ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Engine bay revamp!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Spent a couple of days painting the engine bits & good clean up!.pretty pleased with the outcome,so thought whack some photos up!
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Really good work, I did see this earlier on IG.

Do you have any pics of the steps you took? I'm mainly interested in how you cleaned/painted the "rocker covers".

Tom

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Really good work, I did see this earlier on IG.

Do you have any pics of the steps you took? I'm mainly interested in how you cleaned/painted the "rocker covers".

Tom
_+
Sorry mate i dont,I only have a photo of the inlet off when i painted it.Its pretty simple,just clean the rocker cover with degreaser or something like that,wire brush all over.Then paint mate,i just sprayed the paint into the lid and did it with a brush as i didnt want to take out the leads etc.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That looks amazing !
Would look so good with one of those Marc R battery covers

RB Clio 182
Looks great mate, as above, a new coolant bottle and a new air filter by the looks of it.

What leads you running? Magnecor?

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
_+
Sorry mate i dont,I only have a photo of the inlet off when i painted it.Its pretty simple,just clean the rocker cover with degreaser or something like that,wire brush all over.Then paint mate,i just sprayed the paint into the lid and did it with a brush as i didnt want to take out the leads etc.

That's the part I'm unsure about. Mine has already been painted badly so I was worried about old paint flaking and falling down the spark plug holes. I have a few days off over Christmas so I may look to give it a lick of paint.

Cheers

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
That's the part I'm unsure about. Mine has already been painted badly so I was worried about old paint flaking and falling down the spark plug holes. I have a few days off over Christmas so I may look to give it a lick of paint.

Cheers

Just block the spark plug holes mate or if you have an old set of ht leads about stick them on as wont matter if you get paint on them or damaged.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Just block the spark plug holes mate or if you have an old set of ht leads about stick them on as wont matter if you get paint on them or damaged.

I suppose when you think about it you won't see the holes so not an issue if not that neat around the hole.

What paint did you use on both the inlet and covers?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Also what paint did you use on your engine mount bolts @MrBlonde ?

Paint wise i just used paint from ecp mate.But you can use any spray paint really tho if you want a different colour,maybe use Halfords paint as they have more of a choice?,depends what colour scheme your after.More about the prep of it i guess,like making the surface clean for the paint to stick.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Paint wise i just used paint from ecp mate.But you can use any spray paint really tho if you want a different colour,maybe use Halfords paint as they have more of a choice?,depends what colour scheme your after.More about the prep of it i guess,like making the surface clean for the paint to stick.

Perfect, I didn't know if you used High Temp paint or "normal stuff". I'll get together a few bits over the next week to give it a go over Christmas.

Another question, how did you know what size bolts you required for the slam panel, inlet cover, etc?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect, I didn't know if you used High Temp paint or "normal stuff". I'll get together a few bits over the next week to give it a go over Christmas.

Another question, how did you know what size bolts you required for the slam panel, inlet cover, etc?

I bought a set off ebay for the slam panel bolts,the inlet ones are the old ones just painted mate.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
hows best to paint the inlet without painting the lettering?

Try this mate,i covered the lettering in vaseline and swiped off once sprayed!.or once paint is dry,just use a blade to pick it off,comes off easy.I would say tho,sand down the lettering etc first tho.