ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY EP3

Black enkeis look good on a NHB. Standard wheels look mint clean.

Get them ceramic coated, so much better.

Ill keep standard and just get spacers to fit my 4pots/stop techs/spoons

Last edited:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
IF they did an 18" Version of the stock wheel that would be amazing.

Thing is, I love after market Wheels. TE37's and CE28N's are amazing. BUT I genuinely think the EP3 is one of those cars where the stock wheels suit it so well. I could jusify spending the £2k+ on a set of CE28N's in bronze, but I dont think they suit a Cosmic EP3 as well as the stock wheels in the stock colour?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Cant tell if I like this or not

6372_125392497582_515792582_2857026_7019271_n.jpg

fez

Clio 182 cup
I thinnk the darker wheels on cosmic are more subtle seems to blend in. not a fan of silver on some dark colours

Swift Sport
If that's the same one I saw at a show last year it looks nothing like Racing Blue in real life. I was disappointed very much.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Racing Blue is a girls colour anyway.

Cant believe people think Enkeis look good. They look terrible on an Evo, and even worse on the Civic IMO, but hey

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
They've only painted it and put a Mugen Splitter on it, not the end of the world?

The back may have a Spoiler too?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Yea, looks terrible IMO dont suit it at all. And thats one of the nicer ones.

Its like when I see 18s on an E46 M3 (yes I know the 18s are better all round), or a FN2 without the 19" Rage wheels, just dont look right to me.

Plus everyone has them!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Right had a crack at the detailing today...

Now the weather was terrible in terms of getting any decent shots, So I didnt bother with pics of the car..... HOWEVER I will make some comments.

Here was the Arsenal:

6ab7ee88.jpg

And I already had a fair amount of detailing stuff anyway. Wasnt aware I had all this till I sorted it all out!

c63faa4f.jpg

I woke up pretty early (11am, but I was working pretty late last night so) and went to Greggs to get some food. My buckets haven't turned up yet, so I went to the local hardware store and picked up 2 buckets. I've never done the 2 Bucket Method but I thought I'd give it a try.

I spent a bit of time reading through peoples details on the forum, and noticed people cleaned the wheels first. I always did it last, but I thought I'd give this a try.

My Wheels aren't in the greatest of condition (hence me banging on about a refurb for 12 pages), So I havent really took much care of them. But Today, I decided to do them first. I Jet Washed them, sprayed some Meguiars Hot Wheels and worked it in with a brush, then rinsed them off. I then went at them again with Auto Fineese Citrus Power, and they have came up pretty well, but still in need of the refurb!

So I washed the car as normal, using the 2 Bucket Method, a Lambswool Mitt, and Valet Pro Posideon Shampoo. Jetwashed the car off and got to work with Clay....

I used Sonus Glyde Detailing Clay Lubricant and Sonus Glyde Detailing Clay, on the wet bodywork. I honestly didnt think my car was "that bad" other than a few tar marks (more on that later) But this was off the rear quarter panel alone!

e9836714.jpg

I did the whole car and then jetwashed it off. Crazy how much s**t came off. There was still lots of Tar left, so I went to Auto Fineese Citrus Power, which struggled. I went to my old "shelf" And found a brand new bottle of "Auto Glym Intense Bug and Tar Remover". This managed to get the stubbourn bits off, I then went back over with Citrus Power, and then the Clay bar and Jet washed it.

I then thoroughly dried the car, using a Sonus Drying Towel, and a cheap microfibre for Door JAmbs and under the bonnet and set about the Polish.....

Gally recomended Auto Finesse Rejuvinate, I was impressed at how easily it applied with a Foam Applicator. I polished a panel @ a time in a circular motion and then buffed with a fresh Microfibre. This took me around an hour.

Finally, was the wax. Now again Gally recomended Auto Finesse Tough Coat. Bizarrely in a spray bottle. Never used a wax like this before, But I did a small part of the roof to see how it worked. I sprayed it onto a sponge applicator, and applied it to the car. Nothing. But after a few minutes it cured into what to me seemed a normal wax. I then buffed it off.

Tyres were then coated with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel, and the exhaust buffed with Autosol.

In the weather we had, it just looked clean, with alot more reflection than normal, but certainly not worth a picture for a forum! HOWEVER. The paint feels like glass! I ran my hand over it before and it was rough, its extremely smooth. I've done 60 miles today and normally it would be minging again, but the dirt seems to stay off.

I've just popped to Asda 24 and parked under their multi story, it looks excellent! Im convinced that when the weathers right, the whole car is going to pop like a Cosmic should!

Hopefully, now all the hard work is done, including a fairly tough top coat, when its Sunny next, a simple 30 minute wash and dry, will have it looking brilliant easily and I can get pics then, hopefully with refurbed wheels :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb mate. Tough coat is a spray sealant mate but you used both products perfectly. That's how they shoukd be used.

After it's next wash i'd dry it and apply another coat of tough coat. Just for coverage, looks and durability. :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Cheers Gally, I'll do another Coat.

Im off next week, could do with doing my Calipers and getting the refurb done at the same time. May have to borrow the cash till Payday and get it all done at once!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Right, again upon Gally's recomendation, I gave it another Coat of Tough Coat.

This meant a quick wash was needed, nothing special, So a quick jet was then I got applying the 2nd coat of Tough Coat.

Weather is still s**t, but I got some pics today. Ignore the wheels and tyres, I know they are minging but theres no point me doing those till I get a refurb!

In the Sun it looks great, but its pretty dull so these will have to do!

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2135-1.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Im thinking of running some 10mm spacers all round, what do you think?

TBH, I'll never have a mint car. My car spends over 60 hours a week in a Supermarket Car Park, the amount of Dings and scratches I've picked up since owning it is horrific, but nothing I can really do!