ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY EP3

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
does the front one fit with the Grupe M and Air con ???

Rob B pipe next for me when they are in

Is his name R8BYP or something on the forum? A Red CTR? I saw him about 20 seconds away from my house the other day, but PM'd him and got no reply.

Thanks Chris

Tom: Yea, I was a little worried how they were going to be for £27, I had some money in paypal so thought if I dont like them, Ill sell them for £20 and not lost much, but really happy with them

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Regarding the strut brace.. I wanted a red one, but couldnt find one. Then a lad on the R/C car forum I go on posted a picture of his:

IMG_0066.jpg

I'll ask him bout A/C

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah thats him think they are going to be about 7 days there is a list of names and what type if you want one

Is his name R8BYP or something on the forum? A Red CTR? I saw him about 20 seconds away from my house the other day, but PM'd him and got no reply.

Thanks Chris

Tom: Yea, I was a little worried how they were going to be for £27, I had some money in paypal so thought if I dont like them, Ill sell them for £20 and not lost much, but really happy with them

Fiesta ST Stage 3
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ordered some None GB Plates, just to freshen it up a bit (and to please Gally ;)). And a Mugen Badge, going to put it under the Type R one on the rear

d92461d4.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Very clean, not a fan of the badge though as it already has 4 or 5 badges/stickers of 'Type R' doesn't it?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I took one badge of, replacing it with another, therefore the total number of badges hasnt risen ;)

It might end up on my locker @ work though, its bigger than I thought

DB.

BMW 440i
I think for me, it's the fact it has Type R on the side skirt, then the window above it.

Less is more for me though, everyone is different.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
B pipe will be early next week FYI .

Got my stuff from Tegiwa just need it to stop p*ssing it down so i can fit it all .

Got the same plates last month good choice .

Next is short shifter , solid gear box bush , Gear box oil change .

TTRS & V50
I think for me, it's the fact it has Type R on the side skirt, then the window above it.

Less is more for me though, everyone is different.

+1

Plates look good, although if you got show plates from fancy plates they wouldn't have the trading name or postcode ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Clean plates FTMFW!

I get mine with nothing on it. :eek: Not BSA mark or Postcode. f**k da police iirc..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I hear you there, I do the same. A family friend who's a bobby was picking fault with it the other day, just told him I don't drive in his s**t county anyway!

Touch wood i've never been stopped for my plain back plate or my small front one. It'll feel mental if I ever have to live with a normal size plate on the front on any future cars.

Back one should always be standard!

Rear is standard, without BS marks though as I had it made on eBay. Front is a small jobby, UK legal font but with sod all white around it. He was moaning ANPR would struggle with it. Doesn't bother me, I haven't passed an ANPR van in years.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
TBH I didnt notice the Postcode/BSA marks were on them, but TBH for £11 Im not gonna moan and its all legal. I look young, im in a Type R with a loud air filter, the last thing I need is a dodgy number plate. Although I did consider a smaller front, I dont think its the sort of car that suits a smaller plate?

I fitted the Mugen badge, didnt look right, seemed a little too try hard if that makes sense, so I took it off.

Service on Sunday, Need to get the camber arms and bolts fitted so I can get the FRSU @ BMTR. Thing is its having the time. Im working 6 days at the moment and having Sundays off, but everywheres closed Sundays lol.

320d
Touch wood i've never been stopped for my plain back plate or my small front one. It'll feel mental if I ever have to live with a normal size plate on the front on any future cars.

Back one should always be standard!

+1

I don't see the problem with a slightly smaller front plate. As long as it can be read from a reasonable distance I don't see the problem anyway.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Been an age since I updated, Still got the EP3, still love it TBH. Had a small incident where a Mitsubishi Colt drove it into :(

ef7f87c7.jpg

Which meant I was rolling around in a nice Courtesy Car for a while

367b7063.jpg

They did a nice job on the repair TBH

90982879.jpg

I've then been spending my money on the inevitable car bills, Tax and Insurance, which cost over a grand, so the only mods I've done lately are a HID kit (not sure if legal, but the best mod Ive ever done seriously!) and a TRS Towing Eye.

BFCD7DEE-4C82-4FDB-8A3B-2DDF067A9000-3912-00000433C6BF140D.jpg

A8C465DF-9652-4CFD-AE48-1306AF929B3D-3912-00000435CFB2A93F.jpg

Gave the whole thing a good clean, especially the interior!

78FBEFCA-F151-468C-8035-8B71EF939F88-3912-00000433CD1800DA.jpg

Got some pics of it today with my mates new toy, a 400bhp+ Mk 2 White Focus RS (with some HOOOGE Alcon Brakes) But been has he hasnt even put any pics of his car on his FB, I probabaly shouldnt post them without asking him :)

TTRS & V50
The standard lights are shocking aren't they.

What HID kit did you go for ? Linky ? I thought your not aloud HIDS with new MOT regs ?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The standard lights are shocking aren't they.

What HID kit did you go for ? Linky ? I thought your not aloud HIDS with new MOT regs ?

You're not, But Ill take them out come MOT time. They aren't idiotic ones, They are in the facelift projector style Light and I went for 6000k which is pretty OEM.

I appreciate I may get a little bit of stick for running them, but they standard set up, even with Nosram Night Breakers was shocking! I dont know if the BMW, and the fact all my mates have Xenons on their much newer cars spoilt me, but the Civic is like 2 Candles!

Ill pop a link up when I find it, it was less than £40 posted with the Adapters!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
LOL maybe

or some 18" Rota Torques :) Only a few hundred quid more than a set of Bridgestones/Pirellis if I have budget 18" tyres... lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ary you going to get K/PRO / K100 ?

I am going to Eurospec at the end of the month .

Alan

TBH, I doubt it. I hardly even V-Tec it. I managed 300 miles to £55 the last tank lol. Its plenty fast, Im not exactly a driver, I do 3-4k a year. Pottering to work and taking my mum about to the shops/work. I always wanted a Type R sine 2001, so bought one kinda thing? The fastest car I had before this is a 1.2 lol.

I've lost thousands modding cars over the years (Admitedly cosmetically) I had the same chat with my mate yesterday. If I wanted a faster Civic, id sell mine and buy a ready super charged 52 plate pre facelift or something.

I appreciate they do respond well to the KPro and it transforms the car, but its like spending a 6th of the cars value on an ECU. I personally think Id benefit more putting that towards a holiday or a stereo system for it. Ive had a big stereo system in every car ive owned, and ive had this 10 months and it still has stock Head unit lol

As long as its clean, and legal, Im kinda happy with it. I intended on a new car around January (really want to just go and PCP a brand spanking Diesel 3 Series Coupe)

Swift Sport
Looking good!

Mines on Eibach Sportlines now, and I'm getting a FRSU done before the end of the month.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Well, I got bored of the stock head unit. I was on a budget, so I took a risk and bought an Eonon Unit from eBay for £149....IT has a 3 month 100% money back gaurentee, so if it was poor, Id simply send it back. However, I must say Im rather impressed! The Bluetooth works perfectly in both streaming music and hands free mode. Seriously, the bluetooth on this anhilates my previous Pioneer Flip Out Screen.I'm using an iPhone 4S, my iPhone 5 comes soon so Im hoping it still works, but I'm not holding my breathe! The Internal amplifier which wont be used for long seems to have improved the sound of the stock paper speakers (Which wont be used for much longer). It plays DVD's/CD's well, and the radio picks up every station I need. The screen is pretty fluid too, its almost like an iPhone screen going between apps, you can SWIPE between pages/modes, which impressed me! It has a Reverse Camera, USB/SD Card/iPhone/iPod Mode, and you can add Nav/TV if you wish (I Probably will if it supports iPhone 5)

Only issue I have is the Angle it sits at, means its not perfect in sun light (this is down to Honda, not them however) My mate had a decent Pioneer NAv in his Type R and his was the same. Also, Im not using an adapter Fascia, so it does stick out a little bit, but Im hoping I can modify it some how.

However, I decided to get started, I only had 3 hours to do this so had to rush!

9C6616C7-2111-4929-9F44-88EEABF6EE93-1514-0000023701DD66D1.jpg

15 mins later

8F2E37B8-5CC9-4161-8604-486D15A93B5B-1514-0000023705C88816.jpg

Fitted

8AF8D689-E259-42BE-8A82-1FC27A3EA8A9-1514-0000023709EEC58B.jpg

3EF08F0B-7120-470B-B4BC-167E129AE062-1514-000002370CE47BCB.jpg

I then had to go buy an ISO adapter as Honda uses a weird Pluig, £2.99 on eBay or £19 at my local audio shop, but I needed it now so I had to drive to the Shop with the dash like the above!

F3E91E27-F65C-43D8-8F01-5C50743C2EF0-1514-00000236F787A3FE.jpg

Watching the Dark Knight

274EAF2C-CA4C-46B9-B56A-992D4796CF5D-1514-0000023710B4BFB2.jpg

Really Impressed for the cash, quality is awesome!

I also wired in the Reverse Camera, RCA's and Remote lead ready for the boot build :)