :mad: The fuel pump is not priming. If you turn the key to start quick it will turn over for about 2 to 3 seconds theres is no fuel or spark.

This is the list of things i have done
locked and unlocked
i have the immobileiser over ride key i cant get that to work
i have tried leaving the key in the ignation
i have tried switching the ignation on waiting for 30 seconds etc
also key in the ingation disconnecting waiting and the reconnecting the battery
fuel pump works if i run a feed to it
i have cleaned the tdc sensor and wireing
i have checked engine earths cleaned and reconnected
holding the button on the key while trying to start
moving the 3 black relays under the bonnet
checked fuses

it seems to me that the car is immobileised i only have one key but i took the chip out of the key and the light on the dash flashed like mad and would not turn over. any ideas now would be great because i am out of them. could the battery being off for 2 months upset the car? :(

Re: My clio will not start no spark no fuel pump red light soild on the dash please h

Key may need recoding to the car/ecu as it may of lost its code somehow , you need to get it plugged into a clip somehow , I had a similar problem when I changed clutch on my old 172 , was down to a wire not being bolted back onto chassis ! You havent forgot to connect all the grounds up to the chassis have you , like I did with mine ! Not sure where they are located but is the same on a clio's I think ! Do a search on here and there should be info where they are located as it sounds exact the same as what happened to mine

clio 1200 8v
Re: My clio will not start no spark no fuel pump red light soild on the dash please h

umm yes i may of forgotten to connect a earth the only one i remember taking off is one on the coil pack this is back were it should be. from doing some research i think the keys is ok because the light is not flashing.

BMW M135i

Could stil be the key. Flashing light is immobisiler error but solid is cannot authenticate, but this could be for several reasons.

clio 1200 8v

thanks for the replys i have left the key in the car for 2 hours nothing, i have checked all earths cleaned and all connections still the same?

Ford fiesta St + 182

My clio does that sort of thing about once a month, really anoying, i have been told its the key? but when I put it in gear then start it, it works fine?

clio 1200 8v

thanks for the replys i have left the key in the car for 2 hours
nothing, i have checked all earths cleaned and all connections still the
same?

Have you found a guide on where all the earth points are as I thought there was only one but there wasn't !